Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha DSP Z9!

Options
  • 10-03-2005 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I am looking for one of these beast. Unfortunately, it's for my dad - he had seen it for sale in Peats for €4,500 marked down from 5k. Is this the best price in Dublin?

I have also found it at www.technikdirekt.de (thanks to this board) for €3,500 + €70 shipping. Anyone know anything about the european warranty on this thing and who I should contact in Ireland regarding repairs.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

I had looked into this myself a number of months ago in relation to the RX-V750 which is only available in Europe, UK & Ireland has a non tuner version of DSP-AX750. The Irish version is 700 while the RX is available from Germany for about 450 including delivery.

I contacted Yamaha UK (& Ireland) in relation to the warranty and they came back to say that they will honour the warranty on any model bought in Europe that they sell in UK/Ireland, and while they are not legally required to cover the warranty on a model that is not specifically sold in the UK market they would be willing to cover it as a matter of goodwill.

Thus buying from technikdirekt should not affect the warranty but you need to bear in mind that the power cord will probably be a european 2-pin one which you will have to cut in order to add a UK 3-pin version.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Thanks, antomack.

I have orderd the Z9 and am waiting anxiously for delivery (hasn't been shipped yet).

Did you contact Yamaha in the UK or do they have an Irish office - I couldn't find one. Would I need to send unit to UK for repair under warranty?

Technikdirekt has offered to handle the warranty themselves but not sure want situation is regarding postage cost - worry about that when I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

The Irish agents for Yamaha are Danfay Ltd, 75 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Phone 01 4754248. They have an in-house repair centre for Yamaha equipment too, so it shouldn't need to go back to Yamaha UK.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Robbie,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Jimmy

Advertisement