Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I've the i-mode version of the K610i, the K610im, and it's a flawless phone. Also never had a bother switching between 2G and 3G coverage, which is important with 3.

It's the best phone I've owned so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I got those calls at least once every month asking if I plan on upgrading.. and every time I reponded with.. yes, when you get the N73. Now I get the same call today, with the offer of a 10% off on my line rental.. so I wonder.. will they give me that 10% off now that I have already ordered the N73 (and eagerlly look forward to Tuesday to receive it)..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

I got those calls at least once every month asking if I plan on upgrading.. and every time I reponded with.. yes, when you get the N73. Now I get the same call today, with the offer of a 10% off on my line rental.. so I wonder.. will they give me that 10% off now that I have already ordered the N73 (and eagerlly look forward to Tuesday to receive it)..

Hmm, havent received one of the calls myself, I wonder is it worth ringing them and asking about the 10% off ?

Looking at their UK site it would appear that existing N73 owners who signup for X Series can download the additional apps. If anyone from 3 Ireland is reading this can they confirm that this will also be the case when X is launched in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

On a more positive note three have announced that contract customers can roam for "free" ie recieved and made calls (to ireland) will be taken out of inclusive minutes provided you are on a three network. I have to commend them for this... woulda been handy when i was in italy during the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

No network this evening in the Limerick area. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

yup mines been gone since around 4pm im in limerick to but its the whole 3 ireland network thats down not just us
    theres another thread set up just for it

say they'll have it back in a few hours...

Thanks. Yeah, I just discovered that thread after I posted.
    A lot of angry people over there.
    You'd swear nothing ever went wrong in their lives - so, the network is having some problems for a few hours big deal!!!!!
    It's the first time I've had a problem with them in 14 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Network should be fully operational again.

Opti

Wow...just amazed that no-one has posted here in over a month.
    Everyone happy with the service then? No coverage problems? No customer care gripes? No demands to know when X-Series is being launched?
    Are we all happy bunnies? :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pikasso wrote:
    Wow...just amazed that no-one has posted here in over a month.
    Everyone happy with the service then? No coverage problems? No customer care gripes? No demands to know when X-Series is being launched?
    Are we all happy bunnies? :)

myself the same as many other people have now left Three and are getting services elsewhere :)

See my thread regarding the fun I had unlocking my 6680....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Still with them, got the n73 on friday and overall very happy with them even though the lads that worked in the 3 shop didnt have a clue about anything

Id say ive been with the the longest when it comes to members on this board now as al the older ones left 3 a while back
    been with them since november 2005 still pleased

been luckier than a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

1huge1 i think its because we didnt upgrade when they had the unlocking issues. I had problems with them at the beginning but nothing too crazy. The bills are cheap and thats why ive stayed with them. 200 minutes and 200 texts for 43euro, I can ring my brother in england and its included.

Also the fact I can use these minutes anytime is why i went bill in the first place. I was with vodafone rtg and 60cent a minute during the day is outrageous. Also i like to have a good camera on my phone and meteor dont have the latest phones when you want them otherwise id probably go with them for the free texts.

Ive been with 3 since august 05 and havent had a problem since december 05.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    Id say ive been with the the longest when it comes to members on this board now as al the older ones left 3 a while back
    been with them since november 2005 still pleased

been luckier than a few
    august 2005. before they even introduced porting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

plonk wrote:
    1huge1 i think its because we didnt upgrade when they had the unlocking issues. I had problems with them at the beginning but nothing too crazy. The bills are cheap and thats why ive stayed with them. 200 minutes and 200 texts for 43euro, I can ring my brother in england and its included.

Also the fact I can use these minutes anytime is why i went bill in the first place. I was with vodafone rtg and 60cent a minute during the day is outrageous. Also i like to have a good camera on my phone and meteor dont have the latest phones when you want them otherwise id probably go with them for the free texts.

Ive been with 3 since august 05 and havent had a problem since december 05.

I echo your comments about three's services and the price of bills. I also agree about the clueless nature of staff in the three stores but that is morelikely down to the way the company distributes information and in common with most irish networks a testing team that can't seem to organise anything.

They told me the w950 was being dropped from the range in the uk and would not be featuring on xseries! Lo and behold a day latter, three uk confirmed on the xseries blog that the w950 would be coming out......

aww I thought I had you all beat... Vimes? I thought you left them months ago, ya Plonk your right I still havent upgraded although I renewed my contract a little while back and got a 10% discount in my monthly bill, a free phone and a free 3pay sim card which was very handy
    I have no reason to get the phone unlocked to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    aww I thought I had you all beat... Vimes? I thought you left them months ago, ya Plonk your right I still havent upgraded although I renewed my contract a little while back and got a 10% discount in my monthly bill, a free phone and a free 3pay sim card which was very handy
    I have no reason to get the phone unlocked to be honest
    nope. i'm still in contract til july. i'm waiting until the cancellation fee comes down a bit.

on a different note, was the network down for anyone else last night?

Not for me... I noticed actually 3 have a good sale in their games section, some top games going for €2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Trollheart

Good, bad decision? Like some of their phone but heard their coverage wasn't that great. Don't call too much, mostly local texts and calls. Like a decent camera and a phone I can play with :)
    Currently with Meteor and about to run out of contract, so thinking, what, their talk400 (eur 80 odd) against 3's? Any better?
    Will I regret this? Hmm.
    Have the Nokia 6280i, and am really annoyed by how little battery life I get, even without using the phone I have to charge it up at least every second day.
    Well, any thoughts appreciated.
    Thx
    TH

their coverage is the best in the country by a long shot, you heard wrong, well if you don't call to much you can get 500 texts a month for €25
    their bill pay is very good with top range phones (well some of them)
    plus with the recent things 4 hae done (mobile broadband etc) you couldnt be joining at a better time

• Advertisement

just found out something rather annoying

well my tariff no longer exists (video talk and text 200) and I'm very happy with that package but im after finding out that in order to get a new mobile I have to change to one of their new packages but seeing as how my plan charges €25 a month and I get it for €22 becuase they gave me a discount for renewing my contract if I was to change and get the same deal I would have to get a add on and be charged €24.99 a month

anyone know any way around this stupid policy

anyone else notice they finally updated the maps on the three.ie, much much better

only thing was though ny hometown of hospital in co.limerick is down as 3G when its not, maybe it means its coming soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

1huge1 wrote:
    anyone else notice they finally updated the maps on the three.ie, much much better

only thing was though ny hometown of hospital in co.limerick is down as 3G when its not, maybe it means its coming soon...

think it's quiet an ambitous coverage map....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bulmers wrote: »
    think it's quiet an ambitous coverage map....

Its no longer ambitious , IE a BLATANT LIE !!!!

Three have just changed their coverage map to realistically show where it may work indoors and where it may work or "Out and About" in their own words. The lighter blue/purple portion of the coverage map.

If you bought the service and live in the "Out and About" zone thinking that it might work then you now have a case for a refund from three .

They are refunding their 3G Broadband customers as and from this week ...if you contact them and ask for a refund that is.

If they refuse you then ask for their complaints procedure (there is none) to "Log A Formal Complaint" . You must stress you wish to "Log A Formal Complaint" .

Once they refuse to let you log a formal complaint go straight to Comreg and complain that 3 will not let you log a complaint, as they should.

But check the new map first .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

also be aware that those "formal complaints" must be in writing to three and you must give reasonable time for three to respond (10days)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But the CS must tell you exactly where to send these formal written complaints and to whom they should be addressed.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    But the CS must tell you exactly where to send these formal written complaints and to whom they should be addressed.

they give their address in every "welcome pack" which contains your sim card and this pack also contains terms and conditions etc. it is a box number but three have fullfilled their obligation in this regard but they must still respond within 10days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

what a joke, just noticed the last poster here

i have this vivid picture of the 3 po box been full to the brim with letters (complaints i mean) while they carry about their merry business in thier totally private hq doing sfa to solve our daily problems with them.

do o2, voda or meteor have po box addresses for serious corrospondance?

eh to best of my knowledge the other operators all have offices where you can send mail complaints etc but three only have a postal address here on suffolk street which is no better than a po box

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

ba$tards................!

they sent me loads of legal solicitors letters, from various crowds, they seem to have stopped that now, i mean they were not even signed or anything, i think they are a farce.

Advertisement