Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

foggy_lad wrote: »
    they give their address in every "welcome pack" which contains your sim card and this pack also contains terms and conditions etc. it is a box number but three have fullfilled their obligation in this regard but they must still respond within 10days

Shouldn't they have to have this information on their website or give it out over the phone. How many people know where their welcome pack is? You shouldn't need to have your welcome pack to make a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they may be legal looking but unless signed dated and giving their reply address to solicitors office etc they are not worth the paper the are typed on! and those "bully-boy" tactics never went down too well in this part of the country! we eat solicitors here

brim4brim wrote: »
    Shouldn't they have to have this information on their website or give it out over the phone. How many people know where their welcome pack is? You shouldn't need to have your welcome pack to make a complaint.

if you ask for an address to send a written complaint they will give it over the phone as i have already tried that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Apparently my town is down as 3G on map but no were near me has 3G, have to travel 15min to Limerick city to get 3G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just noticed on my 3 phone that they are now charging for 3G content and particularly to watch footballl clips. Appologies if this is old news but one of the reasons I chose 3 when they first came here was that their 3G content was free. OK I don`t really use it as much as I used to do. But I liked knowing that it was there.

But I was never informed that they would be now charging? Surely it is part of my original contract that I got it for free. Can they just start charging 50c for a clip?

• Advertisement

yes they have turned most of their sports and news video content into a tv-like service which works ok but you are charged about 50cent for 24hour access for each "channell"

Well they still have it down as 'much more channels coming soon' still waiting...

I was looking at my add on's and noticed I was down for mobile broadband, which was strange because I never signed up for it, not complaining as I don't seem to be being charged for it, I'm able to go on some websites and not be charged at all

For instance I use the gmail app the whole time and have never been charged for it, anyone else the same

if you are on bill-pay it will say you are a mobile broadband user as this is so you can access the broadband without buyiny add-ons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Just jumped ship, I signed up to the X-Series Gold package, just to see how it worked out, but it didnt work right (surprise surprise). I had no internet access for 3 weeks, and I rang just about every week trying to get the issue sorted.. every time I rang in, I got the same bloody script (do they even read the notes on the account? ). That was the last straw for me, along with the random "SIM Registration Failed" messages which ment I was without signal until I noticed and rebooted the phone. The phone randomly rebooting too didnt help. I decided I had had enough. I was willing to give them the benifit of the doubt for the while that they were new, but painfully slow internet access.. and the almost constant timeouts.. the fact that they blocked all the ports stopping me from using MSN and IRC when using my phone as a modem.. I just got sick of the lot. Cheap calls back to Ireland, and included calls to the UK just are not enough to make up for the other problems and poor customer and technical support.

I switched back to O2.. and what hassle that was. 3 wouldnt cancel my contract because I didnt give them a month's notice, but the girls in the O2 store were just excellent. Made switching back a breeze. Picked out my new phone, signed the forms, and the number was ported in about half an hour. Im happy now, knowing my phone works just about everywhere in the world, 250 webtexts and excellent customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swordsgal27

Hiya All
    Got the above off a friend and wondering a few things
    is 5c text still the case (says nov on website )
    will i EVER be able to top up online
    Interested in the 083-083 free call add on but cant click it ?
    all i really care about is texts pic mess and calls to another 083 any advice apprciated ,also the sim card in it was my friends old one does this cause any probs , do i need to register with them for any of the above , thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Hiya All
    all i really care about is texts pic mess and calls to another 083 any advice apprciated ,also the sim card in it was my friends old one does this cause any probs , do i need to register with them for any of the above , thanks

You can top up online with a 3V credit card. Not the same I know but it works well enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hiya All

5c text is still the case.

they're in talks with aib for online top up but have been for ages. I give them credit card details over the phone

unless something's changed recently, the free 3 calls add on is only for bill pay

you can't change registration details on 3. You'll have to pretend to be your friend when you call. You'll need his address, date of birth and passwords if he gave them when he registered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swordsgal27

Thanks for that , much appreciated

nope nothings changed recently vimes, 3 for free is only available to bill customers on the two lower price plans (the rest have it included already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 culhane

On 3 network Talking to my wife - when I would get another caller coming through- also someones name would come up as an incoming call and it would be a total stranger also ( who told me they had same problem ) - network all mixed up!!! Dropped calls everything u can think of - especially bad over the last week!!

Hope im not charged for calls i didnt make as the whole things a mess.

Anyone else have such problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I think there was a thread about crossed calls on meteor and o2, so it would appear all the networks are having the same issue. For once i would think it prudent on all their parts to all sit down and see what the problem is and get it resolved cause if its happening on all networks then their really is an problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

tallus wrote: »
    You can top up online with a 3V credit card. Not the same I know but it works well enough for me.

What do you mean? Is it possible to topup 3pay online now?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Walkman wrote: »
    I think there was a thread about crossed calls on meteor and o2, so it would appear all the networks are having the same issue. For once i would think it prudent on all their parts to all sit down and see what the problem is and get it resolved cause if its happening on all networks then their really is an problem.

yep, a bit of talk about it in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

flodis79 wrote: »
    What do you mean? Is it possible to topup 3pay online now?

Can this be done? I registered online at My3 and it said there that the option to top up would be available but i can't see the option on the site. Has anyone topped up using My3 online?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

If you're thinking of signing up with 3.... Don't!!

I did a fair bit of research before signing up with them. I was aware that their customer service wasn't top notch but I didn't expect them to be quite so bad. Their coverage is brutal - I've had 100s of dropped calls. My phone is falling apart despite repeated repairs. Their like home feature is a scam - you can't keep the phone locked on a network abroad, it keeps on reverting back to automatic network selection. And as for trying to deal with their customer service. Forget it. I eventually ended up ringing the dublin head office.
    ( http://www.goldenpages.ie/detailsSearch.ds?detailsListingId=IE_30664867_9999_503 ) Still waiting for a call back.

Unfortunately I'm on a contract so not so easy to walk away. Has anyone any advice on getting out of a contract before its up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Declan sorry to hear about your problems.

3 have bad customer care but on the other points i don't quite agree.

It's not their fault that the phone broke down. Could have happened on any network.

If you have an unlocked phone, it's not problem to lock the network so that it will not revert back. I think sim cards from all networks, not only on 3, will switch to the network with strongest signal when in roaming.

The coverage is good in major cities and there should be voice coverage via vodafone in most other areas. Where did you experience dropped calls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

flodis79 wrote: »
    If you have an unlocked phone, it's not problem to lock the network so that it will not revert back
    some 3 firmware disables the option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

In fairness to 3 customer care, the majority of dis-satisfied customers dealing with them result from technical data usage problems. But this is because 3 appeals to people who want data usage whereas typically on the other networks the majority of people just talk and text. Hence their CC is very trying for dealing with technical issues. However for normal billing and other generic issues, they actually are very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Declan1 wrote: »
    I've had 100s of dropped calls. My phone is falling apart despite repeated repairs

Out of curisoty, what phone are you using and how many times have you had it repaired?

It really sounds like you have phone problem or there is a roaming issue in your locality....are you having the problem everywhere?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Their like home feature is a scam - you can't keep the phone locked on a network abroad, it keeps on reverting back to automatic network selection.
    I've not actually been charged for off network calls whilst roaming in the UK, they included them into my minutes as if I'd been connected to 3 at the time. and I know that I wasn't connected to 3 at anypoint as I specifically had a phone that would not pick up the 3g Three signal for a week whilst roaming.

It's a nokia 6120. It's been repaired twice now. Each time its come back having had faults found and been repaired, and each time it's got other problems inside a couple of days. Yes I agree the phone could have broken on any network, but I beleive Vodafone or O2 would have done a far better job dealing with it. 3 have agreed to replace the phone now but the conditions for getting the new phone are unworkable given I don't work in a fixed place. I would have to take time off work to sit at home and wait for a courier to turn up with the new one.

I've had Nokias for the last 8 years with O2 and Vodafone. I could always select "manual network selection" and keep the phone on the most appropriate foreign network while roaming. With 3 the phones (mine and a friends) keep going back to automatic network selection. I've tried putting my sim card in my old unlocked nokia phone but it won't work. 3 sim cards only work with 3 phones according to the carphone warehouse.

With regard to dropped calls it happens nationwide, I drive to Belfast often and it's a waste of time making calls in the car. Happens in my girlfriends apartment in Dublin. Happens everywhere.

Dealing with customer care is like banging your head of a brick wall. I went through their complaint procedure and wrote to their head of customer care. They hadn't even the courtesy to reply in writing. All I got was a call from someone who hadn't read my letter. (fact, she admitted it.)

Stay clear of 3.

3 have agreed to replace the phone now but the conditions for getting the new phone are unworkable given I don't work in a fixed place. I would have to take time off work to sit at home and wait for a courier to turn up with the new one.

I've had Nokias for the last 8 years with O2 and Vodafone. I could always select "manual network selection" and keep the phone on the most appropriate foreign network while roaming. With 3 the phones (mine and a friends) keep going back to automatic network selection. I've tried putting my sim card in my old unlocked nokia phone but it won't work. 3 sim cards only work with 3 phones according to the carphone warehouse.

With regard to dropped calls it happens nationwide, I drive to Belfast often and it's a waste of time making calls in the car. Happens in my girlfriends apartment in Dublin. Happens everywhere.

Dealing with customer care is like banging your head of a brick wall. I went through their complaint procedure and wrote to their head of customer care. They hadn't even the courtesy to reply in writing. All I got was a call from someone who hadn't read my letter. (fact, she admitted it.)

you have a piece of **** phone, 3's network is not that bad. I know people with the same phone on other networks and they've had just as bad problems....

It usually takes 3 days for your phone to be repaired, How long have you be driving yourself mad with this problem...way to long i'm guessing if you've had time to write to them, there was no need for it, follow what the dude on the phone says and you'll get looked after...

The car phone warehouse know jack ****, a 3 sim will work in any 3G phone as long as it's unlocked, it will also work in some random phones like the old nokia 5140i......

Why have you to take time off work?, just get it delivered to work:confused:

When you were roaming on 02 and Vodafone all those years ago I bet you paid through the nose for it...
    seriously man talk to these people, there not all that bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Meteor are going to have data problems from here on in, there not straight forward problems, there are numerous and complex problems you can run into....the quality of care all depends on who your dealing with and that goes for every network and business in the country...

I'm on 3 for the data but i've never had a data problem but I have had a text one...I don't find anything wrong with their techincal support, they honestly try hard to help you....

Like OP i'm upset they don't have a data agrement with Vodafone, but Vodafone don't even have a decent data plan for their own customers....

• Advertisement

I don't work at a fixed place so can't get it delivered to work. I asked them to let someone else sign for it at billing address. No can do. Asked them to send it via registered post. No can do. Asked them to send it to a 3 shop. No can do. Asked them to let me collect it. No can do. Yes its been going on for months now and am fed up trying to sort it out so want to get out of the contract. Any advice on how to get out of the contract?

Advertisement