Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

savings question....

Options
  • 09-03-2005 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

okay

i have a few pound that i want to save for at least 2 years until i would be secure enough to buy a house...

The saving bonds offered by the POst office offer 2.6% per annum over 3 years and as far as I know you have to have your money in for the 3 years..

My local bank is offering a measly 1% per annum with smart save account...

BAr investing this money in stocks as i have no clue about them... do I have any other options... ie a higher interest rate and anoption to pull out in 2 years with the interest if i decide to buy a house...

all comments welcome, thanks

paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/clubman/BestBuys.htm

Currently northern rock online demand account with 2.6% and extra 0.4% introductory bonus for first 6 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Impresive rate, but their website isn't inspiring confidence atm, I'm getting lots of "Server Error: Type mismatch" errors. Would I be wrong in saying that the minimum deposit (after the first €1000) is €500?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I keep the cash portion of my portfolio in one of Northern Rock's online accounts. Best rate you can get for savings in this country.

If you have no clue about stocks, stay away - particularly if you will need the cash after only two years.

Advertisement