Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB & Wireless Router

• 10-03-2005 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I finally got IBB installed yesterday after 11 months of "we'll be installing broadband in your area in 2 weeks".

Now I need to get myself set up correctly i.e. wireless.
    I have been given a ADSL wireless router but I'm not sure if it can be used with my set up
    It is a Zyxel Prestige 660HW Series - 802.11g Wireless ADSL 2+ 4-port Gateway

Can I use this to share my connection aound the house? or do I need to get a router that doesn't have an adsl modem in it instead ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cionn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Not sure about that Zyxel Cionn, but I use the basic 3Com G office connect with no issues.You can find it here .It's only €79.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I am hoping that I don't have to resort to buying new hardware however I might just sell the router that I have and get something like that one if it's not possible.

I am also looking for a wireless VOIP phone for Skype that works directly with a router. All the ones I have seen so far need to be plugged into a USB port. I want something that doesnt require a pc to be left on when you are expecting calls (or making them ). Also I am not prepared to pay big money for a cordless phone.

Cionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The router you have will work fine for distributing your BB.

Advertisement