Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making a name for it

• 10-03-2005 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I reckon we should put up a few signs around the college advertising this place, something like

www.boards.ie

the i.t. carlow forum

Where all the cool kids go

....?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Posters didn't work all that well for netsoc, so what makes you think will work for boards.ie ?
    Considering I was offering nearly everything for people that joined, and gave free stuff etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

cause We are so much cooler than you sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

ya never know, there might already be boards members that never knew there was a carlow it section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

could u not ask them to put a link on the student intranet for boards and netsoc?

hehe i remember seein a link on the intranet for their own carlow web forum. i think its still there and has been sayin "Work in progress" the last 2 years. it was funny coz they put it up after kate went for an interview with them and they asked her for ideas and some of the ideas she said were implemented (like the web forum :rolleyes:) but she didnt get the job! tsk tsk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

nah, they wouldnd advertise because the computers are supposed to be for acedemic uses only

• Advertisement

well reading bout all that crap on the intranet about kiddies science week and blokes gettin music awards and some auld fella retiring isnt very academic, is it!

though i do think it would be good for more students or even lecturers to be informed of this carlow board so we could get something like the original idea here.

lecturers do read here.
    Hence problems in the past with users writing inflamitory comments about lecturers.

haha didnt know that. i thought it was just the techies that read this!
    well why dont the lecturers start a Q&A thread that we can ask them stuff we wouldnt ask to their face?

Because they have better things to do? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

SeanOS wrote:
    Because they have better things to do? :)
    Really?

• Advertisement

Well, correct exams and talk to families, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

One would assume that lecturing takes up a reasonable amount of their time too.

Advertisement