Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Dellas wrote:
    I have that problem with my 6680 and N70 have to charge it every night especially when your watching mobile TV any phone eats up batteries. Someone should invent a super battery that lasts 3 x the normal one
    that's not exactly the same problem. watching mobile tv will eat the batteries, that's understable. but an average v975 will literally not last 3 hours no matter how little you use it. they might have fix the problem noe though, i haven't worked in the phone shop in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

Shouldn't the websites free trial be over now?

April 10: "For three months from today's launch, all of 3's contract customers are entitled to up to one hour of free web access (or up to 2 megabytes of data) per day."

(I'm not complaining :D)

And the new coverage maps look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya but most of the sites are preety crap so it aint all that great...

weres this coverage map your on about?

3ireland.ie still has the one that they had when they started

1huge1 wrote:
    ya but most of the sites are preety crap so it aint all that great...

weres this coverage map your on about?

3ireland.ie still has the one that they had when they started
    yeah, the only thing i use it for is the occasional wikipedia search to settle arguments.

the coverage map is updated. if you look at the whole country it looks the same but if you zoom in there's a lot more 3g coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

has anybody downloaded the GPS maps? i can't seem to be able to successfully download it ever.

• Advertisement

To Commander Vimes, wow i didnt know it had wikipedia must check that
    ah i see the 3G coverage thing now, it would be easier if they showed the 3G coverage when your showing all of ireland

To Táck: ya i downloaded it but when i went to open it they didnt appear up, i dont think anyone can get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah thats whats happening to me. it downloads ok. all i'm missing is the maps!

i tried it too. didn't work.

@1huge1, its listed under lookup stuff. it mightn't be on yours because not all sites are compatible with all phones

ya wikipedia is on mine just never seen it before, sadly what i want most is gmail and that dosnt seem to be availble on the v3x but according to other people it wont work for them even if they do have it.

and i suppose what do ya expect when you download something for free, i would of been suprised if i got the maps to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what gps maps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I called 3 yesterday to sort out a problem with my bill, and to change tariffs after they had put me on the wrong one... at the end, I asked him about unlocking. The guy (Barry) told me that when they do get the unlocking codes (I had asked him about the 6280) that they can unlock it, but it cancels your contract, meaning you have to pay out the rest of your contract, however; you can't avail of the service. Bullsh!te if you ask me...

I called 3 yesterday to sort out a problem with my bill, and to change tariffs after they had put me on the wrong one... at the end, I asked him about unlocking. The guy (Barry) told me that when they do get the unlocking codes (I had asked him about the 6280) that they can unlock it, but it cancels your contract, meaning you have to pay out the rest of your contract, however; you can't avail of the service. Bullsh!te if you ask me...

i was just about to post up something about that. i just bought an upgrade from 3 so i'm into a new 12 month contract either way. i asked for the unlocking code for my 6680 and they gave me the standard spiel about nokia not giving them the software and they can't do it for the moment, blah, blah, blah. my question is can anyone confirm that they're talking out their arses?

vodafone ireland and 3 uk both have the software so i find it very hard to believe that nokia would give 3 ireland the runaround about it, which is the impression i got from the last guy i asked. surely someone at 3 ireland could ring up their mate at 3uk and ask for the software?

and aren't we legally entitled to the unlocking code once we fulfil certain conditions? (i might be wrong about that)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is it not stated in the terms & conditions that your free to cancel and unlock your phone provided you pay the admin fee and pay for your contract.

I'd imagine you might have more luck if you start looking for a supervisor, team leader, team manager route....failing that time to go to head office.

I'll be looking for my phone to be unlocked when I finish up my contract but that won't be till December, but I certainly will be taking that route of they advise me they can't unlock as they don't have the software.

Cabaal wrote:
    Is it not stated in the terms & conditions that your free to cancel and unlock your phone provided you pay the admin fee and pay for your contract.

I'd imagine you might have more luck if you start looking for a supervisor, team leader, team manager route....failing that time to go to head office.

I'll be looking for my phone to be unlocked when I finish up my contract but that won't be till December, but I certainly will be taking that route of they advise me they can't unlock as they don't have the software.
    i emailed them today saying i find it hard to believe that they don't have the software since 3 uk has it and quoted the part of the terms and conditions that says they'll unlock the phone once the contract is over. hopefully that's all it'll take

i was just about to post up something about that. i just bought an upgrade from 3 so i'm into a new 12 month contract either way. i asked for the unlocking code for my 6680 and they gave me the standard spiel about nokia not giving them the software and they can't do it for the moment, blah, blah, blah. my question is can anyone confirm that they're talking out their arses?

vodafone ireland and 3 uk both have the software so i find it very hard to believe that nokia would give 3 ireland the runaround about it, which is the impression i got from the last guy i asked. surely someone at 3 ireland could ring up their mate at 3uk and ask for the software?

and aren't we legally entitled to the unlocking code once we fulfil certain conditions? (i might be wrong about that)
    well the thing is you are calling the UK they dont need to call their friends all they need to do is turn to the person next to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

This guy Barry said that nokia sent 3ireland the software for unlocking 3uk phones... which won't work over here. It sounds like the same kinda BS I give people at work when there's not a whole lot I've been told about a situation, nor will be told.

That deal about having to cancel your contract to get the phone unlocked is terrible, I was planning on on getting my 6280 unlocked and using my meteor sim in it, because I love texting on it. Then getting a cheap 3g phone that the 3sim will work in and using that for phone calls. That won't work out at all now...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

If you want to unlock a 3 phone then dont join 3!!!! If you have one already and cant use it give it to a child that you know and they can use it as a toy!!!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I have just put Three PAYG simcard into Three Pay monthly phone and... it doesn't work! :eek: I mean, the phone doesn't receive 3G signal, just 2G. Very interesting... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Phoned 333 yesterday and noticed three are offering 30e credit to you and the person you recommend if you recommend someone to them

Not a bad offer imho

hosi wrote:
    I have just put Three PAYG simcard into Three Pay monthly phone and... it doesn't work! :eek: I mean, the phone doesn't receive 3G signal, just 2G. Very interesting... :rolleyes:

Are you sure you just couldnt get a 3G signal because of where you were??? I tried it and it worked fine!!! Unless they have put something on recently to block it but I cant understand why although 3 are so ultra psycho about their sims it wouldnt suprise me.

• Advertisement

Ok my Nokia 6680 battery died after 8 months and they sent me a new one but its some crappy copy and not a authentic Nokia one !!! Is this allowed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I have just put Three PAYG simcard into Three Pay monthly phone and... it doesn't work! I mean, the phone doesn't receive 3G signal, just 2G. Very interesting...

I upgraded over the phone last night, and they're sending me out a 3Pay sim card to use in my old handset, so surely they wouldn't be doing this if the monthly-bill phone was gonna reject it?

TCamen wrote:
    I upgraded over the phone last night, and they're sending me out a 3Pay sim card to use in my old handset, so surely they wouldn't be doing this if the monthly-bill phone was gonna reject it?
    it does work in general. they sent me out a 3pay sim when i upgraded and it worked fine. i think its a problem with his handset

Dellas wrote:
    Ok my Nokia 6680 battery died after 8 months and they sent me a new one but its some crappy copy and not a authentic Nokia one !!! Is this allowed???
    sure if it works it works

is it better than the orignal nokia one?

1huge1 wrote:
    sure if it works it works

is it better than the orignal nokia one?

No should have stated that its life is 50% of the Nokia one and sometimes it looses power and says bars are down to 2 then powers off then when I power on again its back on full bars .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Cabaal wrote:
    Phoned 333 yesterday and noticed three are offering 30e credit to you and the person you recommend if you recommend someone to them

Not a bad offer imho

dialled 333 and no sign of this offer!?!

its in bill pay
    press 1

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I have a 6280 on 3 Ireland bill pay and my friend is on vodafone Ireland bill pay. He is over in England today. I have sent him two texts and both are still pending. Anybody know why this is? I spoke to him a while after sending the first one and he said he hadn't received it.

Also, I am going to California at the weekend and was told by 3 that my phone will work on cingular and t-mobile. Will it really?! I don't intend using it much but it would be nice to be able to send the odd text home.

tell your friend to go onto the t-mobile UK network or the 3 UK network and it should work then

and ya your phone should work in america

• Advertisement

3_Cribbs.jpg

theres a 3 store in the UK
    looks preety cool

any opened here yet?

oh ya another thing im really getting into the wikipedia thing and i was wondering if you'd be allowed to put the picture of the 3 logo from the main 3 wiki to the 3 ireland wiki.

Advertisement