Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEN Genesis 46 ... anyone?

Options
  • 10-03-2005 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Ok, for the last year or more i've been really interested in getting a proper Nitro RC monster truck, bought some mags and did lots of google searches, even been into the local model shop asking a few questions, however i'm still not 100% sure what to go for (about 90% ;))

Granted at this moment in time i'm pretty much skint it will require alot of saving anyways, but initally i thought of going for something like the schumacher power raptor 27 or maybe a Traxxas revo, but when i found some reviews of the CEN Genesis 46 it made the others seem like kids stuff :o

http://mivasecure.abac.com/toyhaus/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CEN-GENESIS is just one of the many reviews and places to buy the truck, mind you that place is in the states and shipping, customs, VAT etc. would probably be very nasty indeed.

Local hobby shop told me between €800-850 but that was last october when i was in there. UK sites are all about £550 which is roughly €800 plus a few quid then for shipping, the US prices are all around the $550 which is about €410. Anyone know what sort of shipping/customs/VAT you might be looking at to import a beast like this?

If there was a considerable saving getting it from the US then that's what i'd do, but if there was only a few €€ in the difference i would pick it up locally to have the support close by.

Anybody have one of these? What do people think of these?

From an RC noob, Cheers :)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

hey mate there nice but why not buy a revo or a savage ??

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

Now that i've seen the CEN Genesis i like what i've seen, standard revo's and savages just don't do it for me i'm afraid, the Genesis looks like an all round sturdier and longer lasting machine....but i could be wrong :o

I'm kinda thinking of getting something like the CEN Genesis and not having to get any upgrades/hopups for it, cause most people that have traxxas machines and savages tend to get alot of upgraded parts and hopups to strengthen it and speed it up a bit more, the Genesis, from what i've seen and read does'nt need all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Devion

Looks nice,
    Id consider that a 1:8 truck tho so there cant be any comparsion to the 1:10.

If your looking for a fun/fast/durable truck take a look at the 2.5tmaxx from traxxas.

Devion, yes the genesis is a 1/8 scale truck, but so too is the Savage 25, Savage SS and the Raptor 27, just the Traxxas trucks that are the smaller 1/10 scale. I think it would be easier working on a 1/8 scale model.

So nobody has a genesis or seen/used briefly one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Devion

Yah it looks alot better than a savage, althought i still want a savage haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

yes i argee with u wen u said tat the genesis makes the savage and revo look like kids stuff if i were u id get the genesis i myself have a CEN st2 and if iam 2 get a new model iam half thinking of it being that one!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Looks cool :cool:

well my fingers are well and truely crossed, should be getting an insurance quote for my bike in a couple of weeks, if it goes down a bit this year then i'll have a bit of cash spare and it will go towards the Genesis.

Anyone imported stuff like this from the states? If so from which sites and what was customs like, i know vat will have to be paid and shipping obviously it's just customs that's the unknown factor there and if i thought it would'nt be so bad then i'd order from the US and save a few hundred €€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Try this link to ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19168&item=5967772987&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    The price is good.
    Also found this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19168&item=5968305952&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    The second has some great pictures.
    I have found that things can take a long time to arrive from the US but they always have got here eventualy.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

this definetly looks sweet. dont be put off by shipping, got a buggy and shipping waz €60, still works out cheaper. www.raidentech.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dmonty69

I bought the genesis 46 two weeks ago and it is an impressive truck. I got blisters on my fingers breaking the engine in, the pull starter is very stiff at first. However after six tanks of fuel and a bit of fiddling with the fuel mixture I finally got it out for a thrashing, and by god it is a monster. It took all the abuse you could possibly give it, it accelerates very quick and will jump everything you put in it's way. I know it is expensive but I really feel I have bought something that is solid and will last forever.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

The T-Maxx is the best selling nitro truck ever. Need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

T-Maxx looks cool, that push button start and reverse gear sound cool. I have a cen fun factors ATX and the engine kept seizing despite the fact I was using the correct fuel to run it in. Eventually I ended up using 16/1 mixture and it ran fine every time. Reverse would have been nice too , and it doen't always go in to second gear, but the engine is quite powerful it's fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Eye wrote:
    well my fingers are well and truely crossed, should be getting an insurance quote for my bike in a couple of weeks, if it goes down a bit this year then i'll have a bit of cash spare and it will go towards the Genesis.

Anyone imported stuff like this from the states? If so from which sites and what was customs like, i know vat will have to be paid and shipping obviously it's just customs that's the unknown factor there and if i thought it would'nt be so bad then i'd order from the US and save a few hundred €€
    Shipping from the US will cost about 150 dollars, I enquired myself out of interest. Did you get one yet eye ? It looks excellent would love to get one myself ... but they are a tad expensive. 749 euro in boyz toys in Santry in Dublin.
    I'm sorely tempted to drive out there and buy one ....
    *edit*
    How fast does it go as a matter of interest ?

Advertisement