Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

flodis79 wrote:
    Dellas thanks for your input. re email, basically what i was wondering is if you will get a mailbox even if you're not bill pay. you get a mailbox with 3pay rite? is this push email? will the mail client work in the background and push out new emails in real time?

Yeah you get a 3mail with your number but I think you must go into the 3mail icon and check , it doesnt tell you that you have mail from my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

In a press release from 3 they say you get more than 40 minutes of live news from RTE.. How do they count this? Is it per month or what?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

flodis79 wrote:
    In a press release from 3 they say you get more than 40 minutes of live news from RTE.. How do they count this? Is it per month or what?

I'd say it could be per day since they usually have 3 pages worth of 2-3min clips and their updated atleast once during the day,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

flodis79 wrote:
    6) If you were to choose between the cheapest 3g handsets, €69 or €79, which would you choose? Which one is best value for money?
    dont buy the moto v975. i guarantee it'll break. buy one of the lgs for that price but you'd be better off springing for a good phone.
    nick23 wrote:
    Anyone know how to get rid of the start up '3' welcome graphic?
    flash the phone. nokia service centre on dawson street if its a nokia, dunno about the rest
    JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Just wondering do any of the phones on 3pay have the option to turn off 3G network search. ATM ,I don't live in 3G coverage. And which phnes other than the Nokia's are good?
    theres a program for the 6680 that can do it. i can send it to you if you want and if you have that phone. the phones are set to dual mode so they work in a 2g only area. the problem happens when youre just on the edge of a 3g area because it tries to connect and fails. itll only connect to 2g if theres no 3g at all

did anyone see the metro newspaper yesterday? it was hilarious. i might have missed one or two but i think that every ad in the paper was for 3. only one or two pages in the whole paper didnt have one (the classifieds and the funny pages for example). and the funniest thing is that most people still wont have heard of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Dellas wrote:
    I think you can , maybe go into settings and eitherscreensavers or wallpapers or even personalise. I remember doing it last year but cant remember exactly how.

Yeah had a look round. Cant find anything that might suggest getting rid of it

flash the phone. nokia service centre on dawson street if its a nokia, dunno about the rest

Not really arsed going to that much effort. Ill just leave it for the time being

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

:confused: Where did the E1000 go? I was gonna get that when my contract finished! :confused:

http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/3payhandsets.omp

dont buy the moto v975. i guarantee it'll break. buy one of the lgs for that price but you'd be better off springing for a good phone.

Ive never had problems with my V980 or V975 its a good phone. My cousins had his since last August and no probs at all , he has dropped it loads of times and still no probs !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Where did the E1000 go? I was gonna get that when my contract finished!

Probably sold out. They are (from what I understand from 3 Customer Service) supposed to be removed from the website when they sell out. Whether or not it returns is anyones business.

Dellas wrote:
    Ive never had problems with my V980 or V975 its a good phone. My cousins had his since last August and no probs at all , he has dropped it loads of times and still no probs !!!!
    its famed for having a 3 hour battery life. does yours not?

re the free credit spread out over six months. do i have to top up continuously six months or can i top up june august november n 3 times next year and still get ten euros extra free every time?

• Advertisement

I think you have to top up by at least €10 every month to get it

its famed for having a 3 hour battery life. does yours not?

Battery life is one day if I use news clips and other 3G services, otherwise its 2 days. From my expericence all 3G phones eat up battery life including the Nokia 6680 that I have. Actually 3 had to send me a new battery for my 6680 as it went dead!!!

nick23 wrote:
    I think you have to top up by at least €10 every month to get it

Yes you must top up Eur 10 every month to get the free credit

Dellas wrote:
    Battery life is one day if I use news clips and other 3G services, otherwise its 2 days. From my expericence all 3G phones eat up battery life including the Nokia 6680 that I have. Actually 3 had to send me a new battery for my 6680 as it went dead!!!
    yours has a good battery then. my 6680 lasts somewhere between two and three days.
    the battery life i'm talking about can't be attributed to it being 3g. i used to work in a place that sold them and we had loads of people coming in that said it lasted literally three hours. of course i know that doesn't happen to them all but in my experience, and in a survey conducted by someone i can't remember, motorola should be avoided at all costs

for example
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=115&art_id=iol114776777396S315

ignore the bit at the bottom with motorola saying they were using non-original batteries. in my shop there was a burn hole in the mouse mat from a motorola v220

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

ok i topped up by ten euro will it take 30 days for the other 10 to come through??? and they have the motorola E1000 in carphone warehouse for 99e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

yours has a good battery then. my 6680 lasts somewhere between two and three days.
    the battery life i'm talking about can't be attributed to it being 3g. i used to work in a place that sold them and we had loads of people coming in that said it lasted literally three hours. of course i know that doesn't happen to them all but in my experience, and in a survey conducted by someone i can't remember, motorola should be avoided at all costs

for example
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=115&art_id=iol114776777396S315

ignore the bit at the bottom with motorola saying they were using non-original batteries. in my shop there was a burn hole in the mouse mat from a motorola v220

I used to have a V980 on Vodafone 3g. Battery died every 6-9 hours, even on standby and then on New year's Eve last year, the charger blew off the socket and the phone therefore was useless.

I guess its just a matter of luck caus ive had no probs with any Motorola's I have had a C975/V980 and V975 and I was satisfied with them. My Nokia 6680 is the best phone I ever had but I was dissapointed about the battery going like that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

T&#225 wrote: »
    any hint or sign of them ever putting up a webtext facility on the site? O2 and Vodafone have one. dunno, but im sure Meteor do too.

i use to be with O2, then changed over to Three last october. Ever since, i have still been able to send webtext from O2 but they feicin upgraded their site and want everyone to re-register. i can't :(

help?
    lucky you i joined 3 last december from vodafone and as soon as my 3sim card changed to my vodafone number and my old sim went dead (after a day) i was'nt able to log onto my vodafone i miss 300txts a months

ahh well

nick23 wrote:
    I think you have to top up by at least ?10 every month to get it
    will these extra credits expire in 60 days or something? cos the ten euros you get when you port your number will expire in two months. what about the bonus credit? what about credit you buy in the shop? what about minimum top up per year? will 3pay expire after a certain time?

You'd have to ring up 3 and ask but i'd assume that their conditions are similar if not the same as the other networks'

• Advertisement

If anyones got a ThreePay SIM card that they dont need let me know and I will buy it from them for Eur 20 !!!!

What web sites are available in the walled garden? Is there any way to access MSN webmessenger or www.e-messenger.net or similar so you can chat via msn, yahoo, icq etc inside the walled garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

1huge1 wrote:
    lucky you i joined 3 last december from vodafone and as soon as my 3sim card changed to my vodafone number and my old sim went dead (after a day) i was'nt able to log onto my vodafone i miss 300txts a months

ahh well

my friend suggested I tell them, next time im in contact with them, that i'd like this facility on the website. if enough people do it i suppose they might listen. they are very helpful whenever i have been in contact with them.

unfortunatly though, i havent paid my bill in two months so im not the ideal candidate to get in contact with them. but by all means chaps go ahead!!!
    i'll follow suit when im paying my bill....when!

flodis79 wrote:
    What web sites are available in the walled garden? Is there any way to access MSN webmessenger or www.e-messenger.net or similar so you can chat via msn, yahoo, icq etc inside the walled garden?

to tell you the trust outside their main planet 3 stuff its preety useless imo the only any bit decent thing i seen was the yahoo thing and all i got was some of my mail from it becuase the yahoo search engine on it only links you to sites you can't go to (funny really) and considering ive preety much gave up on my yahoo mail in favor of gmail it serve's me no usefull purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

Are 3 opening a shop in Dublin? Go to three.ie -> Company Information -> Career Centre -> Current Jobs -> Go -> and then the last one in the list says "104IR: Store Manager Dublin Centre - Responsibilities Positively drive sales; Contract and Three Pay Connections blah blah blah"...

They must be then, I was up in Belfast and saw the new store they have opened up in the shopping center and I have to say it was very impressive. Lots of phones on display connected so that you can play with them including all the new ones!! plazma flat TV screens with 3 adverts and info on them and lots of products for various phones,car kits, etc....

The store was very classy looking and staff were well trained!! Hopefully they would have the same in any Irish store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Is there a problem with the website. Everytime i go to click "Buy now" on a prepay handset all I get are contract handsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seems to be working fine now.

Dellas wrote:
    They must be then, I was up in Belfast and saw the new store they have opened up in the shopping center and I have to say it was very impressive. Lots of phones on display connected so that you can play with them including all the new ones!! plazma flat TV screens with 3 adverts and info on them and lots of products for various phones,car kits, etc....

The store was very classy looking and staff were well trained!! Hopefully they would have the same in any Irish store.
    any idea when there coming to the republic? and do you think they will be opening on a wide scale straight away or will it just be dublin and slowly move out to cork and limerick
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I was in a 3 shop today on Henry Street in Dublin.

I picked up a magazine which said they have 22 stores and counting
    Athlone
    Carlow
    Clonmel
    Cork X 2
    Dublin X 9
    Ennis
    Galway
    Limerick
    Nenagh
    Portlaoise
    Sligo