Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can you check your credit on three pay anymore? Whenever I ring 444 it jusks asks me to enter the number of the three pay phone I want to top up

You need to have caller ID enabled to use 444

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

The caller ID was the issue, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

but can't you only use half your mins and txts for free?

e.g 1min of calls=2mins of calls when your in the UK

You can only use half your allowance while in the UK - that is true, but after that, calls are billed the same as back home, 15c to landline/30c to mobile -- so it's not like it's any more expensive, it's just that my allowance doesn't last as long. Obviously texts are more expensive, but it's either text for 30c on 3 IE, or text Irish number on 3 UK for 25p -- but between work email and MSN/Skype, I don't really end up having to spend much outside my line rental, but it's very handy for when Irish people want to ring me, as it's not costing me roaming to accept, like it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

TCamen wrote:
    You can only use half your allowance while in the UK - that is true, but after that, calls are billed the same as back home, 15c to landline/30c to mobile -- so it's not like it's any more expensive, it's just that my allowance doesn't last as long. Obviously texts are more expensive, but it's either text for 30c on 3 IE, or text Irish number on 3 UK for 25p -- but between work email and MSN/Skype, I don't really end up having to spend much outside my line rental, but it's very handy for when Irish people want to ring me, as it's not costing me roaming to accept, like it used to.

Does that include video calls?

Does that include video calls?

I never make video calls so I'm not sure -- looking @ 3 IE's website, it's so confusing, as it says it's 30c/min to any number when roaming in the UK, but I'm pretty sure I'm only charged the usual 15c/min to call Irish landlines..maybe not, but for the amount I ring, 30c/min is still much better than a full roaming charge....

*edit* Video calls (to and from the UK) are not included as part of your monthly minutes allowance.

• Advertisement

Seriously, the 3 IE website is really hard to figure out what charges apply to what when it comes to roaming -- I just know my bills are still quite low even though I'm roaming 24/7 :)

It says "All 3 customers can roam to the the UK at no extra cost"

Then goes on to say that it costs 30c/min to receive a call while roaming in the UK -- surely that's an extra cost?

*edit* I rang home where my bills go to, and they appear to be letting me use all 200 minutes of my allowance, as I used 210 minutes last bill, and they only charged me for the 10 over the allowance. So it seems like NOTHING on the website is accurate, as the only charges I incurred while roaming are for texts and the 10mins outside allowance *shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

best to call 333 much easier than there relativity
    crap website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

So 3 have got a musicstore section on their Irish website now (go to their main page and click on "Music" on the left-hand side). Some observations:

1) It actually looks professional unlike the rest of their site which looks totally amateur.
    2) I downloaded a track last month but it's not shown on my history. I think only music downloaded since the site has come online will show up.
    3) If you click on a link somewhere on the musicstore site about Music Phones it comes up with a page showing the N80 etc... It also shows that the w850i and the w950i will be available next month apparently. http://www.three.ie/ireland/imusic/handsets.omp

I'm quite enjoying 3 since I joined last month. Hopefully this is a sign that they will improve their online services, such as My3, in the near future. (and please please please improve your roaming list. lol)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

2e is still far too much for a track when you consider you can get a track on iTunes for 99c

"duel download" ain't worth the extra 1.01e imho

i just ran 3 and they said if your in the UK it costs 30c per min to call and receive calls?
    i thought that alf your mins could be used calling ireland?
    but now it seems that is only when your calling the UK
    so nothing is the same as home when your in the UK is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

From the 3 web site:

Use 50% of your monthly inclusive voice minutes to call the UK, to make and receive calls within the UK and call RoI from UK - includes the following destinations: Channel Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
    Video calls (to and from the UK) are not included as part of your monthly minutes allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Cabaal wrote:
    2e is still far too much for a track when you consider you can get a track on iTunes for 99c

I agree with you there. They should do what they do in Japan. The song can be converted to 1 or more ringtones. It's disgusting how you can get a song for 2e but a 30second ringtone ("snapshot") is 5e! aghhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I believe €2 is cheaper than Vodafone. I can't remember how much they charge, but it seemed like crazy money.

They should certainly price it at iTunes level if they're going to drive any traffic. I guess they're betting that the immediacy of mobile phones ("I want the track now") justifies the premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

wait for the new apple ipod phone, then you will have full access to itunes for the same prices

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

I'm annoyed that their service is incompatible with iPods. :mad: (Correct me if I'm wrong) The battery life on 3G phones is just too crap to use them as decent music players.

I'm annoyed that their service is incompatible with iPods. :mad: (Correct me if I'm wrong) The battery life on 3G phones is just too crap to use them as decent music players.
    well if ur willing to charge it every night (come on it wont kill ya)
    theres no problem really

ok i just read this on enn and im confused (shocker) can someone explain this to me

Mobile operator Three Ireland has announced that its range of handsets and mobile services will be available at Carphone Warehouse outlets around the country. Robert Finnegan, managing director at Three Ireland, commented that the retail expansion highlights Three's rapid growth in the market. Carphone Warehouse has 48 stores nationwide.

i thought they have had a deal with carphone warehouse from the start?

anyway check it out
    http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9824569.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You can now check what you can get on upgrades for Billpay on the three website, http://store.3ireland.ie/contractupgrade/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

can you check pop3 email accounts with the 3 service? my phone seems to support it but nothing happens

also if you get an N80 with 3 can you still use the wifi to surf any website or does it get restricted to the family of websites that 3 allow?

im preety sure since your using wifi and not 3's service that you can go to what site you want

and i dont think you can check pop3 email accounts (unless yahoo) with 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Their online upgrade prices are a joke.
    I was quoted €279 & €259 over the phone for the N80 a couple of weeks ago on two seperate phone conversations.
    I go to the above upgrade link online... key in password ...and its now €329!! This phone has come down in price since its release yet its apparently going up for me..
    What gives?!. Little things like that really piss me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Cabaal wrote:
    You can now check what you can get on upgrades for Billpay on the three website, http://store.3ireland.ie/contractupgrade/
    Once you are eligible the system is supposed to send you a SMS with this link. There is an initial backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

When I try to access the services page I'm told I'm not on the 3 Network!! The 3 logo is on my screen, the 3G is showing also, I can make and receive calls and texts, yet I'm told I'm not on the network... what's going on? This has only happened this afternoon. Anyone else?

Pikasso wrote:
    When I try to access the services page I'm told I'm not on the 3 Network!! The 3 logo is on my screen, the 3G is showing also, I can make and receive calls and texts, yet I'm told I'm not on the network... what's going on? This has only happened this afternoon. Anyone else?
    well im not in a 3G area at the moment but id say its just a glitch
    these things happen (a little to often with 3)
    if your really curious try 333

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pikasso wrote:
    happened to me today. tried to go on the net and it told me i wasn't on the network. my phone said i was roaming. i was in maynooth at the time. i just turned the phone off and on and it was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

This is happening to me aswell. Im in galway. Weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

happened to me today. tried to go on the net and it told me i wasn't on the network. my phone said i was roaming. i was in maynooth at the time. i just turned the phone off and on and it was fine
    There's your problem Vimes ... you were in Maynooth. You may as well be roaming with Three :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Yes, Planet 3 returned all by itself this evening. Very unusual. Never happened to me before - usually the service is 100% reliable. I wonder if 3 are doing some work to get rid of 'The Wall'! One hopes......

Pikasso wrote:
    Yes, Planet 3 returned all by itself this evening. Very unusual. Never happened to me before - usually the service is 100% reliable. I wonder if 3 are doing some work to get rid of 'The Wall'! One hopes......
    dont get your hopes up (or mine for that matter:D )

• Advertisement

on a side not what does everyone think of the 3 ireland wiki?
    i just added the stuff about their new shops opening and added the 3 logo
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Ireland

Advertisement