Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

in England it's 100 pound if your in the middle of a contract to unlock, other wise after 12 months its free afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

N90user wrote:
    in England it's 100 pound if your in the middle of a contract to unlock, other wise after 12 months its free afaik

If I get a 3G phone elsewhere, can I buy just the sim-ship for bill pay on Three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Don't have a clue ADSLUSER

opt you making it up? How you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

The N70 and 6280 are back on www.three.ie, hopefully not just teasing us again.

6280 from 49E,
    179E for 25E tariff,

Rang one 3G shop in Cork, sorry another delay won't have it till the end of the month, so hopefully can buy it online.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fungus wrote:
    The Sunday Business Post today said that 3 will launch their pre pay service THIS WEEK. It will be a "major initative" for the Irish market.

enn.ie reports on this
    Mobile operator 3 is expected to launch a pre-paid service this week, according to the Sunday Business Post. Since its launch last July the mobile firm has only offered services to bill-paying customers who can avail of third generation (3G) phone services such as video calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Well it looks like its this week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

real_484 wrote:
    The N70 and 6280 are back on www.three.ie, hopefully not just teasing us again.

6280 from 49E,
    179E for 25E tariff,

Rang one 3G shop in Cork, sorry another delay won't have it till the end of the month, so hopefully can buy it online.

I rang Carphone Warehouse and they said end of July (although I don't believe any dates they give me!). I also rang 3G in Stephens Green. They don't have it and don't know when it'll be in.

I just ordered it today from the 3 website. I did it before 2 so it should be delivered tomorrow.

Sending off my transfer of number form now to try and speed things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

nialldinho wrote:
    I rang Carphone Warehouse and they said end of July (although I don't believe any dates they give me!). I also rang 3G in Stephens Green. They don't have it and don't know when it'll be in.

I just ordered it today from the 3 website. I did it before 2 so it should be delivered tomorrow.

Sending off my transfer of number form now to try and speed things along.

Let us know if you receive it tomorrow. I also want to put an order online if they have any in stock. which model are you ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Fungus wrote:
    The Sunday Business Post today said that 3 will launch their pre pay service THIS WEEK. It will be a "major initative" for the Irish market.

Link to the article on sbpost.ie? Tnx.

ADSLUSER wrote:
    Let us know if you receive it tomorrow. I also want to put an order online if they have any in stock. which model are you ordering?

I went for the 6280.

The order status is 'charged' on the 3 website and the money has hit my credit card so they better have it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

nialldinho wrote:
    I went for the 6280.

The order status is 'charged' on the 3 website and the money has hit my credit card so they better have it!

Same as (6280 ordered saturday)... charged my card on saturday afternoon too, hopefully i will get it tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I've had the 6280 on 3 UK for a few weeks now.

I had to return the first one after 2 days because it crashed within 5mins of switching it on, and repeatedly crashed when using nearly any application - music player, web browser etc.

Also the slider was very loose, and the top section wobbled from side to side and when you push buttons on the front, there was a lot of give in it up/down.

When I went to return it in Phones4U, they barely asked what was wrong, as I could see at least 5/6 other people sitting @ desks returning 6280s. They exchanged it no questions asked, though when I asked if they'd had many returns, he lied badly and said "no more than normal, as with any new handset there's always a few faulty ones".

My second handset has only crashed once in 2 weeks, but though the slide is much more solid, it still moves from side to side, and it makes me worry about accidentally making it really loose every time I slide the cover up or down. The volume of maximum ringtone settings is also quite low. I was in a not-totally packed bar, but still had trouble hearing a text or phone call ringing.

Apart from those few niggles, I really like the phone - the battey life is good, the screen quality is fantastic (though you have to be VERY careful of dust getting inside the cover). Music videos and stuff look much clearer on the screen than it did on my V975 on 3 Ireland, and the built in speaker is very very clear - MP3 ringtones sound excellent..when you can hear them :)

Overall I'm a happy customer though, miles better than the V975!

I think the problems that arose with the handsets on 3UK was the reason for the delay between 3UK's release of the 6280 and 3Ireland's release. Hopefully these issues are no longer present in the stock released on 3Ireland, but time will tell I guess....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

TCamen wrote:
    I've had the 6280 on 3 UK for a few weeks now.

I had to return the first one after 2 days because it crashed within 5mins of switching it on, and repeatedly crashed when using nearly any application - music player, web browser etc.

Also the slider was very loose, and the top section wobbled from side to side and when you push buttons on the front, there was a lot of give in it up/down.

When I went to return it in Phones4U, they barely asked what was wrong, as I could see at least 5/6 other people sitting @ desks returning 6280s. They exchanged it no questions asked, though when I asked if they'd had many returns, he lied badly and said "no more than normal, as with any new handset there's always a few faulty ones".

My second handset has only crashed once in 2 weeks, but though the slide is much more solid, it still moves from side to side, and it makes me worry about accidentally making it really loose every time I slide the cover up or down. The volume of maximum ringtone settings is also quite low. I was in a not-totally packed bar, but still had trouble hearing a text or phone call ringing.

Apart from those few niggles, I really like the phone - the battey life is good, the screen quality is fantastic (though you have to be VERY careful of dust getting inside the cover). Music videos and stuff look much clearer on the screen than it did on my V975 on 3 Ireland, and the built in speaker is very very clear - MP3 ringtones sound excellent..when you can hear them :)

Overall I'm a happy customer though, miles better than the V975!

I thought that's why 3 Ireland delayed the launch here? cos they waited for an upgraded handset & software from Nokia?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

#Elites wrote:
    does anyone know if you can port for 087 to them and keep the same number? cus i think their prices are gona be good (being new and all)

Yes you can port 086, 085 and 087 numbers to Three

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I was in the carphone warehouse on North Earl Street today and they have all the 3 phones on the wall with contract prices and 3pay prices but when I asked one of the staff when is it available he didnt have a clue!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

So what phones on Threepay did they have and how much did they start from ????

Thats the problem I cant remember was on me lunch break and was just getting me Da a phone for his B/Day. I will go up on my lunch tomorrow and get the prices!!!!

3Pay will be live by the time you finish your lunch tomorrow Davexirl

I am on 3's bill and do you know if the Nokia 6280 will be on 3pay??? I have the Nokia 6680 but its in bits. I really want a new phone and since I cant upgrade yet, I will buy the 6280 if its on 3pay!!!

Got an email saying my 6280 has been dispatched and should arrive tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I thought that's why 3 Ireland delayed the launch here? cos they waited for an upgraded handset & software from Nokia?

Well unless 3 Ireland will be getting completely different stock there's every chance the bugs will still be present, I mean I only got mine a few weeks ago, and they've been selling them here in the UK since December..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

That's what I was told when I asked why the delay over here....

...I went for a V3X as a second choice back then.

3Pay will be live by the time you finish your lunch tomorrow Davexirl
    Good news! Will they update the website around that time as well?

TCamen wrote:
    Well unless 3 Ireland will be getting completely different stock there's every chance the bugs will still be present, I mean I only got mine a few weeks ago, and they've been selling them here in the UK since December..

AFAIK the bugs present in the 6280 were under the firware version 3.36. I believe 3Ireland was waiting for nokia to fix the bugs before releasing in Ireland. When Nokia came out with firmware version 3.7 this was to fix all the bugs previously reported.

I dont believe that if v3.7 didnt fix the problem that 3Ireland would still release the handset in Ireland given that a large amount of handsets have been returned on 3UK, much to the disatisfaction of their customers and at a cost to 3 (collection and delivery).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's now live on three.ie (well sort of..the front page is showing it, but the subpages regarding 3pay seem a little flaky)

Price details here: http://www.three.ie/ireland/iexplore/ihowmuch/ipriceplans/payasyougo.omp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Note, we do not currently offer international roaming options for prepay customers, but are working hard towards building up an extensive portfolio of partners.

Disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Ordered the 6280 on Pay Monthly €25 package at about 9am this morning.
    Went in to have a look again a few mins ago and its not evening an option for Pay Monthly.
    What the hell are they doing?

Not just that tbh... the whole lot is disappointing. Rates are no great shakes and handsets are far from cheap. and 3cent a min promotional till Aug :mad: sucks
    And what about data? Pricing outside the walled garden? Or is the walled garden free at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Looks like I'm sticking with Meteor (free texts for life - not just until 2008!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Basically the retailers have no stock and the way the system works is if they have no stock then its not available on the site or something along those lines.

I hope since my order was accepted that they had at least one left for me :)

Advertisement