Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

what? i'm enquiring about their client confidential rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

One of my mates in UK says that Three can record video calls if the police think you are using it for improper use!!! I wonder if this is true.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dellas wrote:
    One of my mates in UK says that Three can record video calls if the police think you are using it for improper use!!! I wonder if this is true.

I'd imagine when it comes to the law this is covered the exact same as wire tapping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

im heading away on thursday anyone know if 3 have roaming???

found it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

http://www.three.ie/ireland/icompany/mediaview.omp?cid=1151423069904

3 Group, the global leader in the 3G arena, and Yahoo!, a leading internet media company, today announced a global agreement in which Yahoo! will provide its portfolio of rich mobile services to 3 worldwide. (3 Ireland, a key mobile operator in the Irish market, is part of the 3 Group).

(I don't think anyone would consider them a "key operator")

Under the terms of the agreement, the two companies will work together to offer key Internet services such as Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Mobile Web, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Mail, and Yahoo! Go for Mobile on 3’s networks around the world. The companies also plan to make additional Yahoo! services available to 3 subscribers in the future.

(Blah blah blah)

The arrangement will use Yahoo!'s expertise in transcoding online content for mobile devices to allow 3 customers to surf the entire world wide web from their handsets for the first time. 3 will also now offer its customers full access to Yahoo!'s powerful indexed search engine for both on and off portal search on mobile phones. The range of Yahoo! services, from search to photos to ringtones and graphics, will be accessible to subscribers either via the Internet browser on the handset or through client applications such as Yahoo! Ready or Yahoo! Go for Mobile on select devices. Country specific services will be made available in line with the phased roll out of the product portfolio.

(at last!)
    im heading away on thursday anyone know if 3 have roaming???
    In about 50 countries, but it's pretty expensive outside UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

its the uk im going to but the prices i found seem to be pay monthly...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

On 3Pay it's 35c/min for voice calls there and I don't think you have to call them to activate it, but I'm not sure.

For the UK the best is to keep a VF pay as you go SIM and use VF Passport or if you just to to recieve calls O2 speakeasy is free to recieve!!! 3 are the most expensive of all to roam anywhere!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

lads bit of a problem help needed
    im in lanzarote at the moment and i sent a txt to a irish vodafone number also in lanzarote
    but the msg i sent that number has being received like 30 times and counting and i know it when this is in ireland it once charges you once but im abroad and so is the other number so i was wondering
    am i getting charged for each one?
    and do they stop sending after a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Not too sure about this when YOU’RE abroad too but when over here I know you are not being charged for this. The helpline told me that it is a problem with the receiving network, in this case Vodafone, and your recipient will have to ring their network to cancel the text.

When I rang about this they knew my recipient was abroad, before I mentioned it, so it must be a continuous problem with vodafone. i dont think it happens to O2 customers.

If you are getting charged for the text just complain and im sure they will reimburse you.

• Advertisement

thanks for the reply
    ya i hope the reinburse me if i get charged for all of them
    i suppose they only way it will stop is when i get back to ireland (which wont be for another 2 weeks )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I had the same problem when texting, from Ireland, an Irish O2 number in the UK a week ago. Text was received every 10 mins for a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

You will only get charged once.

If your network (3) doesn't have an agreement with the one your friend is roaming on then no text receipt will be sent and so the network keeps trying to send the message.

But you will DEFINITELY only be charged once....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JohnLS

1huge1 wrote:
    thanks for the reply
    ya i hope the reinburse me if i get charged for all of them
    i suppose they only way it will stop is when i get back to ireland (which wont be for another 2 weeks )

The text will probally expire before then.

thanks a lot to all the replies especially to the last two posters big relief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

does anyone know the story about upgrades on 3 bill pay? i phoned up ages ago and was told that upgrades in england are generally in the 11th month of a 12 month contract. well that's where i am now and they don't seem to have it yet. i've got my eye on the n70

ya i rang them a few times about that actually but can't remember exactly what they said but i know its like just under a year after you got it
    so its december for me what about everyone else?

1huge1 wrote:
    ya i rang them a few times about that actually but can't remember exactly what they said but i know its like just under a year after you got it
    so its december for me what about everyone else?
    mid august :)

You talking about free upgrades or paid ones??? When I joined 3 I got a V975 but after 3 months I asked if I could pay the difference between the V975 and the Nokia 6680 which was around €90 and they did it for me.

Dellas wrote:
    You talking about free upgrades or paid ones??? When I joined 3 I got a V975 but after 3 months I asked if I could pay the difference between the V975 and the Nokia 6680 which was around €90 and they did it for me.
    i don't mean free upgrades necessarily. with all the networks, after a year or so, depening on your spend, you can get a new phone cheap in exchange for starting a new contract. you probably know this. sometimes the upgrade is free, sometimes its not

and btw, good move on flogging the v975. its a heap of shite

• Advertisement

i was trying to buy a phone of 3ireland just to see how it works and i noticed that they dont have a upgrand option so if your getting a pay momthly phone you have to register and all that crap

I suppose you have to go into the carphone warehouse if you want a upgrade

btw, good move on flogging the v975. its a heap of shite

I think for €69 Euro its a great phone and I never had any bother with it!!!!! Two of my mates have them and they say its a good phone. If your a whizz kid or top toff business man then I guess its not for you but for everyday joe soap I would still recommend it.

1huge1 wrote:
    i was trying to buy a phone of 3ireland just to see how it works and i noticed that they dont have a upgrand option so if your getting a pay momthly phone you have to register and all that crap

I suppose you have to go into the carphone warehouse if you want a upgrade
    i phoned today as well as going into CPW. i've been put on a list of call backs. i should be getting a call about the upgrade in the next few days and its all being done through 3. in CPW, the guy just told me to phone 3

Dellas wrote:
    I think for €69 Euro its a great phone and I never had any bother with it!!!!! Two of my mates have them and they say its a good phone. If your a whizz kid or top toff business man then I guess its not for you but for everyday joe soap I would still recommend it.
    the problem with the v975 was generally a 3 hour battery life. if you don't have that problem then its a decent phone

i phoned today as well as going into CPW. i've been put on a list of call backs. i should be getting a call about the upgrade in the next few days and its all being done through 3. in CPW, the guy just told me to phone 3
    thanks for that
    i know what to do in december now

the problem with the v975 was generally a 3 hour battery life. if you don't have that problem then its a decent phone

I have that problem with my 6680 and N70 have to charge it every night especially when your watching mobile TV any phone eats up batteries. Someone should invent a super battery that lasts 3 x the normal one

dellas how are you watching tv? didnt know 3 were doing it yet...

anyway ive charge my v3x every two nights even if i barely use it and most of the time i have to charge it every night

1huge1 wrote:
    dellas how are you watching tv? didnt know 3 were doing it yet...

anyway ive charge my v3x every two nights even if i barely use it and most of the time i have to charge it every night

My 6680 is on 3 and my N70 is an unlocked O2 UK one but has a VF SIM in it, So im watching the TV on VF . :D:D

just wondering did you try to put the n70 on 3 at all, wondering if its possible

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote:
    just wondering did you try to put the n70 on 3 at all, wondering if its possible

Yes it is possible you just need to change the settings to 3 Ireland ones. Its alot more in depth changing the settings on the N70 than say other 3G phones I have had to do it on. I had to set the realplayer to VF Live too aswell as a few other things. My N70 was all pre programmed with O2 UK software but it still worked once I changed about 5 things.

I believe it is possible to use any 3G SIM in any 3G handset as long as its unlocked and you change the settings.

Advertisement