Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli Mossad agents who were arrested in Ireland in recent weeks

Options
  • 10-03-2005 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this letter in the Irish Indo today but I don't remember seeing anything about it on any news sources at all.

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=53&si=1355518&issue_id=12189
    Sir - I am wholly disgusted that the national media, with the exception of the Evening Herald, refused to publicise a serious affair involving two Israeli Mossad agents who were arrested in Ireland in recent weeks. Even more infuriating is the fact that the Government seems to have let Israel off the hook. Both the Press and Government have completely blanked the issue. And for those who do not know what the fuss is about, it appears that the agents were planning to carry out a targeted assassination of an exiled Palestinian militant on Irish soil.

Now it is well known that the Israeli intelligence service likes to commit murder in any country it likes, but to prey on a peaceful, neutral country like Ireland takes the proverbial biscuit. The Irish people have been criminally ill-informed about this matter. Does Minister McDowell care if an Irish citizen becomes the unwitting victim of a botched Mossad operation? Does he care if spooks from 'the Middle East's only democracy' accidentally shoot one of our children? Clearly not, as a greater furore would have resulted if this whole affair was not so crudely pushed under the carpet by the Government and the media. Knowing Israel's privileged position in the world, publicising this thuggery might be offensive to some, of course.

I would suggest that the authorities demand an explanation from the Israeli ambassador, as well as an apology to the Irish people. It must also be ensured that these Mossad thugs are made accountable for their conspiracy to commit murder on Irish soil. New Zealand had a similar crisis involving Israeli spies, after which Prime Minister Clark promptly and bravely expelled the Israeli ambassador - withstanding childish attempts to label her as an anti-Semite. If the Government cares anything for the safety of its citizens, then I would suggest similar measures be taken against the world's only real racist, terror state.

Does anyone have any further info on this. It would be interesting and disturbing if the Government blacked info out on this and the press complied without hesitation. Then again this could be another tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy wetdream.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it got front page coverage in the herald last week. there was also a story in the same paper last night about the gardai "guaranteeing" the safety of their target.

I don't think the israelis were actually arrested, they were ruffled and fled the country.

their target was one of the palestinian militants who was exiled as part of a deal to lift a seige in bethlehem. he was one of these guys two of which were given refuge in ireland as part of a deal between the EU and Israel.

EDIT: found a link to the story for you

http://aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=7287

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Wow, never heard a word about this anywhere, scary what they can get away with.Time to write a letter to the local TD I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gandalf wrote:
    Saw this letter in the Irish Indo today but I don't remember seeing anything about it on any news sources at all.

Does anyone have any further info on this. It would be interesting and disturbing if the Government blacked info out on this and the press complied without hesitation. Then again this could be another tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy wetdream.

I seem to recall that they were not actually arrested but fled the country before the authorities could act when they realised that they'd been 'rumbled'

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

"The paper added that the Irish authorities haven’t tabled any formal complaint in this regard to Israel."

Oh, it's ok, like with the US and the CIA aeroplanes, the government would probably trust Israel not to break our laws.

The irony of us needing to go to Al-Jazeera for news is not lost.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=7287

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Tinfoil hat stuff

From The Star (which is as bad as the Hearld IMHO)
    SECURITY chiefs yesterday laughed off claims that Israeli intelligence agents had been sent to Ireland to kill a leading Palestinian militant.

Newspaper reports yesterday claimed that the dreaded Mossad had sent two agents to this country to murder Jihad Jaara,

Jaara was one of two Palestinian fighters who were sent to Ireland in 2002 after taking part in the siege at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.

He was regarded as a senior figure within the Al Aqsa Martyr’s Brigade – a terrorist group responsible for dozens of deaths in a series of bloody suicide attacks in Israel.

In Ireland, he was in regular telephone contact with Yasser Arafat and it is now understood that he has assumed over all control of Al Aqsa.

But senior security sources yesterday rubbished reports that Mossad had tried to kill him here.

“There is absolutely no evidence. It’s absolute rubbish,” said a source.

Meanwhile, an Israeli court has heard claims that Jaara orders bomb attacks on Israel from Dublin.

Salem Bawakmeh, a senior member of the Al Aqsa Brigade who is on trial for murder and possession of weapons, told a military court that Jaara is the main figure in the terror group.

According to Bawakmeh’s charge sheet, he contacted Jaara in Dublin and asked him to raise money fro Brigade operations.

Jaara is then alleged to have sent the fund to the Brigade via an agent in Lebanon.

Jaara was one of dozens of Palestinians who holed up in the Bethlehem Church of the Nativity after a fierce onslaught by Israeli troops in May 2002.

They were holed up in the church for 38 days before a deal was negotiated.

As part of the agreement, Ireland agreed to take two Palestinian fighters – Jaara and Rami Kamel.

Altogether, various countries in the EU accepted 13 Palestinian fighters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

That seems to be just a retelling of the Herald story, anyone got confirmation from an independent source? I have my doubts about the quality of journalism that the Evening Herald produces -- anyone else remember REFUGEE RAPIST ON RAMPAGE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Id like to know what 'security sources' the Star is quoting in its peice

AmenToThat wrote:
    Id like to know what 'security sources' the Star is quoting in its peice

probably the same one as the Hearld.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Saw this in the Herald last night, smells a bit too me.

How the **** did the guards foil two agents of 'the best and most professional of spy agencies', or have Mossad just let their standards slide?

• Advertisement

I just phoned the Herald newsroom and spoke to the author of the piece Ian Mallon.
    He is finding it impossible to follow this up as he says info is scant on the ground.
    He says his source is a very senior government source.
    He gave me his mobile on the offchance that any more info is dredged up, he says it was covered in the jerusalem post as well during the week and most Israeli newspapers.
    Am hunting about for more.

dearg_doom wrote:
    How the **** did the guards foil two agents of 'the best and most professional of spy agencies', or have Mossad just let their standards slide?

They probably showed their ID to passport control :eek:
    http://www.seprin.com/menu/images/alperovich-mossad.jpg
    He is finding it impossible to follow this up as he says info is scant on the ground

because there is nothing to find by any chance?

he says it was covered in the jerusalem post as well during the week and most Israeli newspapers.

as they lifted it from the EH

Much laughter down Pembroke Road this week....

Nuttzz wrote:
    because there is nothing to find by any chance?
    as they lifted it from the EH
    Much laughter down Pembroke Road this week....

It is defnitely a possibility that there is nothing to find, do you have a source that denies what happened or are you happy to pour scorn on the concept that Israel would assassinate Palestinian expatriates?
    Syria and Lebanon come to mind.

Did you actually find a link to the JP article or are you again just hypothesising because you dont like the credibility of the source, pray tell, you seem pretty sure of yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I find it interesting that people are so quick to discredit this. After all, take a look at the aljazeera website. From a quick glance at that I think I'd take them as at least as credible as Sky News, especially when they're actually able to locate Duiblin on a map ;)

Blub2k4 wrote:
    It is defnitely a possibility that there is nothing to find, do you have a source that denies what happened

yep, try my earlier post up the thread......
    Blub2k4 wrote:
    Did you actually find a link to the JP article

did you?
    Blub2k4 wrote:
    you dont like the credibility of the source

I've nothing against the JP.

Nuttzz wrote:
    yep, try my earlier post up the thread......

You mean the "other" senior source who denies this and then the "Star" article, it's not even as credible as the Herald so we're back to square one.

Nuttzz wrote:
    did you?

I am working, have not had all the time yet I'd like to spend checking this, I will hopefully get around to it yet, have a proxy to fix first :P

Nuttzz wrote:
    I've nothing against the JP.

I was actually referring to the Herald, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    You mean the "other" senior source who denies this and then the "Star" article, it's not even as credible as the Herald so we're back to square one.

exactly, the star and the hearld say the exact opposite and are both owned fully or in part by IN&M :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Horeb wrote:
    the story is very over zealous to say the least.

I don't see how it is, given that foreign agents were operating on Irish soil in a clandestine manner without so much as notification of the government. What if they were spying on us? Would you give a damn then?

Further to that clandestine infiltration was the added knowledge that they were planning to murder someone on Irish soil, in contravention of our Constitution

I wonder what the Israelis would think of us sending agents over there to murder someone? Or the UK? Or France? Or the US? Or Canada? etc. I doubt they'd be too appreciative.
    And if they did take him out it would be long overdue, as I for a fact know this man has been involved in subversive activity at a distance (direct Suicide attacks) from his home in Drimnagh.

I've highlighted the relevant bit in that quote. To be perfectly blunt, you are talking out of your arse. Anyone who would actually know anything of this nature would not be mouthing off on a public bulletin board on the 1nt0rw3b.

Doubtless you got your facts from something like the Daily Sun newspaper, oh mighty bastion of reporting that such be.
    Again we are habouring terrorists, we have enough problems without importing them

We also have enough problems without foreign interests trying to carry out clandestine operations upto and including the violation of the laws of our country and murdering someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Horeb wrote:
    And if they did take him out it would be long overdue, as I for a fact know this man has been involved in subversive activity at a distance (direct Suicide attacks) from his home in Drimnagh.
    How do you know for a fact? Did you go to the police with that information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Horeb wrote:
    Even if this is true, it still doesn't entitle Mossad to go around killing people in other countries. If the guy is planning attacks in Israel, then he's breaking the terms of his residence here, and Israel can complain about it and get him deported back to Palestine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Horeb wrote:
    No Mossad agents were arrested and the story is very over zealous to say the least.

Again we are habouring terrorists, we have enough problems without importing them

You knowing something for a fact does not a fact make. Provide evidence or report your concerns to the relevant authorities. Consider what it is you're saying here and the implications.

Horeb wrote:
    No Mossad agents were arrested and the story is very over zealous to say the least.

As another poster says, you are talking out your arse, but then if you knew he was directing attacks would you not also know for a fact whether Mossad were there as you would be intricately involved with either the Irish Intelligence service or Israeli Mossad and in either case leaving a traceable IP on a server making such claims with such conviction would make you too stupid to be involved with either security service.

Lemming wrote:
    I don't see how it is, given that foreign agents were operating on Irish soil in a clandestine manner without so much as notification of the government.

I have underlined the were, tbh we dont even know if there were here in the first place.

Horeb: your mad, how could you support a foregin government killing some in our country, he could very well have blood on his hands but that doesnt mean mossad or anyone else can just turn up in this country and kill him, can you imagine if MI5 carried out similar operations here, not to mention if some innocents got caught in a cross fire.

Horeb runs a security company based in an illegal Israeli settlement so it is possible he does indeed know for a fact that the Mossad were here, interesting.

<edit>sorry my bad it is possibly based in Dublin, it has an Irish mobile number as a contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Horeb wrote:
    lemming point to note I am not talking out of my ar5e and those agents working here well I commend them, why becuase it is Israel's right to stop such people directing terrorism against the state of Israel.
    They have no "right" to start applying their version of justice in another country, regardless of whether they think they do or not. Last time I checked murder was a crime here, regardless of who the perpetrator is.
    You still haven't said how you know for a fact this guy is directing terrorism from here, did you inform the authorities?

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Horeb runs a security company based in an illegal Israeli settlement so it is possible he does indeed know for a fact that the Mossad were here, interesting.

insider info is of interest on the soccer forum where harmless transfer rumours are discussed. But accusing someone of terrorism, regardless of what you *know* isn't on. The laws of libel remain.

COuld you please desist Horeb.

Have a look at his homepage guys and put two and two together.

http://www.horeb-security.com/

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Have a look at his homepage guys and put two and two together.

http://www.horeb-security.com/

Topic is closed. Regardless of what Horeb knows he has no means of defending boards in court with this info. So if anyone wishes to continue discussing the implications of the original topic they can do so. One more post re: Horebs info and the thread closes.

Horeb wrote:
    Thats just made me laugh, i needed that to cheer me up

I edited my previous post on checking the site a little more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

dude be a little more careful in what you say about certain business's my company is Irish based with Israeli Contractors. Point to note regarding settlements are you on mars

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement