Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@The_Hustler
    You proberly mean the 3G stores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

:eek: You're right, I'd never seen it before so I thought it was a three store but I just looked at the catalogue I was quoting and it is 3G :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

:eek: You're right, I'd never seen it before so I thought it was a three store but I just looked at the catalogue I was quoting and it is 3G :rolleyes:

their hardly "Three stores" they generally havn;t a clue in the 3G stores when it comes to the products and services they sell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

Planet 3 -> Go to Services -> The Hive (Something Irish for once!)

I think it'd be ok if they updated it a bit more often than every 2 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

1huge1 wrote:
    any idea when there coming to the republic? and do you think they will be opening on a wide scale straight away or will it just be dublin and slowly move out to cork and limerick
    thanks

Im not sure I dont work in the industry so its trial and error to find out stuff but I would presume that they would open Dublin first then Cork or Limerick it seems the normal way to go . Maybe they will open more but then again they may just open Dublin who knows!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Dellas wrote:
    Im not sure I dont work in the industry so its trial and error to find out stuff but I would presume that they would open Dublin first then Cork or Limerick it seems the normal way to go . Maybe they will open more but then again they may just open Dublin who knows!!!!
    ya i suppose i remember meteor and they were just in the 3 main cities for ages before moving to the smaller cities and towns but i wouldnt mind that because i live close to limerick city
    although i found that the carphone warehouse has done a great job promoting 3
    as for 3G stores well thats a different story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JohnLS

I have a friend working in 3 ireland and they are opening 12 of their own stores starting with Henry st. Most of them will be in Dublin but there will be stores in the southwest as well.

JohnLS wrote:
    and they are opening 12 of their own stores starting with Henry st.
    When?

I'll ask her this evening and post back tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Planet 3 -> Go to Services -> The Hive (Something Irish for once!)

I think it'd be ok if they updated it a bit more often than every 2 weeks...

Have to see its not too bad as mobile content goes, the stupid thing is they promote buying the songs off Three but then they charge twice what Apple charge for a song and you can only listen to the thing on your mobile (am I wrong?) so imho its abit of a ripp-off :(

Other then that though, its a familiar voice/face and its not too bad,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Cabaal wrote:
    Have to see its not too bad as mobile content goes, the stupid thing is they promote buying the songs off Three but then they charge twice what Apple charge for a song and you can only listen to the thing on your mobile (am I wrong?) so imho its abit of a ripp-off :(

Other then that though, its a familiar voice/face and its not too bad,

Not true

You pay €2 and get a download to your phone and get texted a link to go and download it to your pc.

ya but its all copywrited so you can't transfer it to other pc's
    but for some reason i only got charged €1.64 (well thats what my bill said)
    id rather just buy the cd

Jam Man wrote:
    Not true

You pay €2 and get a download to your phone and get texted a link to go and download it to your pc.

iTunes charge 99c per song which is a hell of alot better value, as for the txt message link....I'm doubting that, to test it I downloaded a song and got no txt message with no link or code, very poor imho

1huge1 wrote:
    for some reason i only got charged €1.64 (well thats what my bill said)
    That's excluding VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I bought the Motorola V3X the other day and it's an amazing phone, as is the prices for Three. HWEVER, I'm disapointed because where I live there is currently no coverage for 3. Therefore, all I can do on planet 3 is download Games and Ringtones and nothing else. I'm thinking of returning the phone as I don't really like being on 3 because of no video downloads, but should I stay and hope for the best and that coverage will arrive eventually?

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    but should I stay and hope for the best and that coverage will arrive eventually?

I wouldn't hold out much hope for your 3G coverage arriving anytime soon. Here in the UK there is still only 2/2.5G coverage outside the big towns and they have been operating here for many years.

Cabaal wrote:
    iTunes charge 99c per song which is a hell of alot better value, as for the txt message link....I'm doubting that, to test it I downloaded a song and got no txt message with no link or code, very poor imho
    took me about half a hour to get the code wait a while

as for the guy who's asking about 3G coverage all i can say is wait
    vodafone has had 3G in ireland since 2004 and they only got like 60% coverage (last time i checked) and as for 3 they have like something like 79% maybe higher and have only been here about 11months and they seem to be spreading out fast
    give it time
    your choice though but if 3 dont have 3G coverage were you are i gurantee vodafone wont either

1huge1 wrote:

I did the test over a week ago and still no sign on any code in a txt ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

1huge1 wrote:

as for the guy who's asking about 3G coverage all i can say is wait
    vodafone has had 3G in ireland since 2004 and they only got like 60% coverage (last time i checked) and as for 3 they have like something like 79% maybe higher and have only been here about 11months and they seem to be spreading out fast
    give it time
    your choice though but if 3 dont have 3G coverage were you are i gurantee vodafone wont either

Well, being on Vodafone with 3G for over a year, I've lost all hope of 3G being wher eI live. However, just 10 miles away 3 have coverage so there's still hope.

I'm returning the phone anyway, as today and yesterday it's keep going blank for a few secs and it's fustrating me.

JohnLS wrote:
    I wouldn't hold out much hope for your 3G coverage arriving anytime soon. Here in the UK there is still only 2/2.5G coverage outside the big towns and they have been operating here for many years.

Id say 3 will be there before VF !!! I still have no VF 3G where I live but I have full 3G with 3 and Im out in the countryside cant even get Broadband!!

• Advertisement

lucky you would of thought they would only bring 3G to places with broadband
    id say they should have most towns done by year end

The problem in this country is that they never spend money on the new cables for broadband that need laid to give rural communities access to these important services, instead you have 5 to 8 companies in the same town offering the same thing !!! They should make companies invest in areas that do not have 3G or broadband but thats another story.

3G is as you know just a mast going up and easier to provide than re laying cables around the whole country.

and also 3G can;t be slowed down by eircom like they have in broadband with LLU

JohnLS wrote:
    I have a friend working in 3 ireland and they are opening 12 of their own stores

I repeat: when?

And MSN is available on 3 if you go to http://www.mobile.msn.com from your phone. Still no Java application though.

I repeat: when?

And MSN is available on 3 if you go to http://www.mobile.msn.com from your phone. Still no Java application though.

its nice and all but to run it all week would cost 10e or 30MB, an application would be better imho
    if their going to make it succes then it needs to cost this much - http://www.three.com.au/index.cfm?pid=3177&pageid=3187&sid=3198

also when will they bother to fix gmail, they'd be better off using m.google.conm for e-mail for google

i couldnt find msn messenger at all, all i got was the msn website and when i clicked on something it brought me back to the msn homepage again

quintron wrote:
    35c to other mobiles is too expensive imho.

(Sorry, that quote is from aaaaages ago) If you use Airtalk, you can make that 25c, which isn't too bad.

anyone else feel people are starting to notice 3 a lot more
    more than likely due to the amound of advertising they are doing
    its about time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    anyone else feel people are starting to notice 3 a lot more
    more than likely due to the amound of advertising they are doing
    its about time
    a lot of people still haven't heard of them surprisingly. i'm shocked at that though because for example they booked out the entire metro paper just after they brought out 3pay. there were one or two ads for 3 on every page

Advertisement