Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Looks the same as the one in Belfast, thats the nearest one to us . They have all the latest phones on display and you can play with them and watch the content etc..... good idea to get to know what phone best suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

nialldinho wrote:
    I have a 6280 on 3 Ireland bill pay and my friend is on vodafone Ireland bill pay. He is over in England today. I have sent him two texts and both are still pending. Anybody know why this is? I spoke to him a while after sending the first one and he said he hadn't received it.
    Three dont send texts to any vodafone network, outside of Ireland. So it is possible that it may have something to do with that, as the 3 network would know he was romaing on vodafone UK's network and may try and send it directly rather than via vodafone Ireland.

It may be worth (or not) contacting three and asking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

anyone else notice that theres a 500 txt option for €25 a month
    thats amazing, that wasnt always there was it
    and theres a 1000 txt option for €45

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Yeah thats what im on. Well worth it cus ur basically only paying for your calls

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

From 19/8 3Pay users get 5c text, picture and video messages to any Irish network, forever.

As long as they join before 31/1/07.

Also the 3c rate for calls will increase to 18c :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

From 19/8 3Pay users get 5c text, picture and video messages to any Irish network, forever.

As long as they join before 31/1/07.

Also the 3c rate for calls will increase to 18c :rolleyes:.

Terms & Conditions apply!
    The Messaging Promotion is available to customers who connect to a 3Pay prepaid service until 31 January 2007, unless the final registration date is brought forward or extended by 3. The promotional rate under the Messaging Promotion shall permanently cease to apply if you cease to be a customer of the eligible 3Pay service for any reason. The Messaging Promotion will not apply in addition to any other offer or promotion which includes text messages, photo messages or video messages.

Fair Use Policy – Your use is subject to a fair use limit and you may become ineligible for the Messaging Promotion if you send more than 1,500 messages in any month. We will inform you by SMS when your messages exceed 1,500 in any month. If you again exceed 1,500 messages in any subsequent month, 3 will inform you by SMS and the promotional rate shall cease to apply.

Its ok but not great compared to Meteors offering and I'd also like to see some kind of deal in relation to call charges, once my contract is up its now between Meteor PrePay and ThreePay imho

The 1500 txt limit per month is reasonable I think, I certainly wouldn't come near to it as most I've sent is 700 in a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

The any network bit is a good idea though.

With everyone keeping their number these days it isn't always obvious what network they are on.

My Dad's on 3 pay as you go. Shame he never texts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

well that sounds verrry nifty, verrry nifty indeed :D:D:D Expect to see good few more 3pay customers in the coming months yeh?

Its a better deal then the VF free calls and texts deal have to say. Id prefer to have something like this on VF. Only being able to send to 087 etc... is a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I've been looking at all the bill pay options and 3 seem to be the best value for my budget. I'm worried about the coverage and the service. Anyone here use 3? Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Coverage is excellent. If you're not on their 3G then you are on Vodafones 2.5G.

ya actually they have the best coverage in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

but they have zero coverage outside ireland. well they say they do, but its all fecked up. they're good as long as you don't go abroad much

but they have zero coverage outside ireland. well they say they do, but its all fecked up. they're good as long as you don't go abroad much

Your 100% correct there I used them abroad and nearly wnet mad. I was in Amsterdam and they had no agreements last August so I couldnt use my phone til I got to Norway!!! Was a pain. When I got the bills in from Norway for just a few calls each lasting on average 3 to 4 mins I nearly died!!! Crazy charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Perhaps we should instill some facts into this discussion. They don't have zero coverage outside of Ireland. I've used them in

UK: Works spot on and any calls are included in your call plan, so roaming is practically free.
    Spain: Works sometimes. Could be a 3G/2G handover issue, not sure.
    France: Works fine.

When it comes to Irish coverage, they have very good 3G coverage but you will find yourself in places where the 3G coverage is poor but the phone will not switch over to Vodafone 2G so you will get patchy call quality. But it's better than the likes of Meteor where parts of rural Ireland have no coverage at all.

Blaster99 wrote:
    Perhaps we should instill some facts into this discussion. They don't have zero coverage outside of Ireland.

Spain: Works sometimes.

France: Works fine.

Spain : Isnt great then if it only works sometimes

France: What network did you get ??? My Dad lives there and I can never get a network in the major towns. Bouyig or SFR are the major ones there.

Dellas wrote:

France: What network did you get ??? My Dad lives there and I can never get a network in the major towns. Bouyig or SFR are the major ones there.
    spain has its problems for me to
    the only network i could connect to was moviestar and i would connect to a 2g network that would dissapear after a few mins and then maybe come back a hour later and even the odd time i got a rare occasion i got a 3G signal which stopped everything from working

the only other country i have used it in was the UK (when i was in northern ireland and england) and it worked preety much perfect there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I had no roaming issues with mine anyway. When in amsterdam, it picked up Orange NL with no problems. It also worked on T-Mobile NL and T-Mobile's 3G network with out fail.

When I was in Hong Kong, it went straight to 3 HK. It also worked on CSL 3G, CSL 2G and 3 2G. The weird thing about that is that CSL has no roaming agreement with 3 Ireland. And when I went to select 3 2G, it always showed up as CSL. Once, rarely it showed up on 3 2G but after a few minutes it went back to 3 HK. I dont have an explanation for those oddities, but my phone worked fine regardless. I was even able to access Planet 3 which is free to use, even when roaming.

My only issue is their rather exhorbant charges and the inability to text foreign networks from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Dellas wrote:

I guess. It didn't overly bother me as I was on holidays and didn't want to get any phone calls.
    Dellas wrote:

My phone picked up Bouygues, and I've never been out of coverage from what I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

http://www.three.co.uk/lifestyle/msn.omp

But oh, no, not on 3 ireland! :mad:

• Advertisement

http://www.three.co.uk/lifestyle/msn.omp

But oh, no, not on 3 ireland! :mad:
    wow that looks cool
    soon here i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

well that sounds verrry nifty, verrry nifty indeed :D:D:D Expect to see good few more 3pay customers in the coming months yeh?

Not if you're an off-peak user - 18 cent to other 3 users and 35 cent to other networks for voice calls is a rip off.

Whats happened to the €59 pay as you go NEC phone have they scrapped it??? Cant see it on the site, the cheapest now is LG for €99!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

just browsing through 3 Ireland website and seems there's lots of jobs advertised for sales assistants in Dublin,Cork,Waterford,Galway etc...must be some 3 shops on the way....good sign I think.

http://www.three.ie/ireland/icareers/currentjobs.omp

..just click "go" to see all the listings..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i phoned three about a month ago requesting an unlock code for my 6680. i've been asking for it for just under a year and when i asked for a manager they told me about this new policy: they can't unlock the 6680,6280,n70 or n80 so they send you out a different phone that they can unlock and take away your old one. they charge €25 for the unlock code. i don't know if asking for a manager is what brought about this new policy.

so i got a motorola v3x delievered to my house and they said to phone up then and they'd send off for the unlock code which could take up to a week to get. i wondered why they couldn't just send off the request for the unlock code at the same time as requesting the phone be sent out, avoiding me having to call and getting it unlocked sooner but i let it go.

then i found out why they made me phone up again. i phoned up and the guy gave me the same story about it possibly taking a week but he said he'd probably phone the next day.

a week passes

i phone again. a woman gives me the same story and sends the request again.

a week passes

i phoned today, the guy put me on hold for a minute while he walked across the room and generated the code. he told me it had just been generated by a piece of software.

three pisses me off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Really thinking of getting away from Vodafone because they are pure robbers.I have a bill contract which is up so Im just wondering how messy the change over to 3 is and how long it takes to get up and running if I did it through the carphonewarehouse or 3G store.Also how long will my phone be out of action for during the transfer as I really need it for work.

Any imput would be welcome,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

aaronm13 wrote:
    Really thinking of getting away from Vodafone because they are pure robbers.I have a bill contract which is up so Im just wondering how messy the change over to 3 is and how long it takes to get up and running if I did it through the carphonewarehouse or 3G store.Also how long will my phone be out of action for during the transfer as I really need it for work.

Did it for my wife, phone arrived next day, rang them and had her 087 ported within a couple of hours.

I ordered directly from their web site

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

aaronm13 wrote:

Not sure about 3pay but with billpay its cheaper to buy on-line via three.ie
    When I got my 6680 I received a form, filled it out and faxed it to them..took about 3hrs and all working fine on my number which used to be with O2
    :)

[EDIT] I ordered my phone and had it the next day when I ordered from three.ie...I believe you must place the order before 12 or 2 in order to get it the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Thanks for your help guys.I think I'll be in town tomorrow after work so I might compare prices to their online ones and take it from there.

Will I be able to get my 6680 unlocked before I leave Vodafone,do I just ring their help line to get this done

• Advertisement

anyway else noticed how extravision are doing all 3 now
    what happened to them doing meteor did that deal end or what
    more advertising heading their way lately

Advertisement