Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNG Satelites Merion €200 Game

Options
  • 10-03-2005 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Helloo! Does anybody know when these start and what's the buy in?

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

IIRC, they start about 6:30 and the buy in is €25. From my one and only time in the Merrion (last month), the SnG Satelites are fast affairs and fairly loose, I played three in the space of an hour and won a ticket on the last one. Some lads played at least 5 times AND bought the full ticket (200+20) in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

thanks Ionapaul!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Anyone play last night? How many played and any reports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

ionapaul wrote:
    Anyone play last night? How many played and any reports?

Yeah, I played it. I really like this tournament. They got about 55 runners.

I went out in 11th place, the crucial hand being when my AQ failed to improve against pocket 8s

Mark Williams (snooker player) was still there on an average stack when I left as was one of his mates. Andy Black and Christy Smith were chip leaders. Saw Andy get very lucky in one hand (3 tables to go) when he went all-in with 83 o/s and was called by Liam Flood who had AQ - of course Andy flopped an 8 to knock Liam out of the tournament.

I don't know the result but I'd say it was a very interesting final table,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I heard it was a fairly poor turnout all right. El Riflé got dogged with about 4 tables to go when he was second chip leader (18k), moved in over the top of a big raise from the chip leader (22k) with AA, chip leader had QQ and hit a Q on the flop to send him packing. Are there super satelittes starting anytime soon in there for the PPP Open Mark?

• Advertisement

Juan Pablo wrote:
    I heard it was a fairly poor turnout all right. El Riflé got dogged with about 4 tables to go when he was second chip leader (18k), moved in over the top of a big raise from the chip leader (22k) with AA, chip leader had QQ and hit a Q on the flop to send him packing. Are there super satelittes starting anytime soon in there for the PPP Open Mark?

Hey JP, I haven't heard anything about satellites yet - I know there are a lot of them on the weekend of the festival but I'll find out if there are any more in the club. They generally get about 50-60 players for that tournament every month so I don't think the turnout was too poor, especially with the PokerEvents tourney happening in the Red Cow.

Fair enough, I think my mate was comparing the end of month 270's numbers with it, but as you say with the RC on it might have kept the numbers down. I'd expect it to see it grow, I've only heard people say good things about the tourney. Now if I can just get Thursdays free........

Keep us informed anyway if you hear Satellites for the Omaha or the main event, the 100+R on PPP on Sunday looks good so I'll play that. Congrats again on the two ticket wins btw.

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Fair enough, I think my mate was comparing the end of month 270's numbers with it, but as you say with the RC on it might have kept the numbers down. I'd expect it to see it grow, I've only heard people say good things about the tourney. Now if I can just get Thursdays free........

Keep us informed anyway if you hear Satellites for the Omaha or the main event, the 100+R on PPP on Sunday looks good so I'll play that. Congrats again on the two ticket wins btw.

TY, It seems to be the only tournament that is growing in there at the moment. The other tournaments are getting hammered by the Fitz which is fair enough as it does have better competing tournaments most other nights of the week.
    There was a bit of talk in there about making the 200 a weekly or bi-weekly event which I think would be a great idea. A lot of the really good players in Dublin will only play in this type of buy-in so you will only see them in this game or the Fitz 270.

I think it is good to have a choice - personally I play the Fitz 100 on Mondays and the Merrion 50/50 on Wednesdays as I find that they are the best tournaments for my style of play (and budget) and I like to drink instead of play cards on a Friday.

There is a 50/50 on Wednesdays? Interesting. I'd say they would have no problem whatsoever getting the numbers for a 200 on a fortnightly or even weekly basis, perhaps the first three thursdays of the month? Anyway, cheers for the update.

Advertisement