Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a nitro RC

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I dunno whay really. it just him... Lucky you being able to gewt stuff when ever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭vectra

dts wrote:
    Why not, so long as they have a good feedback and you use paypal and get things sent registered post there should be no issues?
    I get stuff every week from ebay :D

I get stuff on a daily basis from ebay :D
    Best shop in the world ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

You need to have a word with your dad and get him dragged into the wonderfull world of ebay. Before you know it he will be adicted and any savings he has will have been spent.
    I have the problem that I can look for things at work so always looking for a bargin! :D
    As for my cars. Got them out at the weekend and managed a good hour without damaging anything. For anyone out there who wants to get there first touring car I would have to recoment the TSN4 Thunder Tiger. I have bashed mine and ran it in dirt and stones and its still started after priming on the second pull after six weeks of no use. Its filthy at the mo so I will have to strip it soon and clean it up.
    Enjoy the bashing while the weather holds out!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭flat6

I got my son a 2 speed RC car from these guys:

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/

It was a Cyclone Pro

Cost was £126.81 (£149.00 Inc. VAT)

Which beats anything we've seen over here for an entry-level car.

So far, it's been a lot of fun - and nothing has broken :-)

Now he's looking for somewhere to race it...

BTW, what's the story on St. Annes Park - can you just arrive and drive?

Thanks

Warren

I believe the nitrotek has alot off comparable parts to a HPI. Spares could be your biggest problem for this model.

• Advertisement

So my latest purchse looks like its going to be a CEN MT2. Any views on what we think to this truck? It looks like it comes with the radio gear already waterproofed. I thought with winter fast aproching a truck would be the ideal thing for bashing around in the mud and wet weather that we have to look foward too. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭flat6

dts wrote:
    I believe the nitrotek has alot off comparable parts to a HPI. Spares could be your biggest problem for this model.

Not so - I checked that first:

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/categories.php?cat=8

Warren

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

dts wrote:
    I believe the nitrotek has alot off comparable parts to a HPI.
    It may have many parts in common with HPI, but it is likely the engine is a "lower" specification than the branded one.
    I recently was able to compare a Carson car with the ebay-chinese version "same car" which is supposed to be the same. The ebay version has a iron (heavy) heatsink head, whereas the Carson has an alloy (light) heatsink head with a lot more cooling vanes. So the ebay cheapo one runs substantially hotter. One would assume more wear on engine parts if heat is greater, in the low cost ebay one.
    Another substantial difference is the inability to get pullstarts for the ebay version, whereas the Carson engine (which is a Force engine in that model) has all the parts available. So he bought a Carson pullstart. And as the owner tried to put the Carson spare pullstart on his chinese engine he discovered to his dismay that due to a modification the available parts will not fit his chinese/ebay one.
    Later he tried to get the spare part from his original parts source but was informed that the correct thing was to buy a new engine !
    I understand that the car will cost more than the branded Carson would have cost after this simple first hurdle is overcome, but surely more parts will break in the future too, needing replacement.
    flat6 wrote:
    Not so - I checked that first: Warren
    Are u sure u checked it? Do u know what to look for?
    It's not what is in the parts list that counts ... it's what is missing ....

For example - are u expected to buy a new engine every time u break a pullstart? No recoil starters in the list.

FYI
    replacement pullstarts cost approx Eur 30,
    replacement chinese cheapo engines (with no spare pullstart option) cost Eur 100,
    later u will pay Eur 130-180 for a real engine when u wake up finally and stop buying a new cheapo-chinese-no-parts-engine every time the pullstart or any other bit breaks.

Just one person's observation based on a 30 second scan :D
    Of course this observation might not apply to this particular cheapo car .......

OTOH
    Did I notice any replacement pistons or liners, conrods,or carb idle screws in that parts list?
    mmmmm .... can't say I remember seeing them either ;) I have to agree with DTS.
    dts wrote:
    ...Spares could be your biggest problem for this model.
    Betcha they say "parts is no problem ! " when u ask. :D

Advertisement