Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats UP with Smart BB Customer Care

• 10-03-2005 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Ok i signed up for Smart Broadband the very hour they put out the press release about it, the reason was because i have a "Difference of Opinion" with Eircom and IBB were talking over 6 months to build their Baldolye Mast.

However, Overnight IBB finished their mast and yesterday i got a call from a friend in IBB to see if i wanted to still be connected that he could pull a few strings to Bump me up the Re-Test list. (They were out B4 but not in coverage)

Anyway i was put onto the new mast this morning and its excellents speeds cos i'm on the only one on it for the next few days, maybe even weeks, YAY!
    SO now i want to cancel my SMART Broadband that is due to arrive in the next 2-3 weeks but every call to smart ends up like this:

SMART: "Hello Smart BRoadband Sales"

ME: "Hi, Can i speak to someone about canceling my application?"

SMART: "All of our agents are busy, can i take your name and number and one of out agents will contact you back within 24 hours?"

Me: Sure..... (Gives Datails)

END CALL

So far i've done that 12 yes a wopping TWELVE times, yet still no contact!
    A mate of mine is trying to apply for it over the phone and its the same thing, they take the number and nobody calls back.
    So ive givin up, i've put my bank wide to stop and Direct Debits from Smart telecom incase they try take any money, and when all the BB equipment arrives i've got a nice little place on a shelf for it in the Shed.

The seriously wanna sort therselfs out cos if it some to Customer Care......
    (shockingly) Eircom Broadband and Esat Broadband (and dare i say it) Irishbroadband all have better customer service.

My little rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Probably best to put it in writing and send it via registered post. If your current attempts at cancellation go untreated they might still try and DD your account and then try to hit you with failed DD charges. At least if you've put it in writing and the receipt is registered you've got some firm evidence instead of assuming Smart have your name and number written on a post-it somewhere.

Advertisement