Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

its 7.50 a meg on o2 not including data add-ons

That is on pay monthly with the "surf 1" add-on. With the "surf" it's 1c per kb, dont know exactly what it will be, but more than 7.50/MB anyway.. For Speak easy, it is the same. Would guess it's around 9/MB.

BTW, when will it be possible to buy GPRS bundles on Speak Easy, and not only on contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hello out there, someone must be working for 3 and know the answer!?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

flodis79 wrote:
    That is on pay monthly with the "surf 1" add-on. With the "surf" it's 1c per kb, dont know exactly what it will be, but more than 7.50/MB anyway.. For Speak easy, it is the same. Would guess it's around 9/MB.

BTW, when will it be possible to buy GPRS bundles on Speak Easy, and not only on contracts?

Is this still "3 Network In Ireland"? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Is this still "3 Network In Ireland"? :confused:

no, he's talking about o2

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Yes they either dont know or are forbidden to tell!!!!! They are like robots in that call center!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

I also have not been able to login into gmail light since I got the phone last week. At the moment I'm also gettign errors when trying to send an email through 3mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

rang their customer care.. usual story "oh yes soon, maybe, keep on watching our website"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Obviously if it's been kept from the public, it's cos it's sensitive info right now.
    Finding out sooner won't make it arrive any sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the people working at 3 will know jack schitt.

they are only told these types of things a day before or maybe even the morning before something is released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

they are only told these types of things a day before or maybe even the morning before something is released

Giving them sufficient time to be trained up on the new product, etc.

Not likely. They'll be given notice beforehand. They may even know already - they just aren't allowed to tell.

• Advertisement

I dont think the 3 agents in the call center need any training its the same as Threepay in UK just in Euro pricing etc.... they are already trained up in Bill pay for the Irish market and I presume everything is on a computer if they are not sure of something. Whenever I called them they seemed to look in the computer for the answer. My guess is that they know but cant say and I think their calls are recorded so if they did say something they would be sacked!!!!

Cremo wrote:
    the people working at 3 will know jack schitt.

they'd have to know. even if they have dealt with threepay in the uk, they haven't done that since before last august so they'd need retraining. they're just not allowed tell us. one of them told me that they can't unlock the 6680 because they can't get the codes from nokia and wqe both know that's not true

and another woman, when i asked if they have 3g coverage in drogheda, told me that they have 99.5% 3g coverage and hung up on me when i corrected her and asked her to go check. but thats another story

She hung up on you ?? Now why does that not suprise me from a person that works for 3!!!! They are a bit weird if you ask me , I had a similar situation with a guy called Ayib or something like that , he was on drugs!!!

They must be getting ready to launch this service soon???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

not necessarily its been the same for months
    though if they want customers they have no choice because no matter how cheap they are the vast majority arnt going to chance to bill (with the exception of myself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

1huge1 wrote:
    not necessarily its been the same for months
    though if they want customers they have no choice because no matter how cheap they are the vast majority arnt going to chance to bill (with the exception of myself)

They might not want those kind of customers. It's how many bill pay that counts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Three are now offering the Nokia N70
    http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1141636528904

Its very expensive at the moment
    on 25e pm price plan it costs: 279e
    45e = 239e
    60e = 189e
    100e = 149e

About bloody time they started offering it!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Wow thats kinda expensive...
    Might wait a while and see if the price will drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Saw its not available on the site to buy so looked into it and well its not in stock so dont get too excited. :)

that's pretty much the same price the 6680 was when it came out (239, 199, 149 respectively). it'll drop in good time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Just spoke with a guy at 3 (1800330333) and he said its a mistake that someone put it up on the site and they are trying to remove it from the website as we speak! N70 not on the horizon according to "Barney". He apologised.....couldn't even give me a clear date on the 6280 either..

So much for that...

its gone

shame well hopefully soon but even then it would be well late
    anyway ill be staying with my v3x until they offer me a upgrade which will be a good while
    this link still shows it though
    http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1141636528904

Well as a guy previously posted a photo of his local Top Up machine with a new button with 3 logo on it they must be getting ready.

Was suposed to be released today but all of a sudden was pulled from the store site but they never told the poeple that deal with the corp. site to pull it.

Also in other news 3PAY is on the way :D
    Expect it very soon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Was suposed to be released today but all of a sudden was pulled from the store site but they never told the poeple that deal with the corp. site to pull it.

FFS i'm sick and tired of waiting for a proper Nokia form 3.

Cool if you get a date let me know, I have a Nokia 6680 on contract but I want to get out of it. Im hoping that I can get a SIM only pack with Threepay and it will work in my locked 3 contract phone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

May 20th @ 7pm:

https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?id_talk=2890

Perfect opportunity to moan as much as we want

Maybe 3pay will have launched by then?

Maybe 3pay will have launched by then?
    Maybe :)

• Advertisement

he says the video call quality on 3 is bad
    i thought it was fair good (although ive never done it with another network)
    would the phone have anything to do with it or do 3 have a default quality or somthing
    is vodafone better quality

Advertisement