Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat billing problems and the practicality of changing providers

• 10-03-2005 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I currently have BB + voice + line rental from Esat but have had major problems with them. For any of you in the same position, I would recommend you check your bills to make sure you are getting the discount for having voice + BB.

Esat have now agreed that I can break my 12-month contract without penatly to move do a different provider. However, they've warned me that a seamless switch to another provider is not possible and I may be without broadband for a period of time.

Has anyone any tips on how to make this go smoothly and what sort of time period we're talking about?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Its scare tactics...pure and simple.

But no doubt about it...there will be a period of time that you wont have Broadband...and this could range from one month minimal until any number of months you dare to think of.

If you can live without it then of course change...but there is very little competition in Ireland as is and the only satisfaction you will get is knowing that your money will not go to a barely there Broadband package.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

diarmo wrote:
    ... this could range from one month minimal until any number of months you dare to think of.

Christ! I thought we were talking weeks. Does it really take months? Surely that's something Comreg or the Competition Authority should be onto. That effectively stymies competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

EsatBT/Iol Broadband took 2 and a half months to go from my internet signup for it to getting the modem in the post....need I say more.

Basically 512/128 is so basic that better customer service is the only thing that can save them.

While I waited for the postman to deliver the modem...I was given 3 separate dates for when the modem should arrive...these dates were not separated by a day or two but by a couple of weeks between each of the three!!!

Unless EsatBT/iol gives me more incentive to stay with them I will also be ditching their service and getting my internet acces from work.

BTW. I am currently on their 3 month "Honeymoon" period so its a threat I intend to keep unless they can offer me a doubling of the download limit at the very least!!!

Advertisement