Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dk Jungle Beats

Options
  • 10-03-2005 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

Ok I bought the nintendo as a cynical xbox owner thinking that it would be a bit kiddy but have a bit of value.
    I have to say I was wrong, the game quality makes up for a lot.
    I bought Donkey Konga with the bongos and now have bought jungle beats, man it was a good decision.
    All around great fun game with an unusual but very usable control interface.
    Anyone else have it? What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I love DK: Jungle Beat. It's the kind of short, challenging, replayable game I bought my Gamecube for (well, sort of: I mostly bought my Cube for Smash Bros.) and the second set of bongos makes Donkey Konga more worthwhile. That it's a wonderfully original idea that not only works far better than you might think, but also look gorgeous while doing it, is certainly a bonus. Hurrah for DK not being in **** games anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Boss fights rule, bashing the bejaysus out of the bongos is a lot more fun than it looks hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hurrah for DK not being in **** games anymore.
    Like what? DK Country 1,2 and 3 were excellent. Donkey Konga was great fun. Mario vs. Donkey Kong was a brilliant platformer. What **** games did you have in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Just my opinion, of course, but Rare's Donkey Kong games have never really been all that special. DK64 in particular was one of the least interesting things I've ever found inside a box, and the Game Boy games were really misjudged. DK Country 2 was uninspired but actually pretty great, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

+1

Great game, pure fun imo!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Anyone see the bit on RTE news about Carlows Comp Games degree? The guys were playing Donky Konga in the backround, looked great.

Advertisement