Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wana share a room?

Options
  • 09-03-2005 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Me and my friend (2 guys) will be goin to ucd next year. We are just finishing off a NCI (worst college evr!). Anyway we were just lookin to see if anyone would be intrested in sharing a house with us.

Ive been looking into it and it seems that the best option is to get a house with 4 bedrooms that way you could get about 6 - 8 people into the house.
    I was kinda hopeing to get together a group before we pick a house that way it would be best for everyone. You would be lookin at around 80-90 euros rent a week.

We kinda want as well an even number of guys to women (better atmosphere - weve all seen "Friends"). Other than that if your nice and easy going thats the kind of people were looking for.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm currently out in UCD at the moment and even though I'm from Dublin I'd frickin' love to share a house with people, it would be such a laugh but sadly yours truly has no cash so it will have to another year of living with mummy and daddy for me! :mad:

Out of interest could you tell us more about NCI and why you think its sh*t and generally what its actually like? I'm possibly thinking about doing a course out there next year because funnily enough I think UCD is a sh*thole and want to get out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GraveRobber

Yeh i live in dub, too but theres no way im gettin 2 busses twice a day just to get to college. NCI is no fun at all. Then again I have never been to another college so I nothing to compare it to.

Its a small college with some good lecturers and some really bad ones. There is rarely any good events organized and the computers are a disaster all to themselfs.

UCD has got to be better. DCU looks good but its the same 2 buses problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeh i live in dub, too but theres no way im gettin 2 busses twice a day just to get to college.

Take it from me - it ain't easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I have to get a DART in and then get a bus or walk into college.... pain in the hole. Apparently on the DART line they are planning to do something crazy which would mean me getting three trains just to out to Sydney Parade! If that happens I'm moving out defo.

It must be sooo great for the people living out on campus who can get up 10 minutes before a lecture. *jealous of those w*nkers* :mad:

I've no doubt that you will have no bother finding people to share a house. Place up notices around UCD advertising for people to share with for next year or try to find a big bunch of mates and live together which sounds like quite jolly good old fun to me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GraveRobber

Tha man, guess its lookin dat way allright. No one else seems intrested here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

8 x 80 = 640
    640 x 4 = 2560 p/m

thats ridiculous money altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah I went to NCI as well (Left for the UK). The place is terrible! The location is great but not for activities. I transfered out this year but the computers always seemed to be in working order.

Just citrix is a bitch :) and no laptop's allowed on the network (WTF)

Advertisement