Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs Payment Scheme......

Options
  • 10-03-2005 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how much a patient paid a month in 2003 and 2004

I know it's €85 a month now but I want to make a claim for 2003 and 2004 but I cannot remember how much I used to pay!

thanks,
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You should contact your health board. http://oasis.gov.ie/ maybe able to help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Would your local chemist not know this ? Maybe they also keep computer records.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

This is probably a question more suited to the Business / Economy / Finance thread but anyway :

Off the top of my head I can't remember the rates from 2004 and 2003. I know it went up from 78 to the current 85 in the budget so that means it was 78 last year but it may have gone up earlier in 2004 also.

If you're going to put in a tax claim you should really have the print outs you get from the chemist every time you get something, as the revenue can ask you for them.
    So you should be able to just look at the print outs you have and tot up your total for each year :rolleyes:

Watch out putting in claims if you don't have the receipts. I put in a medical expenses claim last month for 2004 and within a week of putting in my claim I got a letter back saying my claim was being checked and could I send in the supporting receipts etc. Luckily I had kept all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This is probably a question more suited to the Business / Economy / Finance thread but anyway :
    Good point Santy

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Who are you trying to claim against? Local health board or Revenue?
    In my case, got my prescriptions from one pharmacist. Once bill reached X euro I didn't pay any more.
    But you can also claim income tax relief on up to X euro. So even if you were spending 70 euro per month, with no health board capping you can claim tax relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

€72 in 2003

Advertisement