Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

JimmySmith wrote:
    Ordered the 6280 on Pay Monthly €25 package at about 9am this morning.
    Went in to have a look again a few mins ago and its not evening an option for Pay Monthly.
    What the hell are they doing?

Looks like its just a tech issue... just making some changes on the site for the launch of 3Pay
    Everything is still available here:
    http://store.3ireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Does seem a bit of a let down after all that build up. I don't think I'll be rushing to switch from Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

They wont be poaching any prepay customers - thats for sure.
    Is it just me or does anyone else get a bit p'd off when they see three offering somthing at a certain price with a star beside it like '3 cents per minute *', but dont tell you what the real cost will be when the time for the cheap rate is up.
    They did this with video calls too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not very good rates at all, and even the 3c calls to other Three customers is only a promotion that ends next month :(
    Very much a let-down
    JimmySmith wrote:
    Is it just me or does anyone else get a bit p'd off when they see three offering somthing at a certain price with a star beside it like '3 cents per minute *', but dont tell you what the real cost will be when the time for the cheap rate is up.
    They did this with video calls too.

Its standard for pretty much all companys to do this, you just need to look down at the end of the page or promotional material and you'll see the real price. Just appears your not looking hard enough ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Cabaal wrote:
    Its standard for pretty much all companys to do this, you just need to look down at the end of the page or promotional material and you'll see the real price. Just appears your not looking hard enough ;)

Its discrimination against people with bad eyesight so it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Someone help me. My maths insn't too good. I don't like the €20 prepay deal.. Feel like I'm losing money..:rolleyes:
    maths.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

quintron wrote:
    Someone help me. My maths insn't too good. I don't like the €20 prepay deal.. Feel like I'm losing money..:rolleyes:
    maths.jpg

Rofl I just saw that!
    sigh, I'm abit niffed that voicemail is free on 3pay but not free on billpay....wtf in fairness :(

AND voice and video calls (to three only I think) are 18c on threepay.....can't get into the site at the minute to verify but thats what I remember reading earlier. Is it not 50c for billpay for vid calls? Thats what it used to be anyway.. Correct me if im wrong..

Bitchin' 'n' Moanin' reference template....Please attach to your post to validate your rant.. :)

3pay.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Although I would like to get a 6280, or an n73 when it comes out... these rates won't convince me to switch from meteor. Free texts for life....mmmm goodness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

the 6280 i ordered yesterday at about 1.55 arrived today at 12.45. just taking it out of the box now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

Check alot of the retailers yesterday in Cork, but told end of the month before stock. So ordered over the phone from three yesterday. Delievered today at 12.30, standard pack with ear piece, charger, USB cable, software disc, 64mb mem, and sim card. Have a form to fill out to port number.
    so hopefully happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Ordered mine on saturday, got it today, so hopefully it will turn out to be what im looking for:D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

quick question for those in the know.

with 3pay customers getting free voicemail calls is it likely that contract customers will start getting them free soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

18c for a video call is not bad!!! Its better than contract!!! Rates arnt bad either and the Motorola for Eur 69 is very good, I had that phone before and it was a very good phone for the price.

Do you pay for content ??? Also does anyone know how much its costs to call text or Roam in the UK . The website is not fully loaded yet as I cant find this info on it.

I need to get a SIM only pack I wonder if I can get one

18c for a video call is not bad!!!

Maybe not...but video calling isn't useful to the majority of people as of yet so it's not going to wow the masses. No mention of SIM only packs, but they only came out it in the UK long after pay as you go was launched.

Yes 18c for Video calls is very good even if its only 3 to 3. Its probably €2.75 per min to make a video call to voda though :rolleyes:
    Why do we bill payers have to pay 50c for our video calls and pay for voicemail!

that was my point...

I see you can now order 3pay phones off the website.

Where did that C975 come from?! and its the same price as the E1000 (with a free 64mb transflash card)!
    Rocket science degree not required for that cash parting decision...
    Although they are both old phones....

The website is not properly up and running , I went to buy the Eur 69 Motorola as a birthday pressie for a mate but it doesnt come up when you click on the picture and shop it just brings up contract handsets!!! Also I want to know how much it costs to phone UK and roam in UK I bet its not free like on contract. They should have loaded all this in before launching it!! It reminds me of when they launched 3 last year.

• Advertisement

I just bought an E1000 to play around with - see how it goes.

where did you buy it ???? how much was it ???

From three.ie, €79. Well, I say buy..but I haven't had email confirmation of the transaction yet..

About two hours ago, I'd imagine. I'd say it went through as it spat out a confirmation number. Only wish I had of kept it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The K608i is a bit expensive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The range of phones is still pretty poor and the costs pretty high. Wonder what their policy is in relation to replacement phones on 3pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Fúck

#Elites wrote:
    280 for a Nokia 6280, i payed that for an unloked one:D

Where? hehe

Just got off the phone with a 3pay rep...

TEXTS
    The 3c texts applies to all networks and, according to the 3 representative, this will continue after the August Promotion.
    Looks like 3pay will mainly interest texters.

VIDEO CALLS
    Its 60c to video call vodafone numbers.
    From 18.08.06 its 18c to video call 3 numbers. Until then its 3c.

BROWSER
    Accessing 3's browser is free but the rep stated that there would be charges for downloading certain services though he couldn't state what services they were. I asked as clearly as I could but he dodged the question. Looks like 3pay customers will pay more for present free content or have limited access to free content. He stated, more than once, that contract phones are very different to 3pay phones in that, by paying a monthly contract fee, you are privliged to certain free services which cannot apply to 3pay customers, as they haven't signed a contract....

OTHER NETWORKS incl UK
    Its 35c to call all other networks. This includes calling the UK although I pointed out this is not implied at present on the site.

FLAT RATE
    There is no Peak/Off Peak Pre-Pay plan in place or no plans to implement one at this time.
    There is as yet no €5 top up denomination planned.

35c to other mobiles is too expensive imho.

The introductory rate to call other 3 mobiles for 3c is good value but how many people in your phone book right now are three customers, so you can avail of this offer? My guess is not many.

Bottom line you will pay 35c per minute for most of your calls, as, for the next while at least, the vast majority of numbers in peoples phonebook will be predominantly o2, vodafone or meteor.

PRESENT "Pay as you go" PRICES
    They should have launched at a lower price point seeing as they are a new service Even 30c per minute makes more sense imho.
    Vodafone is 65/30c peak/off peak to other networks.
    o2 is 63/19c peak/off peak to other networks.
    Meteor is 40c/13c peak/off peak to other networks or 20c on the Anytime plan.

No great savings here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

It's very disappointing to see that 3 haven't come out with a competitive price on their PAYG plan. Seems that meteor still lead the way on pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I was having a quick look through this thread again and noticed something. Will I be able to use a 2g phone on the 3 network???

Advertisement