Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reckon you know how much the security guards get...?

• 10-03-2005 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

http://www.tcd.ie/Staff_Office/vacanciesint/rr_vac_nonaca_guard.php

This is coming offline tomorrow, so here's a quick summary:

"A part time, contract position for a library guard is available immediately in the Old Library. Working with a team of 13 library guards.

Saturday 09.00 – 17.30
    Sunday 12.00 – 17.00

€442.65 - €464.67 per week pro rata "

13.5 hours a week, at least €32.78 an hour. Not bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i think the "pro rata" means it's based on a 36.5 hour week. could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Oh. Well that would make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

And to nit-pick further - Library guards aren't the same as College security. They're the people who sit and check your id on the way in, and in the old library they probably have to deal with the tourists too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The libery guards and general guards are different from campus security. Important to make that point. Campus security haveto deal with drunken rich assholes throwing hissy fits outside the buttery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Campus security haveto deal with drunken rich assholes throwing hissy fits outside the buttery.

Care to elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Just someThing I saw the other night. Basically some body threw one of those platic cup things on the group outside the buttery, security asked the guy to pick it up, **** off was the response. Was followed was allot of, "I pay you wadges" type crap. Didn't stick around after the gardi where called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yep I know there's a difference. Sorry for phrasing it wrong.

Advertisement