Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP Goodness

• 10-03-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

A quick look at the new PvP honour and reward system over the WoW Europe site. Linky.

Some of the rewards look quite spendid. Matching sets of armor etc...
    Also it seems that if you have a high enough "honour rank" you wil get access to that (what looks like an instance dungeon) in Orgrimmar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

All in all it looks like a lot of nice new stuff. The only concern I have is that you can actually get spend the time raising your rank enough to get the rewards but then be later unable to use them simply because you cant get in enough game time to keep up your rank. It seems like a punishment for not playing the game enough :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sorry cant go to link in work, how long till the honour system comes out ?

I keep forgeting to look when I get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Carpo wrote:
    The only concern I have is that you can actually get spend the time raising your rank enough to get the rewards but then be later unable to use them simply because you cant get in enough game time to keep up your rank. It seems like a punishment for not playing the game enough :(

I don't see that a problem. If people are dedicated and invest their time, shouldn't they get rewards for that? It wouldn't be fair for the I-play-3-hours-a-week people to get as much of a reward as the people that play constantly.

I posted that link the other day in the lvl60 thread, looks very interesting indeed. Cheaper epic mount, nice weapons/armour. I hope there's some nice stuff thrown in for us Mages too, big spikey mail armor isn't exactly useful for us :)

Static, they haven't announced any dates yet afaik, so it could be a while, it's coming in at the same time with some other major PVP changes like Battlegrounds. They've so far avoided giving any dates from what I can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Aren't the Battleground coming in with the next patch on March 19th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

koneko wrote:
    I don't see that a problem. If people are dedicated and invest their time, shouldn't they get rewards for that? It wouldn't be fair for the I-play-3-hours-a-week people to get as much of a reward as the people that play constantly.

Oh I understand that. As I see it thats more or less the way it is now. Even if both are lvl60 the 3hoursaweek guy is simply not going to have as good gear as the constant player (unless he's very lucky with drops). What I was thinking of is what if, say, 3h/w guy takes a week off work and puts some serious game time in to get himself bumped up a few ranks? Any rewards he gets are basically useless because once his scheduele returns to normal he wont be able to use them anymore. So why should he even bother with the Honor system?

..or maybe I'm just being whiney :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aren't the Battleground coming in with the next patch on March 19th?

Nein!

Full patch notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sweet I just need a little time to lvl up !!
    time for some "cough, cough" Ohh I feeel soooooo sick , cant go to work today boss !! :(

:D

Advertisement