Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Forum

Options
  • 09-03-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Why am I banned?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, it quite clearly says it on the thread where you were ;) looking for back up games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

and I was!! Nothing illegal about that. How long is the ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

You were asking where can you buy "back-up" games, how is that in any way legal you twat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The ban lasts until you learn how to read charters and understand them.

oh for gods sake amp.
    you know that going to school, and doing english, and learning to read from Ann and Bob go camping, and then lear.....

ah forget it.

• Advertisement

jesus lads, buying backup copies of games you have already is not illegal. I phrased it that way too. There are sites that supply backup games and thanks to someone, I found out where that site was. That was the question I asked in the post and the answer led me to a 100% legal site.

I don't think that justifies a ban, but I'll just have to accept it. Please let me know when I can be reinstated.

dude, explain to why you need to buy a 'back up' (read : copy) of a game you already own?

if your original gets scratched to bits, then rather than shelling out the full price, you can get a copy. When you buy it first, you should make a copy or two before it gets scratched. Thats why they are called "back-ups"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

its illegal to make a back up of a game and then sell it, both you and the seller are breaking the law, read this post nice and slow as it seems you dont catch on to quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jesus lads, buying backup copies of games you have already is not illegal. I phrased it that way too. There are sites that supply backup games and thanks to someone, I found out where that site was. That was the question I asked in the post and the answer led me to a 100% legal site.
    Buying backups is illegal, because the person selling them does not have permission to copy the original.
    I don't think that justifies a ban
    Yes it does. It states it plainly in the charter
    This means that if you post anything on how to obtain, copy, hax0r, backup, get a serial number for or otherwise copy or circumvent copy protection. We don't care if you want to back up your perfectly legal copy of The Sims. Copying protected cd's is off-topic anyway. There is a zero tolerance for this. If you break this rule, you will be permanently banned and your post will be edited and/or deleted.
    Please let me know when I can be reinstated
    It would seem like never according to the above.

• Advertisement

fair dues so! Apologies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The funny things is that you cant play 'backups' on an xbox unless it is modded - and that invalidates your warranty and is unsupported and looked upon as illegal from a MS pov.

So even if you DO own the original - obtaining a backup has its own remifications

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

So the moral of the story is buying backup's is illegal mmkay !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

No, the moral of the story is read the charter (or have someone quote it for you if you're new to the internet and computers and 100% LEGAL!!!1! sites.)

Advertisement