Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One dig knockout!!!

• 10-03-2005 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

Check out this link, a guy throws a big left hand slap and his attacker goes down like the proverbial sack of spuds afterwards.

One big strike and he's down!

Enjoy! :D;)

(playing Devils advocate)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

Roper wrote:
    Check out this link, a guy throws a big left hand slap and his attacker goes down like the proverbial sack of spuds afterwards.

One big strike and he's down![/URL]

It was not just one big slap. There was'int any big swing back like used Traditionally. It was short, fast, whack to the point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Looked to me like a fairly hefty chop to the jaw.

Ive seen many luminaries knock people out with a shot to the jaw.

You should check out K-1. Mirko "Crocop" Filipovich has a great onetouch knockout! Maybe he studies pressure points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Roper wrote:

One big strike and he's down!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=233413

.logic.

D'oh logic! Ya gotta pay more attention! :rolleyes:

Roper is well aware of the other thread. Being his brilliantly stirry self he starred up a new thread called One Dig as opposed to One Touch KO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

columok wrote:
    D'oh logic! Ya gotta pay more attention! :rolleyes:

Roper is well aware of the other thread. Being his brilliantly stirry self he starred up a new thread called One Dig as opposed to One Touch KO!

Ah right. How controversial. Is it "MMA vs TMA" time yet?

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

who give a damn wheather it was a punch, slap to head, whack or forearm to throat/neck...it did the job under pressure and under a potential serious assault situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Ah right. How controversial. Is it "MMA vs TMA" time yet?

.logic.
    No need to get catty just because you missed the point :D

Millionaire,
    in the other thread, some people were using this as an example of pressure point strikings effectiveness, I'm just doing a bit of quality sh1t stirring and getting some debate going.
    It was not just one big slap. There was'int any big swing back like used Traditionally. It was short, fast, whack to the point!
    I have a KO tape from boxing, in that you'll see all types of knockouts, lots of which are short, fast, whack to the point. Left hook anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Left hook anyone?

ehh... no thanks
    :p

Roper wrote:
    No need to get catty just because you missed the point :D

Millionaire,
    in the other thread, some people were using this as an example of pressure point strikings effectiveness, I'm just doing a bit of quality sh1t stirring and getting some debate going.

I have a KO tape from boxing, in that you'll see all types of knockouts, lots of which are short, fast, whack to the point. Left hook anyone?

If he threw a left hook then fine (I'm all for that also). But he did'int, what he did do was strike in and up like many a Kyushu jitsu stylist does. I'm calling it as I see is all man :D

a little reasearch....

http://www.kyusho.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Hummmmm.

Now where have I seen that before?

• Advertisement

memphis wrote:
    Hummmmm.

Now where have I seen that before?

Sorry memphis! Where have you seen what before?

Yeah, whatcha mean Memphis?

Paul,
    I was using the left hook as an example of a fast strike that KO's without using any pressure point.

Roper wrote:

Paul,
    I was using the left hook as an example of a fast strike that KO's without using any pressure point.

Sorry Roper man. I though you were saying that the strike was a left cross. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mattsylvester

I know that most of a hook knockout is concussive but it does hit points, there are three good'uns along the line of the jaw. Just a light tap on them (nothing hard enough to get the brain going) can drop people. Just ask my wife :)
    Roper wrote:

Paul,

Just ask my wife
    :confused::confused::confused:
    Better clarify that statement Matt :D

I'm going to take boxing as a reference point here due to that being our most common ground. (ie. everyone's seen a boxing match)
    A lot of K.O.'s are concussive, and a lot of them are due to a lack of co-ordination between brain and body. Body feels *bang*, eyes don't see *bang*, brain goes *what?*, man goes down. said another way, some are shock, and some are force. There may well be pressure points there, but any striking of them would be purely incidental. If it was the pressure point strike that knocked a guy out, there'd be a lot more KO's from smaller boxers against bigger guys. There isn't, and it's extremely hard for a boxer to come up weight and punch at that weight, so there's no magic button.

This is stretching it a bit on your part Matt. I suppose if I hit a bloke in the belly with a baseball bat and he doubled over, you'd say it was in part because the bat struck a few points along the belly. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I was refering to this link!

its the same video clip that Musashi posted a few days back.

Memphis...

read back over the thread a bit more carefully!

:o

Advertisement