Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Beers

• 09-03-2005 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

First things first, should this thread be called Boards Beers? or Boards' beers?

Anyway,

Champions league in Pav then Doyles for drunkenness? That's the unofficial boards beers.

The official boards beers, which is being organised by Agent Smith is on Friday, with a meet up between 5-7 in the buttery. So this means if people have other places to go other people to meet/do they can still come for a while. and say hello. or fu*k you you internet c*nt, which ever they feel appropriate.

kl

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i dont remember anything....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Me, Apex and Indy having a very serious discussion about the pronunciation of trondheim. Pictures to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Me and Indy singing "Like A Virgin"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Me and pet singing some alanis morrisette song to many boos.. As kev said pics to follow..

Nah, it was the cat stevens we got boos for..the alanis morissette was just unsuitable as a last song.

and bear in mind, everyone was drunk in the photos, except me, I'm on antibiotics and couldn't drink, but i had a fever instead (what fun)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

you guys always organise these things when i cant go, its a conspiracy :p

A CONSPIRACY of hate. only joking. everybody can go this friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

hverybondy
    ?!

woopsy. changed that.
    probably should have change the capitalisation from conspiracy to hate but doesn't matter now. so any more confirmations for attendance on friday? or is going to be apex me and pet again. if it is, i'm not going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'll be there. around 5.30 or 6 i'd say

• Advertisement

fair play crash, i knew you were bang on, despite the fact you ignored my pm.

I might show my face for once, seeing as its the last week of term and such. Just to punch Kev in the stomach when he asks me for more information regarding myself and someone else. I'll see how the cash situation is holding up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

woopsy. changed that.
    probably should have change the capitalisation from conspiracy to hate but doesn't matter now. so any more confirmations for attendance on friday? or is going to be apex me and pet again. if it is, i'm not going.
    lol the trio not getting on so well?

i probally won't be there, still sick at home....

no the trio is cool. too cool. only joking. ah come along bobo, antibiotics and alcohol is a good thing, i'm sure indy will confirm.

P.S. no punching allowed.

antibiotics and alcohol is a good thing, i'm sure indy will confirm.

Yep, according to our resident doc, a pint or two won't do you any harm unless you're taking metronidazole (that's Flagyl to us Joesoap types).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm afraid I'll be West.

i may call in....

Agent Smith, you're a boards mod?! Since when?

a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

Last week in Shelbourne Park?

• Advertisement

it was a while ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Pet wrote:
    Yep, according to our resident doc, a pint or two won't do you any harm unless you're taking metronidazole (that's Flagyl to us Joesoap types).

Generally small to moderate amount of alcohol is ok - as a rule, half your normal intake or have less than 3 pints - whichever is lower......

Large amounts of alcohol can interfere with the metabolism of antibiotics, and that is why it is not recommended. Be sensible and its grand......

If you are taking metronidazole or Flagyl, this aggressively interferes with the metabolism of alcohol and you will get a dreadful hangover after a few sips of beer. Alcohol is forbidden with flagyl for that reason........

that went well.

How well is well?

as well as well can be for something that didn't happen. unless i missed it.

who turned up?

I was in the pav gettin lagered up with my mates.. Indy came over to chat with us about hypnosis.
    Then with my superior skills of miss-direction AND under the pretence that I was extremely inebriated. I was able to successfully distract Indy and steal his drink.

who turned up?

No one.

i solemnly swear that i will never mention the phrase "trinity boards' beer" ever again.

What drink did you steal Apex?

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I was in the pav gettin lagered up with my mates.. Indy came over to chat with us about hypnosis.
    Then with my superior skills of miss-direction AND under the pretence that I was extremely inebriated. I was able to successfully distract Indy and steal his drink.

Turing the hypnotiser into the hypnotisee eh? I like it.

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:

It wasn't as impressive as he makes it sound....... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

DrIndy wrote:
    Generally small to moderate amount of alcohol is ok - as a rule, half your normal intake or have less than 3 pints - whichever is lower......

Large amounts of alcohol can interfere with the metabolism of antibiotics, and that is why it is not recommended. Be sensible and its grand......

If you are taking metronidazole or Flagyl, this aggressively interferes with the metabolism of alcohol and you will get a dreadful hangover after a few sips of beer. Alcohol is forbidden with flagyl for that reason........

Don't some antibiotics have part of the molecule that reacts with alcohol to make a compound that causes vomitting? I remember because I read that they took the antibiotic, removed the antibiotic portion of the molecule and used the bit that reacted with alcohol as a treatment for alcoholism.

Thats metronidazole and the compound refined and used occasionally to help recovering alcoholics is called disulfram.

It interferes with the metabolism of alcohol and its results are to create the worst hangover imaginable after a few sips of beer........

Touting that dictionary again I see ;)

i was also getting ****-faced in the pav, with homesick alien....

indy gave me a can and a smoke...

and some guy gave me a lift home, cant remember his name, bob?

Advertisement