Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

weeslip wrote:
    I'm think the v3x would be a suitable replacement. Its in the same price bracket. They are going to ring me back. Gave them the whole "consumer rights" speil

I#'d advice reading the T&C's before they call you, its always a good idea so you can quote it back to them....like most CS reps they won't know it off by heart and will probably have to put you on hold while they check.....find something you can go with in their T&C's and stick to it.

Just checked their site and I can see they added the LG U8360 - http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1141636528915
    still no Nokia phones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

They are sticking with the refurbished phone. If it breaks they give me another one, if that one breaks they give me another.

I asked him what was the point in trying to give customers a phone they no longer supported?? Silence.

Pain in the ass to say the least.

I bought it in three in dundrum. I wonder if i would get more satisfation from going back to them. Are the under an obligation to replace a good with like quality if they original is faulty? I'm browsing the consumer affairs website now but it is hard to find any relevant info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

weeslip wrote:
    They are sticking with the refurbished phone. If it breaks they give me another one, if that one breaks they give me another.

I asked him what was the point in trying to give customers a phone they no longer supported?? Silence.

Pain in the ass to say the least.

I bought it in three in dundrum. I wonder if i would get more satisfation from going back to them. Are the under an obligation to replace a good with like quality if they original is faulty? I'm browsing the consumer affairs website now but it is hard to find any relevant info

the v3x is a terrible phone for no other reason than its made my motorola. the best you can say about them is they might not break. three don't have any stores, you bought it from 3g, an irish company with a similar name to the hong kong based three.

you could try going back to them. normally i'd recommend doing it straight through 3 because they deliver it to your door but some of the stores might have a few 6680s lying around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I got caught with the credit limit also. Never knew anything about it as it is something they are obviously not advertising. I was told as my direct debit was due to be taken from my bank account the next day they would give me €10 additional credit for 24 hours. Sound!!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

the v3x is a terrible phone for no other reason than its made my motorola. the best you can say about them is they might not break. three don't have any stores, you bought it from 3g, an irish company with a similar name to the hong kong based three.

you could try going back to them. normally i'd recommend doing it straight through 3 because they deliver it to your door but some of the stores might have a few 6680s lying around
    i don't agree with what you said about the v3x
    besides the fact the is one of the coolest looking phones out there it had a 2mp camera on the outside and vga on the inside
    pic quality is class
    has a built in 64mb card and you get another 64mb free card with it
    the motorola software (motorola phone tools) is very good and speaker quality is very good and its very easy to use.
    Ive nothing bad to say about that phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ok, was at work tonight and I had a quick glance at our top-up machine (Alphyra) and we have now got a top up option listed as "3":D Definitely something happening.........

P.s. Pic attached of our TU machine menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    i don't agree with what you said about the v3x
    besides the fact the is one of the coolest looking phones out there it had a 2mp camera on the outside and vga on the inside
    pic quality is class
    has a built in 64mb card and you get another 64mb free card with it
    the motorola software (motorola phone tools) is very good and speaker quality is very good and its very easy to use.
    Ive nothing bad to say about that phone

this is the thing about motorola phones. they look so good on paper so they keep sucking people in to buying them. there's nothing wrong with the specs of the phone, its the workmanship that goes into them. to translate that: they're sh*t. i don't mean to be insulting your v3x, its nothing against that phone in particular, its moto in general. a lot of people have them and are very happy but motorola phones break much more often than phones of any other brand.

for example, my friend bought a v3x against my advice. it broke a week later. oh how i did laugh. his replacement seems to be going strong though.

edit: actually i do have an issue with the v3x. the fact that they call it the razr v3x. the v3 was a razr because it was so thin. the v3x must be the most blunt razr in existance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd have to agree about Moto phones, friend of mine got a razr and he had it replaced twice before he had a working model that lasted more then a week, the phone he had before that was also moto and had awful sound issues and it was only a year old.

ex gf had a moto and it used to turn itself off at random, in short anybody I know that has had a moto phone has had problems with themmm...compared to Nokia their complete crap imho

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Ok, was at work tonight and I had a quick glance at our top-up machine (Alphyra) and we have now got a top up option listed as "3":D Definitely something happening.........

P.s. Pic attached of our TU machine menu

Hey thats great, thanks for posting the photo, they definately must be getting ready to launch if they are updating machines. Thats the first piece of definate evidence.

Thanks again , if you get anything else let us know .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Blaster99 wrote:
    So... ask them to replace it?

Will certainly do so, but that will only solve one of the many problems...

E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

this is the thing about motorola phones. they look so good on paper so they keep sucking people in to buying them. there's nothing wrong with the specs of the phone, its the workmanship that goes into them. to translate that: they're sh*t. i don't mean to be insulting your v3x, its nothing against that phone in particular, its moto in general. a lot of people have them and are very happy but motorola phones break much more often than phones of any other brand.

for example, my friend bought a v3x against my advice. it broke a week later. oh how i did laugh. his replacement seems to be going strong though.

edit: actually i do have an issue with the v3x. the fact that they call it the razr v3x. the v3 was a razr because it was so thin. the v3x must be the most blunt razr in existance

I have a V3x for a few months now. I havent had a single problem with it. Recommend to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I have the Motorola E1000 - my first non-Nokia phone in many years. It has lead me to the conclusion that Nokia are the only manufacturer of mobile phones. Motorolas are dreadful. I would love to be able to put my 3 SIm into my old 6610.

cooperguy wrote:
    I have a V3x for a few months now. I havent had a single problem with it. Recommend to anyone
    well ya ive had my v3x for 4 months now and nothing gone wrong but i suppose he is right motorola is known for its phones that break easy and my bro had the v3x and his kept turning off after 2 months but 3 gave him a free replacement
    ive just been lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They Have now a "new" LG phone on the site now too.

If they would even put the U880 as an option - it's miles better than the one they have for offer :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 davidian

Signed up with 3 and got a v3x. Worst phone I've ever had since my last motorola. Phone itself ok but software unforgivably bad. Just bought voda v600i wash & go and had it unlocked. Am now trying to find the mms, gprs etc settings for the unlocked phone. Any ideas where I can get this info? Or does anyone have the k750i on 3 and can post the internet and mms settings?

Cheers,

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

davidian wrote:
    Signed up with 3 and got a v3x. Worst phone I've ever had since my last motorola. Phone itself ok but software unforgivably bad. Just bought voda v600i wash & go and had it unlocked. Am now trying to find the mms, gprs etc settings for the unlocked phone. Any ideas where I can get this info? Or does anyone have the k750i on 3 and can post the internet and mms settings?

Cheers,

D

Whats wrong with the software

same question as cooperguy whats wrong with the v3x's software?

I was suprised to see a article in the UK press today that says 3 are only the 5th largest mobile operator in the UK!!!! After a good few years now they still havnt managed to climb up the ladder!! I wonder if they will do better here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I thought Virgin Mobile was the 5th in the UK?

A good few new cells opened by 3 recently.
    They have 3G coverage in Gorey co wexford now where previously you had to roam.
    A good deal of North Wexford is covered and the coverage here where I am in South Wicklow is now better than any other network.
    I was able to make a video call to my brother yesterday(he previously had to roam)
    It was his first video call so before I shouted at him to take it away,I was looking at a shot of his ear hairs :eek:

• Advertisement

Coverage does seem to have improved alright, I'm getting a 3G signal in most parts my home town where around Dec/Jan I got none at all :)

Anybody know when Three update their website, its still offering March deals :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Does anyone know when Three will start offering Pay As You Go phones in Ireland? I really want a V3x and it would be hard for them to top Vodafone's €379 price tag for it.

Also, the "we pay you" thing they do in the UK is awesome.

Good news everyone, Three have the Nokia 6680 back! :)
    http://three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1120740051346
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Cabaal wrote:
    Good news everyone, Three have the Nokia 6680 back! :)
    http://three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1120740051346
    :D

sucks to that. where's the 6280?!

nialldinho wrote:

It still sucks alright but in fairness its better then no Nokia's at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

nialldinho wrote:

In all fairness when the 6280 comes out on 3 it will be out of date. I've been waiting for this phone since the middle of December. I don't know what to do now as i was holding out for the 6280 so i could get a contract with 3.

I want the N80 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I had heard that the 6280 is being delayed on 3 Ireland until June because it failed tests in relation to bugs etc.

So 3 Ireland won't sell the phone but 3 Australia and 3 UK have had it since December, regardless of the bugs/problems. :confused:

It's ridiculous how slow they're being at getting a new Nokia phone (while it's still new). Anyone would think they didn't WANT to lure people in with a shiny new 6280.

I've played around with the 6280 here in London, and it's really nice, I'm definitely tempted to pick one up. Stuck with my 3 Ireland contract til August, ho hum.

Linku wrote:
    Does anyone know when Three will start offering Pay As You Go phones in Ireland? I really want a V3x and it would be hard for them to top Vodafone's €379 price tag for it.

Also, the "we pay you" thing they do in the UK is awesome.

As on previous posts from me and others it is gonna be soon maybe Summertime. A guy posted a photo on here of his local top up machine and there is a button with the 3 logo on it so it must be soon.

The ''we pay you'' service proberbly wont come here although it would be cool. The only thing is that you have to receive loads of calls to get anything back but I guess its better than nothing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

TCamen wrote:
    I had heard that the 6280 is being delayed on 3 Ireland until June because it failed tests in relation to bugs etc.

So 3 Ireland won't sell the phone but 3 Australia and 3 UK have had it since December, regardless of the bugs/problems. :confused:

It's ridiculous how slow they're being at getting a new Nokia phone (while it's still new). Anyone would think they didn't WANT to lure people in with a shiny new 6280.

I've played around with the 6280 here in London, and it's really nice, I'm definitely tempted to pick one up. Stuck with my 3 Ireland contract til August, ho hum.

Look back on the posts about the number of Nokia 6280s with software faults in other countries. 3 Ireland surely can't afford to sell something that would damage their reputation so early in their life?

I reckon their right to make sure it's right before offering it - if at all, and that's down to Nokia isn't it?

Probably why they brough back the 6680?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

You can now access external websites with 3.

Advertisement