Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS Midnight Launch in Town

Options
  • 10-03-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

Both Gamestop on Henry St. and Game on Henry St. are opening tonight for the launch of the DS. Freebies, 8ft tall Marios, chance to pick up the Nintendo DS for those of you unable to wait 9 hours.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

unless theyre actually giving ds away for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Wouldnt be able to buy it anyway
    It costs €150 right, €60 for games
    Maybe in a month

wish they were giving it away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

€60??
    can't really cost that much for games??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

60 euro for games? ghasp, you can get it much cheaper online

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its not 60 its 30-40, 60 is the PSP games...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Rew wrote:
    Its not 60 its 30-40, 60 is the PSP games...
    that's what i thought - jeez - heart failure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Games will be the same price as gameboy advance games currently are. Up to €49.99 for big games, others coming in at around €29.99-34.99.

Nearly all launch games fall into that first catagory, by the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

50 euros for a DS game!. I'll be getting a DS tomorrow but think i'll get my games from play.com. Are mario 64 and Warioware in the 50 euro price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They're in the top tier, but I dunno whether they'll sell for the full €50. You're looking at at least €40 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

Weren't first party games like Wario Wario and Mario 64 supposed to be lower than thrid party games on the DS? I doubt they'd go to €50. I hope not anyway.

Dogg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Retr0gamer wrote:
    50 euros for a DS game!. I'll be getting a DS tomorrow but think i'll get my games from play.com. Are mario 64 and Warioware in the 50 euro price bracket.

for wario ware and mario 64 you might be better off getting them from DVD soon, (and mario is just back in stock :) )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think I will. And while I'm waiting I can at least see Shining Force when I'm playing on the bus. I'm going to be so broke for the rest of the month :) It's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GAME in the Square have theirs priced up already. €29.99 for Sprung and Polarium and €44.99 for everything else. Think I'll stick with Lik-Sang.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

you can get the DS in GAME for €70 if you trade in a advance/sp and 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i asked about that offer seeing if i could trade in my gameboy advance (regular)

they said i would be lucky to get 20 euro for it good old game nice and rip-offish :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well they arent gonna give you money for it if they arent gonna be able to sell it are they?

Advertisement