Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Content Management System

Options
  • 10-03-2005 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to install an open source CMS on a site so that others can update news, etc. easily. I've tried out Mambo's demo and it looks very nice. However before I go and spend time installing one I'd like to be sure of something.

I have the site deisgned I want a CMS that will let people edit the text on each page. Does Mambo allow this? The hosting company included a CMS however you cannot use your own design, you must use it to design the site from scratch and then you can edit the individual pages.

Any idaes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Typo3 is very good,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

what about

www.cmsimple.dk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Patrick wrote:
    I have the site deisgned I want a CMS that will let people edit the text on each page. Does Mambo allow this?

Yes, with mambo you can edit user permissions, the default just allows a registered user to view a user menu, but you can change their permissions to be an editor etc.

with regard to the look an feel of the site, mambo works off a template and a CSS stylesheet, which is easy enough to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I'll look into these now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Or better again, try here! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

Maybe I just cant see the option but I've tried:
    Mambo, Typo3 and cmsimple and I cant see any way of add your own html pages which using it's own interface to create them.

I have a site and I want to just install CMS that when I log in will see the site and give me the option to edit it then...

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Advertisement