Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

i was just flicking throught the 3ireland page and went onto the specs for the LG U890 and noticed that one of the hard keys is used for tv access
    is there any chance this could mean that they are releasing mobile tv here soon? surely it can't be much longer

heres a link
    http://www.3ireland.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetfeatures.omp?subleft=2&header=&cid=1148052497331

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

They proberbly will do it soon but alot of it will piggyback off the UK shows

i was reading some british mobile phone magazine in easons the other day and it showed all the channels each network offered but tbh vodafone had the best channels from what i seen and t mobile and 3's choice were preety poor in comparision
    so i hope they do a better job here

Yeah I agree VF seems to have the best selection in the UK . A survey was done in a magazine in the UK regarding peoples views of mobile companies and VF came top for reliability,cost wise,inovation!!! So I guess they must be doing something right just shame they lost so much money last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Dellas wrote:
    Yeah I agree VF seems to have the best selection in the UK . A survey was done in a magazine in the UK regarding peoples views of mobile companies and VF came top for reliability,cost wise,inovation!!! So I guess they must be doing something right just shame they lost so much money last year.

might help if they actually flogged phones people wanted. no N80? no 6280? for gods sake theyre still trying to make out the N70 is top of the line. if they really want to push mobile tv it'd go better if you sold phones with better screen resolutions.

• Advertisement

Dellas wrote:
    cost wise? thats news to me

1huge1 wrote:
    cost wise? thats news to me

Well I have to say that I do alot of travelling up North/UK , and to EU countries so costwise for me they are the best in Ireland!!!!

So we need a mobile phone company like 3 but with all the roaming and VF passport type services that VF offer!!! Is this too much to ask !!! Maybe I will set up my own network lol......

well can't disagree with you there dellas outside the UK and Ireland its preety bad although i was in spain and couldnt complain about the service though i did miss webtexts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

twice i have been in contact with Three and both times i asked them was there any plans for webtexts on their site.

reply one: i don't know sir. i'm not saying we won't be doing this but i'm not saying we are. it could happen next week, it could happen next year, it might never happen. so basically he hadn't got a clue.

reply two: no were not going to be doing that.
    at least he was honest.

i miss webtexts...thats about it though

whats the story with mobile tv on 3? what stations can you get and is the reception any good. i really dont want to go on 3 but im getting sick to the back teeth of vodafones selection of substandard phones and im severely tempted by the nokia 6280 so is it worth transfering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

3 don't do mobile TV yet

damn, thanks alot man. thought they did what with all the advertising theyre doing on the telly with what looks a hell of a lot like it. guess theyre just trying to pull the wool over our eyes by riding on the publicity vodafones generating with it:rolleyes:

damn, thanks alot man. thought they did what with all the advertising theyre doing on the telly with what looks a hell of a lot like it. guess theyre just trying to pull the wool over our eyes by riding on the publicity vodafones generating with it:rolleyes:
    that would be 3 UK it says it at the end of the add
    it should be in the republic in the coming months though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Those ads are referring to video content on the Irish portal, if I'm thinking of the same ads.

Yeah the UK ads are advertising mobile TV but the Irish ones are just video downloads unless its changed since yesterday!!! I can see how someone could be confused and forget they are watching UK TV ads.

The UK ads show a ballon with the TV show 'Little Britain'' on it and the Irish one shows ''RTE NEWS'' thats how I noticed .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i sent a text message to a vodaphone number and it sent 22 times!!! i rang 3 and they claimed it was a problem with the phone i was sending it to and kept repeating himself!!! so annoying!! cant speak a word of english!! yet the phone i sent it to has always got multiple messages from me and seeing as its my dad i kinda need to be able to text him lol so they claimed that his phone was getting multiple messages from everyone i explained that wasnt the case... and he still kept repeating himself

i sent a text message to a vodaphone number and it sent 22 times!!! i rang 3 and they claimed it was a problem with the phone i was sending it to and kept repeating himself!!!

cant speak a word of english!!

It is a problem with 3 , I never had a problem with any other network doing this , 3 try to blame everyone but themselves. Its one of the many issues outstanding since their launch that they really do need to be addressing NOW!!!

As for the staff not speaking English I have to say its that they dont speak English its just a different accent !!! Alot of Indian people are highly trained and know their stuff. I guess its like me trying to understand a Liverpool accent which I find annoying ..( no offence anyone) lol

i find the scottish people are preety easy to understand and in general they know what there talkung about

the problem with multiple texts, i thought, was fixed a while ago. however only last week i had the same problem but they said it was becasue the recipient was in the uk and they blamed O2...

i always found their staff all to be scottish and ever so helpful. some of the girls even flirtatious at times...which is nice when ur stuck in traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

i always found their staff all to be scottish

The way it seems to be split is Bill Pay calls get routed to Scotland, 3Pay calls to India.

• Advertisement

well that explains it then...

glad i'm on bill pay!

It just depends on luck and how many calls the Scotland call center take before you get routed to India!! I have billpay and its 50/50 .

As for the girls flirting maybe you should video call them they might be dogs :D:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/29/3_yahoo/
    3 is to give its punters unrestricted access to the wibbly wobbly web following a deal with Yahoo!. The 3G phone outfit has signed a global agreement with the internet giant to use its mobile internet services.

The pair will work together to offer 3's punters services such as Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Mobile Web, Yahoo! Messenger and Yahoo! Mail.

The first services will be made available in the UK later this summer. But 3 is also looking to expand the service to other countries, including Italy, Ireland, Austria, Sweden, Denmark and Australia.

The companies will jointly market the services on the Yahoo! and 3 networks.

"The arrangement will use Yahoo!'s expertise in transcoding online content for mobile devices to allow 3 customers to surf the entire world wide web from their handsets for the first time," 3 said in a statement today.

Up until now 3 has restricted access to the web. Last September it introduced its "Mobile Web" service, which provided access to sites that had been vetted by the cellco and "optimised for viewing on compatible video mobiles".

Before that, 3 provided access to a "walled garden" of content. ®

well to be honest one time (the only time :( ) the conversation began to get flirtatous, when i hung up she text me her off her mobile and said to give her a call.

i obviously obliged...we didnt go far as video calling...but pictures were exchanged...

we ceased contact shortly after ;)

T&#225 wrote: »
    well to be honest one time (the only time :( ) the conversation began to get flirtatous, when i hung up she text me her off her mobile and said to give her a call.

i obviously obliged...we didnt go far as video calling...but pictures were exchanged...

i have no comment for this
    can someone help me out

T&#225 wrote: »

Haha you should have got her to give you some free minutes and texts before you called it off!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

1huge1 wrote:
    i have no comment for this
    can someone help me out

erm im guessin, scottish accent was nice but scottish picture wasnt ;)

Cyrus wrote:
    erm im guessin, scottish accent was nice but scottish picture wasnt ;)

Yeah thats what I guessed !!! The Scottish are split into two when it comes to looks!! They are either ugly or lovely !!!

I wonder if their calls are recorded!! She was taking a risk , unless thats part of the FREE content they talk about :D

well when i say WE exchanged photo's and WE ceased contact...i was slightly glossing it up. She sent a photo, i ceased contact. 'nuff said
    Dellas wrote:
    Yeah thats what I guessed !!! The Scottish are split into two when it comes to looks!! They are either ugly or lovely !!!

I wonder if their calls are recorded!! She was taking a risk , unless thats part of the FREE content they talk about :D

yeah surely there is something in the rules that says you can't contact customers outside business calls. i wasnt going to report her or anything but she probably was taking a risk.

• Advertisement

i dont think in the history of boards.ie has a thread gone so offtopic

Advertisement