Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

will the world cup goals be on the network in the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

T&#225 wrote: »
    will the world cup goals be on the network in the summer?

Looks like it! :)

http://www.three.ie/ireland/icompany/mediaview.omp?cid=1146151227352

3, Ireland's newest mobile network, today announced its programming package for the 2006 FIFA World Cup™, including made-for-mobile TV shows and fast-turnaround match highlights.

3's package will be offered free to all customers and will include three dedicated mobile TV channels - extended match highlights, 'Today's Best of…' content and a specially commissioned daily magazine show – the first made-for-mobile programming of its sort. The match highlights will be made available following every game, five minutes after the final whistle. A new 'match centre' application for the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ will also offer minute-by-minute text commentary and in-match stats from every game.

3 has licensed non-exclusive mobile broadcast rights in Ireland for all 64 matches of the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ from the 9th June to 9th July.

By offering this in-depth coverage to mobile consumers for free 3 is setting the standard for sports content in the maturing mobile media marketplace. 3 is single–handedly managing the acquisition, marketing and distribution of this premium content. With the widest 3G network in Ireland, 3's customers can enjoy the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ whatever they're doing, up and down the country.

Robert Finnegan, Managing Director, 3 Ireland, said: "While Irish football fans will sadly not be seeing the 'Boys in Green' take to the field in the 2006 FIFA World Cup™, that doesn't mean they have to miss out on any of the fantastic goals and highlights that are sure to feature throughout the competition. The 2006 FIFA World Cup™ is the first mainstream event where video mobile will play a major role as a media platform. In keeping with our track record of innovation, we are delivering specially made for mobile content and an exciting package of programming. What's more, 3 Ireland's customers get all this for free."

Oliver Seibert, an Executive Director of Infront, the company responsible for the worldwide marketing and sales of the broadcast rights to 2006 FIFA World Cup™, comments: "We are delighted about the partnership with 3. They have shown us that they can deliver a compelling offer that football fans will want. We are pleased that by giving wider access to the best of the 2006 FIFA World Cup™, 3 will be helping in the continued success of new media coverage of the single biggest sports event."

free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Woopidoo!
    Just what I want fecking soccer on my phone.
    When are they going to provide unlimeted internet access?

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Woopidoo!
    Just what I want fecking soccer on my phone.
    When are they going to provide unlimited internet access?

E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

1huge1 wrote:
    he says the video call quality on 3 is bad
    i thought it was fair good (although ive never done it with another network)
    would the phone have anything to do with it or do 3 have a default quality or somthing
    is vodafone better quality

Having both and using both there is no difference between the quality of 3G . 3 I have to say is good quality as is VF. A bad Video call may depend on how many bars you have on your phone or the other persons phone. You have to both be in maximum 3G coverage to get the best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Jam Man wrote:

3's package will be offered free to all customers...

By offering this in-depth coverage to mobile consumers for free...

...What's more, 3 Ireland's customers get all this for free.

yes. free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Dellas wrote:
    Having both and using both there is no difference between the quality of 3G . 3 I have to say is good quality as is VF. A bad Video call may depend on how many bars you have on your phone or the other persons phone. You have to both be in maximum 3G coverage to get the best results.
    thanks for clearing that up man

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

1huge1 wrote:
    thanks for clearing that up man

No probs , cool Bebo profile by the way!!

thanks nialldinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is there anyone who could be able to give us a rough time scale when 3 will become pay as you go? I wonder will they be any cheaper than the other providers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Is there anyone who could be able to give us a rough time scale when 3 will become pay as you go? I wonder will they be any cheaper than the other providers?
    Yes the day down to the hour, but i can't tell you :D

As far as pricing goes i haven't looked couldn't be bothered tbh.

in single digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Yes the day down to the hour, but i can't tell you :D

As far as pricing goes i haven't looked couldn't be bothered tbh.

in single digits.

Any idea when we'll see a new Nokia?

N70 was meant to go out on the day it accidently hit the site but was pulled the day before for some reason. So id expect to see it back up some time soon dont know tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

They launched the 6280 (which has been available in 3G shops and CPW for months now) and the N70 (for real this time) on their site today...

6280: http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1140430907810

N70: http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1141636528904

Kinda expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Grr i wana go to 3. When are they goin PAYG? :(

a couple of weeks apparently

anyway there selling the 6280 for €179 on the €25 a month tariff thats fair cheap
    wish it was availble 5 months ago when i changed to 3 although im very happy with my v3x which was also €179 which is good

thanks 1huge1

1huge1 wrote:
    a couple of weeks apparently

Edit: Removed ... Well i guess you missed it :p

huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

N90user wrote:
    huh?

he has inside knowledge apparently

I see. :D Good stuff

So what are the major differences between the 6280 and N70?

I just had a quick look on nokia.ie and they both have quite similar specs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Sunday Business Post today said that 3 will launch their pre pay service THIS WEEK. It will be a "major initative" for the Irish market.

Thanks for that Fungus. Ill be moving once i see the handset availability and price plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

nialldinho wrote:

One uses Symbian OS (downloadable applications a bit like Windows, Linux etc.) - N70

Other uses Series 40 OS - can just download java programmes (perhaps flash?)

The N70 is more business like - view PDF, word files etc.

basically ones a smartphone and ones not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

nialldinho wrote:

N70 has an annoying plasticky keypad.

Someone who was sat next to me the other day was using a 6280 and it looks like a very nice phone.

Very tempted to ditch O2 and change to Three.

I think I might threaten that I will leave O2 and see if they will offer me a good upgrade deal...

Thanks guys.

I reckon I'll go for the 6280 so.

Carphone Warehouse (Nutgrove) didn't have either of them today though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

nialldinho wrote:
    Thanks guys.

I reckon I'll go for the 6280 so.

Carphone Warehouse (Nutgrove) didn't have either of them today though.

I'm thinking of getting the 6280 but wondering if someone can tell me the phone is locked to Three. I travel away on business a lot and use a local sim in the US and wondering if I will be able to use it. And if locked, do Three unlock the phone for a fee or after a few months on Bill Pay?

Advertisement