Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread / Bakery

• 09-03-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Where do you buy your bread (not cuisine de france or sliced pan - real bread)? Tell me your favourite bakerys for getting fresh tasty REAL bread.

La Boulangerie on John's St in waterford is the best I've been to in ireland.
    Gammels in Ranelagh is quite good, and the Temple Bar market on a Saturday has some really nice stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Tell me your favourite bakerys for getting fresh tasty REAL bread.
    Thunders in Drumcondra - think they have a few other branches around Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Aye Thunders is fantastic. I remember getting birthday cakes from there when I was a kid, the vienna roll is amazing too.

That said, I probably haven't had anything from there in about 15 years.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love the Deli Boutique in Rathgar...mmmmm delicious croissants and parisiens :) there also used to be a jewish bakery called The Pretzel i think? they did lovely bread and gingerbread men...do they still exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

There's a "Pretzel" on Lennox St., just off to the right coming from Upper Camden St. onto Richmond St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jetsetter

there is a cafe on dawson st??? (am not sure one of the streets along there) called Brubaker, they have the best sandwiches,, baps etc and the bread is divine, baked instore as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

There's a "Pretzel" on Lennox St., just off to the right coming from Upper Camden St. onto Richmond St.

The Bretzel Bakery on Lennox Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

the bakery in leixlip is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Which supermarkets do the best in-house bread. I was in tescos on a sunday and everything was sold out, then I spotted there own white unsliced loaf, it was €1.75 so I thought it must be ok as there own brand is something like 35c. It was far better than any of the usual brands, but I have had better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Superquinn definetly has the best inhouse bread.
    Tescos and Dunnes are essentially cuisine de france - eat it while its hot because it goes stale immediately and turns into rubber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The Dunnes on George's Street do fantastic boulangerie de gourmet breads. The bread is made by the bakers who also bake for Maison de Gourmets between George's Arcade and Powerscourt house. They're fab. It's actually owned by Patrick Guillbaud (who has a two Michelin Star restaurant). Avoid Cuisine de France like the plague.

(Unless as Reactor says it's hot.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The Alternative Bread Co. in the English market in Cork has a huge selection of delicious breads.

Advertisement