Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Got a 3 phone just before xmas, asked them to port over my number on the 24th of December...Its now the 3rd of January and it still has not been done.

Makes me question why I would want to stay with this company...

Anyone got unlock codes for a nokia 6280 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Generally 3's CS seems ok although I phoned for my 6680 unlock code yesterday and was told it could take up to 21 days :-(

Asked the girl about x-series, she said February.

Am I right in saying video calls are not included in bundled minutes on bill pay?

I've never made a video call with 3 but I'm almost sure they are not included.

Most interesting part about x-series will be the pricing. I'm hoping it will force the other operators to low their crazy data charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Am I right in saying video calls are not included in bundled minutes on bill pay?

I've never made a video call with 3 but I'm almost sure they are not included.
    they're included as long as you use less than 50% of the minutes for video. same with uk roaming minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

According to their site (and my bill), video calls are not included in the plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Got a 3 phone just before xmas, asked them to port over my number on the 24th of December...Its now the 3rd of January and it still has not been done.

Makes me question why I would want to stay with this company...

Anyone got unlock codes for a nokia 6280 ;)
    well actually its not up to 3 to port your number
    its the fault of the old network your phone is on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Or there was nobody around over Christmas to process the form at 3.

Blaster99 wrote:
    According to their site (and my bill), video calls are not included in the plans.
    from the terms and conditions:
    Use your monthly inclusive voice minutes to make video calls to any 3 customers within ROI

apparently they've changed it again. they're included to other 3 customers

take a look at that thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055035619 its all vodafone
    the other networks are all getting them done in 24hrs

from the terms and conditions:
    Use your monthly inclusive voice minutes to make video calls to any 3 customers within ROI

apparently they've changed it again. they're included to other 3 customers

and of course why would you want to tell new and existing customers about a change like that???.... typical!!

wasnt that always the case

i always remember having to pay for video calls to vodafone but it being taken out of my minutes to 3 customers

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote:
    wasnt that always the case

i always remember having to pay for video calls to vodafone but it being taken out of my minutes to 3 customers
    nope. they were included to voda as well when they first launched. then on jan 1st last year none were included. then a few months later they were included as long as less than 50% were used for it and now this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I wonder why 3 is always launching new stuff and just don't tell me as a customer about it.

Anybody know, when did "3 Like Home" come into effect?

http://www.three.ie/international/index.html

I know that with 3 UK I always had free incoming calls and use my allowance to call out to Ireland but now I can do this on all 3 Networks (Uk, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Austia, Hong Kong, Australia).

I travel a lot to UK and Sweden so this is great news, but at least they could tell me about it instead of just putting it on the webpage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Wow, I heard that they would be introducing new roaming charges but I wasn't expecting this. I'm off to Hong Kong in March so that'll be great. Now if they'd only add Japan to their roaming partner list I'd be even more happy.

(And why have they not told anyone about this???)

Wow you'd swear they didnt want new customers
    thats great news

makes no sense I know vodafone would have the whole country knowing about it
    I bet it will be on enn in a few days probs

It's complete madness really. They changed their T&C regarding video calls, allowing them to other 3 customers as part of their inclusive minutes and don't tell anyone this. Then they bring out this great initative and again, don't tell anyone. Whoever these guys marketing personnel are should be sacked. I don't think they even issued a press release.

This new initative would make 3 appealing to alot of customers who travel. Imagine being able to travel to Austrailia and ring home with your inclusive minutes.

If only they would open up in Spain!!! :(

^^ ya thats what I was thinking they should buy out amena what a useless network

sick of getting ripped every time im in lanzarote
    i used to be able to use webtexts out there when i was with vodafone but now i have to spend 35c a text...

1huge1 wrote:
    ^^ ya thats what I was thinking they should buy out amena what a useless network

sick of getting ripped every time im in lanzarote
    i used to be able to use webtexts out there when i was with vodafone but now i have to spend 35c a text...

It is for that reason I have a second phone on Meteor PAYG, with AFT and data roaming it costs about 2-3c to text Ireland from Spain :)

Seriously, if they had a Spanish and/or French network, and services like '3 like home' and x-series which you could use on their other networks at no additional cost, I think there would be influx of people to Three. Well, there would be me anyway :D

As great as it would be if they did that there marketing strategy isnt great
    and the irish consumer isnt the brightest spark a lot of the time (no offence to a lot of people but people on this board are a lot better informed than other people)

the only thing 3 advertises is 5c txts and calls on 3pay
    they dont advertise some of the great services e.g 3 like home and x series

but to be honest the only way their gonna get the vast majority of customers is by cheap calls and texts

1huge1 wrote:
    As great as it would be if they did that there marketing strategy isnt great
    and the irish consumer isnt the brightest spark a lot of the time (no offence to a lot of people but people on this board are a lot better informed than other people)

the only thing 3 advertises is 5c txts and calls on 3pay
    they dont advertise some of the great services e.g 3 like home and x series

but to be honest the only way their gonna get the vast majority of customers is by cheap calls and texts

agreed.

now I have no degree in marketing but they should have been advertising the fact that these services were going to be released in Jan 07, at the very least they should have had press releases out. Alot of people get new phones, upgrade, change networks etc etc in Dec in the run up to Christmas. That is the time to hit the market with new services, 3UK did this releasing x-series in the UK in Nov. For sure, there are quite a few people who signed new contracts with other networks in December who, if they had known that these products were in the pipe-line, would have held off and seriously considered 3 once the products were released.

3 are not even telling retailers about forthcoming products. I was in CPW in Cork today and asked them had their been many people asking about x-series from 3. The girl didn't even know what I was taking about. Not the fault of CPW.... she had spoken to the 3 rep who calls to the shop regularly and he hadn't told them anything out it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

1huge1 wrote:
    there marketing strategy isnt great
    Understatement! imho, their launch in july 05 was a disaster cos nobody had a clue what the singing cherry meant :confused:, though I think their brand recognition has improved since they started 3pay, or has it?

• Advertisement

Understatement! imho, their launch in july 05 was a disaster cos nobody had a clue what the singing cherry meant :confused:, though I think their brand recognition has improved since they started 3pay, or has it?
    true. the amount of people i had to remind of the cherry ad. (i worked in a phone shop when they launched). you would think their brand recognition had increased but my 083 number still throws a lot of people

i'm hoping to increase their brand recognition anyway :D

|
    |
    |
    |
    \/

i have nothing to add. i just wanted to make my 3,333rd post about the 3 network :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have nothing to add. i just wanted to make my 3,333rd post about the 3 network :)
    Wibble! :D You've almost passed me out! :O

Vimes have you left 3? I know we have both had bad experiences with them but for me the service has improved vastly in recent months

1huge1 wrote:
    Vimes have you left 3? I know we have both had bad experiences with them but for me the service has improved vastly in recent months
    not yet. i'm waiting for the early termination fee to come down a bit. i don't want to end the contract, i just want the phone unlocked but they say i can't do one without the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

For the most part, 3 are a fantastic network, the only major issue has been their unlocking policy which I am sorry to say is like a piss in the ocean, for the most part, nobody cares. For all their faults, they are still far better then Vodafone, unlike the big boys that, like Microsoft, just wants to do everything in its power to rape those extra few pennies from your pocket, 3 (and Meteor) are actually providing an incentive to use their networks. I recommend O2 solely to business users, for everyone else I push them towards Meteor or 3 because they offer excellent value. What would make me, and any other savey consumers happy is the rapid ingress of MVNOs like the proposed Tesco-Mobile, perhaps Orange and T-Mobile would start MVNO operations here and further add to the competition so sorely needed in this sector of the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

not yet. i'm waiting for the early termination fee to come down a bit. i don't want to end the contract, i just want the phone unlocked but they say i can't do one without the other
    Thats still rediculous, what has unlocking your phone got to do with terminating your contract anyway?

Edit: Ah feck, I see vB doesnt have an AutoMerge feature *resists urge to bash vB* (heres hoping for 3.6.4 eh?) Am, I guess one of you nice mods could merge my two posts for me then?

Sorry to keep dragging this thread up...(apparently i now have 124 posts in it)

anyway got a call from 3 today
    from a UK number but had a indian accent
    anyways he was asking if I was going to renew my contract (which i intend to do)
    in return for this my monthly line rental (€25) will be reduced by 10% to €22.50 which is very good
    also im being offered one of 3 phones for free!!! the nokia 6280 I think some sony one and another one

I told him to call me back on monday between 6 and 7 as i needed time to think
    has anyone else got this call, and which phones were said? becuase i didnt quiet catch them, is there any catch and finally what phone should I get

ya sorry found out the 3 phones

its the
    Nokia 6280
    LG U890
    Sony Ericsson K610i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd ring 3 just to confirm the offer. I'm always suspicious of calls out of the blue. Just ring three, confirm there's a note on your account to say someone called you. Then you'll know the callback on Monday is genuine too, and not just a persistant spoofer.

I'd take the K610i but that's because I've heard bad things about the 6280 and I know nothing about the LG. They aren't highend phones though, so the "free phone" proberly isn't that great an offer.

• Advertisement

called them
    its genuine
    looked at those phones though none of them are great by any standards but seeing as their free, im more happy about the 10% decrease in my bill...
    I intend to buy a new phone soon though (much newer one) will I still be able to buy it at the €25 a month price plan (id assume yes but id like to make sure)

Advertisement