Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tempil bar

• 10-03-2005 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hey who hangs out by temp. its gr8 lauf der :D . an shops r beast :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I agree, shops r beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

lmfao! beast! arrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ur a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭little_metal_chick

wat are the top 5 shops there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Beast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

This thread is the beast ever.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I used to hang out in Temple Bar (dunno about Tempil Bar though) I don't anymore though because it became overrun by teeny-rockers - of course I'm referring to twelve year olds in Nirvana t-shirts with skateboards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Fishie wrote:
    I used to hang out in Temple Bar (dunno about Tempil Bar though) I don't anymore though because it became overrun by teeny-rockers - of course I'm referring to twelve year olds in Nirvana t-shirts with skateboards

Pimple Bar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Trick Pie

That place is full of idiots. The people who hang out there just drink and slut themselves around.
    I don't hang around town at all anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Trick Pie wrote:
    That place is full of idiots. The people who hang out there just drink and slut themselves around.
    I don't hang around town at all anymore.
    I hang around Temple Bar an i'm NOT a slut!! Most people aren't its just the odd few that give the place a bad rep!! Also not everyone drinks, theres an unbelievable amount of tee-totalers there!!

• Advertisement

wat are the top 5 shops there :D
    The best shops are fresh, purple haze, eager beaver, flip and apathy!!

In all fairness, the mini-rocker plague must stop. I hung out at the central bank in 1993, where rocker numbers were kept down naturally by skanger intimidation, thus preserving any novelty/indivituality young rockers ever had. Charlie's rock bar was open at the time, and fibbers was upstairs with a raver club below leading to hilarious fights at closing.

There were also far fewer people with gothic tendencies- and we generally had to make our own jewellery and clothes as pretty much all Asha sold at the time were t-shirts for a fiver, and bongs. There was more creativity and flair, not just 15 yr olds going about in their uniforms of store bought skirts and standard generic 'dark angel' corsets or whatever.

What little atmosphere, aesthetic and intelligence the teenage rock scene dublin ever had has been sucked up and destroyed by Aidan Walsh, fakers, wasters, morons, 'i hate my parents'ers, neo-alcos, and all the rest of the boring stereotypes that plague 'tempil bar' (sic) and the rest of Dublin.

and hoodies for all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

you'd wanna be pretty stupid to get drunk in temple bar...

i really DISLIKE the eager beaver shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Temple Bar is Poser Central, really, you can smell the linkin park cd's from grafton st.

Get over yourselves!!!! its not as if theres anywhere else to hang around in dublin!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

God what does people have against people who hang around in temple bar??Its not like theyre going around "starting on" people like the other majority

mo_thoin wrote:
    Get over yourselves!!!! its not as if theres anywhere else to hang around in dublin!!! :mad:

It's not the location I despise, just most of the people. For reasons I outlined above.
    mo_thoin wrote:
    I hang around Temple Bar an i'm NOT a slut!! Most people aren't its just the odd few that give the place a bad rep!! Also not everyone drinks, theres an unbelievable amount of tee-totalers there!!

and
    mo_thoin wrote:
    The best shops are fresh, purple haze, eager beaver, flip and apathy!!

By the way!!!!! There are other!!! ways to end a sentence!!! than this!!! Oh my god!!! A full stop!!!!! How will I!!! force ! my HAND !!!!!! alll the way! over to that side of the keyboard!!!!!!!!111!!one!!!!!11

First of all, you dont know any of the ppl who hang around there cause if you did then you would not despise them cause most of the ppl are the soundest ppl you'll ever meet!!! stop being so judgemental!!!!
    Secondly i was pointing out that you cant stereotype the ppl that hang around there cause not everyone is the same!!!! some ppl are sluts an others aren't!!!
    an thirdly i luv exclaimation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*adele* wrote:
    God what does people have against people who hang around in temple bar??Its not like theyre going around "starting on" people like the other majority
    exactly,there not cause they see how pointless it is beatin up someone just for fun!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I find it funny how they conform to all dress like non-conformists [spelling?]. Its like;
    X:"I'm a non-conformists, so I dress in black"
    Y:"But your all dressed the same"
    X:"F**k-off you confomist bast**d!"

You do see some people who dress uniquely, but not often.

• Advertisement

ok most ppl are fully aware of the fact that no matter what you wear someone else is goona be wearin it too!!! its a fashion, anyone wit half a brain knows that!!! we dont think we dress individually cause we know we dont to be truly honest, we dont really care!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Temple Bar is depressed teenager central, and you can't deny that :)

Also, as for having "Nowhere else to hang out", em, how do I say this, why do you need somewhere to hang out? It's not like hanging out requires specific facilties. Find a wall, sit, sorted.

Go do something constructive with your time, instead of just sitting on your ass in Temple Bar. In fifteen years time you'll be cursing yourself that you wasted your time not doing the things that your body is fit enough to do.

eh well the whole guards an no loitherin thing is a bit of a problem there!!! temple bar is the only place that they dont seem to care an just leave us be!!! why should ppl who live in eg. lucan go all the way to eg. tallaght to see there friends when they could just meet up in town, which is basically where every bus goes, so they wouldn't have to take 2 or 3 buses to see there friends!!!!!
    An what constructive things could we be doin?? give me an example?

Get a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mo_thoin wrote:
    An what constructive things could we be doin?? give me an example?
    How about something you enjoy?
    Go to the cinema, go see a gig, go cycling, go camping.

"There's nothing to do" is the worst excuse ever conceived.

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Get a job.
    I have one!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

As a resident of 'Tempil Bar', I do find the Avril Lavine-alike brigade a bit annoying and boring at this stage to be honest...

At least with the skate boarding dudes (annoying as they are), when they cream themselves on the pavement every so often, thats entertaining :D

For god sake, go and do something with your day apart from sit around like a bunch of muppets in the city centre. Get a saturday job, go to the phoenix park and kick a football. If you dont like football, just go for a walk or something... oh yeah and in the summer dont wear black. It makes you warmer... just a little advice.

Taking 2 buses to visit your mate isnt that big of a deal really...

I dunno. That type of crowd has always hung there in some shape or form over the years. Perhaps this crowd could show a bit of originality and do something different for a change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Give them a break.

Teenager like to feel like they belong and there is safety in numbers. If they strolled around town they would get a load of abuse from the kind of people who wear tracksuits all the time.

I used to have a few places to hang out in town when I was similarly black dressed teen with attitude. They were inside though so I don't quite get standing in the cold so much.

It's one thing to be annoying but they don't seem to be actually causing any trouble as such.

mo_thoin wrote:
    I have one!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me guess... promoter for the exclamation mark advisory board? I know you said you like using them, but part of nettiquette is refraining from using things such as too many smilies, CAPS LOCK TYPING and prolific exclamations, as it annoys the living fuk out of the other readers, and may result in some people not taking anything you say seriously.

Reading your posts through my internal monologue makes you sound like a hyperactive American teenager.

Please, please, stop.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    How about something you enjoy?
    Go to the cinema, go see a gig, go cycling, go camping.

"There's nothing to do" is the worst excuse ever conceived.
    I agree that gigs would be good but the only gig that actually lets ppl our age in is Blast which isn't on that often!!! all other gig spaces are over 18s!!!! we do go tot the cinema but that gets borin after a while!!! An campin? wit bugs an stuff??

Advertisement