Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vitalic (live) tonight

• 10-03-2005 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

For all you Vitalic fans, he's playing live tonight (Thursday 10/3/2005) for Electric City along with DJ sets from the excellent Patrick Pulsinger and our own Giles Armstrong.

This is on downstairs in Traffic (Middle Abbey Street), doors open at 10:30pm and the first 50 people in get a free 500ml bottle of Tiger Beer.

Tickets are on sale at Selectah Records (on Crow St. in Temple Bar) for 15 Euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anyone who has any sense will be at this gig, he tore the Metro apart last time.

I, typically, have no money at the moment... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Ah don't remind me!

I wanted to go to this gig so badly, but I've too much college work to make the trip up from Cork.

Enjoy it if you are going.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have no money either :(
    If only EC would give me a sub until 12:30 tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Heard a few tracks of the new album, its amazing.

I can't go because i'm a nightclub.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

BACKLASH wrote:

I can't go because i'm a nightclub.

what you mean?
    cause you promote other nights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm a post office.

it was a joke!, BACKLASH is another night on a Thursday, but we
    wouldn't begrudge anyone going to Vitalic.
    we actually all snook down for a while too, was great
    the best thing i've seen in ages.

jon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

was great the best thing ive seen in ages

Really, the sound kept ****ing up, which would ruin a live set, and i say would ruin a live set if that what he had done, just playing tracks from his album, and doing nothing particular special in the way of mixing or re mix his tracks. We've all heard La rock a thousand times was expecting him to mess it up a little and what was with repeating the same track (my friend dario) twice. I suppose i was expecting too much from the gig. The crowd was in good form though and vey very cosy on the dance floor.

I've heard a few mixed reports, i was only there for around 30 mins so maybe missed that, atmosphere was great too.

www.backlash.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Really, the sound kept ****ing up, which would ruin a live set, and i say would ruin a live set if that what he had done, just playing tracks from his album, and doing nothing particular special in the way of mixing or re mix his tracks. We've all heard La rock a thousand times was expecting him to mess it up a little and what was with repeating the same track (my friend dario) twice. I suppose i was expecting too much from the gig. The crowd was in good form though and vey very cosy on the dance floor.

Sounds a lot like his Peel Session in December. Usually he has a special version of La Rock 01 for his live shows though, with a bit of an interlude and a rock riff in the middle I think.

Bjork is the latest big artist to endorse him, he's doing a remix of "Who is it" for her next single.

• Advertisement
Advertisement