Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frontpage suggestion/request

Options
  • 09-03-2005 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

is there any way to make the links on the front page point directly to the thread rather than just the post?
    if i try to go to a thread with about 15 to 20 posts on it, and scroll back to the start of the post, the page constantly jumps to the bottom.

this can be annoying when your trying to read from the start / middle, especially when the connection is slow, as it jumps to the last pst in the thread as each one loads.

i usually browse from the front page / lastpost=?whatever pages and so it can be awkward soemtimes..

is there a prefernce that i can change or is there an alternative frontpage avaialable somewhere?

thanks for reading.....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

On the flipside, if I've read 8 pages of the thread and have to flick through it and then find the new post, that would be just as irritating... Perhaps link options? One for the post and one for the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

that would be fairly annoying too,
    but would it work the same, ie would the page keep automagically scrolling back to the top ?

anyway i think there must be an option somewhere around here......

Advertisement