Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official if I ever run into anyone who worked on KOTOR 2 I may weel be doing time

Options
  • 10-03-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Before I start my story I just want to list my system specs and say that I have all the latest drivers and windows updates

Win XP home SP1a
    AMD 64 3400+
    1gb of some dear very dear ram can't quite remember the name of it
    MSI K8n Neo Plat MObo
    74gb Raptor
    Ge- Force 6800gt
    Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Well I installed KOTOR 2 and everything seems fine, click start new game , go through generating my character and click play, the next screen stalls on load with bout 1/3rd of the load progress bar full. So I try again a few times and the same thing happens. So then i decided to have a look the the support section on the Kotor2 website and then I found this so called solution which outlined my problem : http://63.169.70.223/search.asp?sid=042120050310193095151090&pid=1388&pnm=Star+Wars%A9+Knights+of+the+Old+Republic%A9+II%3A+The+Sith+Lords&seid=3680&pos=Windows+XP&qu=character+creation&rid=21271 well anyway I did what it said have a read to see exact. Then it says to try and start a new game , so it no goes by the load bar but then stalls on a black screen, so ctrl + alt +del wouldn't work , nor would alt f4, nor would enter * 2, so i turned off my pc and tried to reboot now windows fails to load and I keep gettin a VMI disk read error and I cannot repair or reinstall windows and I'm soo pissed off I had so many things on the HD and I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry for the long read/rant

Someone please help!
    Richy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If its an offical copy - no joke - I would get onto them and demand not only a new copy but also compensation for the fact that your gonna loose tons of stuff from your hard drive....(all valubable and irreplacable)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Yep it's an official copy I even had it preordered from play for around a month before it was released I'm really pissed off atm, but seriously I doubt any of the support team would give a fcuk, the only thing I can say is that I wish bioware made this one. Any ideas about what to do to reinstall windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Try to get your hands on the Ultimate boot disk and see if any of the repair utilities on that can help you out.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Try to get your hands on the Ultimate boot disk and see if any of the repair utilities on that can help you out.

what is this ultimate boot disk that you speak of and where could I obtain one.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

but seriously I doubt any of the support team would give a fcuk

Write to some kind of a manager. Always does the trick. :D

-oRnein9- wrote:
    what is this ultimate boot disk that you speak of and where could I obtain one.
    Thanks

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Below is a list of the tools it contains, there might be something there to repair your problem, it's worth a shot.

MaxBlast 3 (Maxtor) 3.6
    DiscWizard 2003 (Seagate) 10.45.06
    Disk Manager (Seagate) 9.56a
    Disk Manager (Samsung) 10
    Hard Disk Diagnosis
    Drive Fitness Test (IBM/Hitachi) 4.00
    PowerMax (Maxtor/Quantum) 4.09
    DLG Diagnostic (Western Digital) 4.15
    DLG Diagnostic (Western Digital) 5.04c
    Data Lifeguard (Western Digital) 11.0
    SeaTools Desktop (Seagate) 1.06.02
    SeaTools Desktop (Seagate) 3.00.07en
    Diagnostic Tool (Fujitsu) 6.20
    SHDIAG (Samsung) 1.25
    HUTIL (Samsung) 1.19
    GWSCAN (Gateway) 3.15
    GWSCAN (Gateway) 5.09
    Salvation HDD Scan and Repair 3.0
    MHDD32 4.0
    Ontrack Data Advisor Free Edition 5.0
    Hard Disk Device Management
    Feature Tool (IBM/Hitachi) 1.94
    AMSET (Maxtor) 4.00
    MAXLLF (Maxtor) 1.1
    UATA100 (Seagate) 3.06
    Ultra ATA Manager (Western Digital) June, 2003
    SMARTUDM 2.00
    ATA Password Tool 1.1
    ATAINF 1.3m
    Hard Disk Wiping
    AutoClave 0.3
    Active@ KillDisk Free Edition 3.1
    Darik's Boot and Nuke 1.0.4
    PC INSPECTOR e-maxx 0.95 Build 775
    Hard Disk Cloning
    HDClone (Free Edition) 2.0
    g4u 1.17
    PC INSPECTOR clone maxx 0.95 Build 769
    XXCOPY 2.85.9
    Hard Disk Sector Editor
    Disk Editor 3.0
    DISKMAN4 4.01
    PTS DiskEditor 1.04
    Partition Tools
    Ranish Partition Manager 2.44
    XFDISK (Extended FDISK) 0.9.3beta
    SPFDISK (Special FDISK) 2000-03q
    TestDisk 5.5
    Partition Resizer 1.3.4
    Partition Saving 2.91
    Free FDISK 1.3.0
    MBRtool 2.2.100
    MBRWork 1.07b
    FIPS 2.0
    Active@ Partition Recovery 2.1.1
    Boot Managers
    Smart BootManager 3.7R1
    Gujin 0.9
    GAG 4.5d
    XOSL 1.1.5
    File Managers
    DOS Navigator 4.9.0
    File Maven 3.5a
    NTFS Tools
    Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
    Note: The SCSI drivers are available on the CD in scsi/. Selecting "[a] autoprobe for the driver" on startup should do the trick. 041205
    Active NTFS Reader for DOS 1.0.1
    EditBINI 1.01.1
    Boot Partition 2.50
    System Burn-In Test
    Lucifer 1.0
    CPU Test
    CPU Burn-in 1.00
    Mersenne Prime Test 23.5.2
    Memory Test
    Memtest86 3.2
    Memtest86+ 1.40
    Windows Memory Diagnostic n/a
    DocMem RAM Diagnostic 1.45a
    DocMem RAM Diagnostic 2.1b
    TestMem4 4
    ctramtest 5.1
    Peripherals Test
    Parallel port detection and test utilities 1.45
    ATAPI CDROM Identification 2.03
    CPU Information
    Intel Processor Frequency ID Utility 7.2.20041115
    System Information
    AIDA16 2.14
    NSSI 0.58.6
    PC-Config 9.33
    ASTRA 4.21
    PCISniffer 1.3
    PCI
    pcidevs.txt: 21 Nov 2004 0.49B
    CTIA 2.1
    Benchmark Applications
    System Speed Test 32 4.78
    3D Benchmark VGA 1.0
    CPU Benchmark n/a
    CD Index 1.1
    BIOS Utilities
    BIOS 1.35.1
    UniFlash 1.38
    WipeCMOS 1.2
    CMOSPWD 4.4
    !BIOS 3.20
    DOS Boot Disks
    FreeDOS Boot Disk 3.22
    NwDsk: NetWare Boot Disk 3.22
    Madboot Floppy 8.0
    MSRRC: Bart's Network Boot Disk on FreeDOS 3.22
    Antivirus Tools
    F-Prot Antivirus for DOS (Personal use only)
    Virus definition: 16 Jan 2005 3.16a
    McAfee Antivirus Scanner
    Virus definition: 12 Jan 2005 4.32.0
    Avast! V7.7 for DOS
    Virus definition: 18 Jan 2005 7.7
    AntiVir Personal Edition
    Virus definition: 18 Jan 2005 6.29.0.5
    Network Tools
    Freesco 0.3.2
    Arachne WWW Browser 1.79
    QNX Demo Browser (network and modem version) 4.00
    NetCopy 0.2
    DOSRDP 2.0/XP
    Disk Image Tools
    Disk Image Writer
    Original work by Adrian Stanciu. Writes disk images on UBCD to physical floppy disks.

Oh and if the tool isn't there that can do it, then you're F0cked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Played it on the Xbox and didn't experience any problems aside from the fact that they forgot to finish the game. You don't even get an animated ending, just some old bird waffling on and a wall of text.

It makes Halo 2's ending look great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually after installing the game to my xbox harddrive i found a massive bug that stopped the game dead, online tons of people are having similar problems, both those who dump it to hard drive or play from gamedisk.
    Its a very poorly put together piece of software, PC and Xbox both.

Get the developers, cut off their heads and bury it in the back garden, thats a judgement and I'm making it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You're not missing much...there are basically no real improvements over the first game, the only difference is that the story isnt as good.

If you have a look around the lucasarts website its totally unreal how they can sell such a buggy pos (piece of $hizzle) on the name of the origional king, I'm not doubting that it is a good game once you programme you computer to eat $hit, but common there should be an international quality of prouct standard or something that stops developers from releasing such a buggy game, i mean bugs on a console wtf , like I'm after dumping my whole comp as a result of "obsolite" or whatever the developers are called.
    Rant Over!

-oRnein9- wrote:
    If you have a look around the lucasarts website its totally unreal how they can sell such a buggy pos (piece of $hizzle) on the name of the origional king, I'm not doubting that it is a good game once you programme you computer to eat $hit, but common there should be an international quality of prouct standard or something that stops developers from releasing such a buggy game, i mean bugs on a console wtf , like I'm after dumping my whole comp as a result of "obsolite" or whatever the developers are called.
    Rant Over!

So I take it there was nothing on the disk that could help :(
    Sorry to hear that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really liked the original though, that one kept me up til half two in the morning for weeks until I completed it. What a crock that the sequel should have been playtested by a group of grandmothers who signed up thinking it was a knitting class!

Advertisement