Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watta ya think Plasma+DVD

Options
  • 10-03-2005 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just about to do a deal on a Plasma and dvd player, would be very interested to hear any opinions or alternatives (its all got very complicated)

Hitachi PD4200 and Pioneer DV668, I will be hooking up the usual SKY+ the pioneer dvd player and PS2 including Installation and excluding the PS2 its costing 4400euro. I plan on adding decent seperates and speakers at a later date.
    What do you think is this a good set up at a decent price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

good step to showing the size of your Manhood, LOL

welcome to boards btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

im sure you can get a better plasma than the hitachi for that sort of money maybe a panasonic or a pioneer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

there are only 2 plasma choices at hte moment b4 u get into lunatic money. the LG 42 PX11 which is 2200 euro and the pana PW6 from richersounds.ie @1900 euro. unfortunately the latter needs 500 euros worth of bits just to get going. the LG has everything -speakers (although ul mount ur own 5.1 system anyway), stand, tv +teletext tuner, all the connectivity options like scart, rgb, s video.
    get one with a firmware .13 or .14 or after, this is the best value at the moment i reakon.
    see avforums.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭fcukme

The panasonic pw6 is very good screen if you can get your hands on a scart or component board (€200 each) because they are actually a monitor with a vga connection.

Did you check out richersounds.co.uk, they'll get all the stuff on there for you in the Belfast store. I see the panny PW7 37'' screen for approx €1,500 when converted from stg(£999), also an excellent screen. Avoid the cheaper ones in currys, dixons etc.

Just a word of warning in general, all these displays in this thread are standard definition panels not high definition (lower resolution). When hdtv becomes available over here (sky say 2006 for UK) this panels will show no improvment.

Also if you are concerned about using sky/hdtv, sky have said it will only be available over hdmi or dvi which is hdmi compatable and NOT component. There is a lot of nasty advertising going on out there saying panels are hd compatable (looking at you sony) but people take that as hdtv compatable.

Advertisement