Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tempil bar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Let me guess... promoter for the exclamation mark advisory board? I know you said you like using them, but part of nettiquette is refraining from using things such as too many smilies, CAPS LOCK TYPING and prolific exclamations, as it annoys the living fuk out of the other readers, and may result in some people not taking anything you say seriously.

Reading your posts through my internal monologue makes you sound like a hyperactive American teenager.

Please, please, stop.
    Leave me an my exclaimation marks alone!!!! im goona keep doin them so just drop it!!!! An im not a promoter for the exclaimation marks person!!!

To morningstar- finally someone who agrees!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

mo_thoin wrote:
    An im not a promoter for the exclaimation marks person!!!

*sound of Shabadu's head imploding*

You are either a master-troller, in which case I doff my cap to you, or you are for real, in which case I console myself that you're a teenager, and perfectly within the boundries of normal teenage behaviour.

This post has been deleted.
    Finally someone else to help me defend Temple Bar!!!!!

To Jr.Shabadu - just leave the exclaimation marks alone!!!! Just leave them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

lets not forget how beast the shops are

• Advertisement

[:\/]shops R teh beast allrighte , TimAy!!! :):):):):):):):):)[/:\/]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    What little atmosphere, aesthetic and intelligence the teenage rock scene dublin ever had has been sucked up and destroyed by Aidan Walsh, fakers, wasters, morons, ...
    Sounds like someone had a negative experience with the famous photographer.

"Happy new year ladz"

He touched my special area...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Yeah, I've heard the stories about him. Money glued to the floor of his flat and all that. Only watched the chap from a distance I'm glad to say.

I only hung around that area very temporarily and only to see my mates band.
    I felt very uncomfortable around those people. Then again, met a lot of other very sound people. Then a few years after my teenage angst I walked through the place, and the amount of KoRn and Lynkon Park t-shirts I saw... the place had gone so down hill.

Actually, I'm a woman so he never touched my special area. But I had a male friend who was 15 a long time ago. And Aidan wasn't. Let's just leave it at that. Aidan was sexually abused as a child, so I do feel bad for him, but let's stop talking before Boards gets sued for libel and I get in trouble with Regi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

i'm a teenager, and i dont get why most of the people i know go to temple bar and i ask them why and they say "oh cause theres drink and stuff"

personnaly i cant stand the "rockers" hang around temple bar

Obviously if youre friends hang around there an you cant stand the rockers who hang around there then you can't stand youre friends???
    Hate that!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

mo_thoin wrote:
    Obviously if youre friends hang around there an you cant stand the rockers who hang around there then you can't stand youre friends???
    Hate that!!!!!!

obviously you can't read, because if you check closly, you'll see the word "friend" is nowhere to be seen in my post.....hate that!!!!!

Oh well sorry!!! The ppl you know!!!
    Its just as bad not bein able to stand the ppl you know!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Who mods this forum? Can mo_thoin and the other eejits who are over using exclamation marks, not be warned to stop or maybe even banned forever? I just got very angry after reading this thread.

There's no point, Dr. Loon. Surrender to the influx of irrelevant grammar, or be forever damned.

You know in the Bodysnatchers when the aliens point and shriek when they see someone who hasn't been replicated? That's what I hear in my brain when I read this thread.

And yet, I keep coming back and haven't even put anyone on ignore. It's my own fault really. Bit of a masochist or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Who mods this forum? Can mo_thoin and the other eejits who are over using exclamation marks, not be warned to stop or maybe even banned forever? I just got very angry after reading this thread.
    You're always angry.

For gods sake!! there just exclaimation marks!!! relax,youre the only two ppl that give out about it!!! you know there still gonna be there!!

Jr Shabadu- can you not find somethin better to give out about???

Oh I could. Your signature, for example.

You do realise that the moon is approximately 0.384* 106 km from the sun? The sun being the nearest star to the moon?

The nearest star to the sun is Alpha Centauri, at a distance of approx. 4.3 light years.

Therefore, if you haven't even reached the moon, there is no way you're getting anywhere near a star.

Also, it is spelled amongst.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Alright thats it. i've had enough.

All you 20+ year olds and you 18+ year olds for that matter get out of this childrens playground. Leave the childers to their l33t sp3ak, !!!! and beast shops.
    Just do what we do in real life and plow on through temple bar without stopping and go on your merry way to grafton\dame\henry st.

Come on now. and dodnt even think of stopping to give any english booze tourists directions to pubs.
    come on. OUT!

• Advertisement

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Oh I could. Your signature, for example.

You do realise that the moon is approximately 0.384* 106 km from the sun? The sun being the nearest star to the moon?

The nearest star to the sun is Alpha Centauri, at a distance of approx. 4.3 light years.

Therefore, if you haven't even reached the moon, there is no way you're getting anywhere near a star.

Also, it is spelled amongst.

That is all.
    Its just a phrase!!!! Jezz, you pick the most irrelevantly random things to moan about!!! Stop complaining, for gods sake!! if its not exclaimation marks then its spellings!!! an i need to get a life???
    Tut! old ppl these days, theres always somethin.....!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

temple bar is ok. it has some good shops, and i don't really know any of the type of people who hang around there or around the central bank, so, i can't really judge but, i do have to agree with whoever said it, there are a lot of posers in temple bar. And they're also kind of intimidating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

When i was younger and niever i hung around "the bank". Man how i regretted it. Bunch of stupid gimps who are trying to annoy mummy and daddy by being "alternative(sp?)"

mo-thoin: Please for the love of everything learn how to act on the old interweb its not that hard. I'm only a year older than you and I'm complaining so stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It's the nuisance factor of having a group of kids hanging around in an area for the people who live/work there. No matter what you say or think, having 30 kids hanging about on the street in and around your place of work can be harmful to business. Also people live/rent there, and I can imagine it being very frustrating to hear kids shouting at each other all day long (because lets face it: In groups its impossible to all chat quietly amongst yourselves). Its the sort of thing that intimidates and puts off tourists (more so than Irish people), and it is tourists that are important to the people who work there. It brings the tone of a dingy area down further.

[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

seamus wrote:
    You're always angry.

Good point.... but mo_thoin is taking the píss at this stage.

I find it really wierd how all you ppl could be so obsessed wit somethin as simple as an exclaimation mark!!!!!!!!!
    I pity you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

mo_thoin and jr shabbadu you are both absolutley brilliant and should form a comedy double act, i was feeling bored and depressed until i read this thread and now i have a big grin on my face :D .

on topic though the kids that hang about there arent dong any real harm. they could be out letting down car tyres ,throwing stones at trains , hassling the elderly etc. if the biggest complaints you can find against them are that they dress funny and talk too loud you should be happy. i mean thats not much to put up with sureley.

anyhow once again jr and mo; thanks so much, you are my new favourite people on the interweb :)

*bows* I'd like to thank mo_thoin. Without your ineffable optimism this thread wouldn't exist. Reading back over it it is pretty entertaining.

Use your exclamations with youthful enthusiam and joy, i'm sorry for being such a cynical old fart. Truce?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

do not mess with me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Dublin Is The Beast

Advertisement