Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone on here breed african Cichlids?

• 09-03-2005 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Let me know, Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

african cyclids are the same as any other fish to breed. Watch for the signs Make sure you have male & female.When you see the signs, isolate the fish untill they spawn. then remove the fish & isolate the eggs & incubate them.
    There really isnt much more to it. Unless you want to complicate matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

boroughmal wrote:
    african cyclids are the same as any other fish to breed. Watch for the signs Make sure you have male & female.When you see the signs, isolate the fish untill they spawn. then remove the fish & isolate the eggs & incubate them.
    There really isnt much more to it. Unless you want to complicate matters.

im afraid its not that easy for african cyclids, are they mouth breeders?, if so remove all the other fish from the tank if the female has eggs in her mouth apart from the male that she mated with, its the same with egg layers if you see eggs remove all the other fish and let the breeding pair get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

I know how to breed them, Im looking for nice clean stock, usually breeders have the nice ones.

Thanks for putting me right. I have two tanks full of fish & i hardly know their names, But they are more than healthy as i look after them well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Cool, what types do you have that you know about.

• Advertisement

KOI KOI KOI KOI & so on

Advertisement