Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone freerolling in the fitz tonight?

Options
  • 10-03-2005 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I'm going to make my first visit... I'll be the guy who needs a haircut.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

I'll be there, it's a good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I'll be there. I'm the guy with the white shirt and dickie bow running around giving out rebuys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

hopefully I wont have to be talking to you too much during the evening so :)

i just rang up there to find out about that 10euro free bet, if i needed to print the voucher from the website.... some dude answered and said there was no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i'm thinkin of heading in myself some evening...i'm an inexperienced player,
    what days would you recommend playing in the fitz/merrion?...50-80 quid would be my limit!
    what are the prizes for tonight?

• Advertisement

tonight is the freeroll tournament, its free to enter then buy-ins and top-ups are 10euro.

the prise is a ticket to the end of month tournament which costs 250e to enter.

All of the above is based on what ive read here, lve never actually been in there. like youself im an inexpereinced player.

my limit will be 20 or 30 euro.

Made it to the last table and got myself a ticket.

I folded for most of the last table, picking up bad cards. Eventually I got AdKd so decided i'd call the big blind. Flop was no use to me, so i folded to an all-in.

we were down to 6players then, 5 would get a ticket and 1 would get 50euro.

That was it then kept getting bad cards and kept folding I think everyone was expecting an all-in from me as i was getting very low in chips.
    i would just had enough for the big blind when it got to me and BB was 2 hands away from me. The SB goes all-in and the BB calls him and takes the pot therefore leaving me in the top5.

I don't think SB should have gone all-in at this stage, well personally i wouldnt have. He had KQ offsuit. but i suppose if he didnt and i managed to double or triple up next hand he would be in a bad position by the time the blinds got back around to him.

Either way i was well happy to make the top5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Well done. First night in and you nab a ticket. Great going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ha, so you were the short stack rock? I was in seat 9 for the final table, had the 3rd biggest stack - we played together on table 6 for the first 90 minutes, you rivered a house to beat my top straight on the last hand of level three, you lucky devil, to knock me out and left me to make the usually foolish decision to start after the break with only the top-up of 1500, with the blinds 100/200.

I was down to 600 chips a while later, after having gone all-in 5 times in a row on alright cards (pocket pairs and A9, that sort of thing) to make a move or go home, lost all main pots but survived by picking up small side pots. Got up, put on my jacket, got 34s, went all in, called by JJ and AKo and tripled up when two more 4s appeared. Within 20 minutes I had a stack of over 20k. Hand of the night for me was when two middle stacks went all in while I was BB (with 13 players left) - I had AJo and decided I would survive even if I didn't catch my ace or jack, turned out I was against K8s and JJ and sure enough I rivered an ace and knew I would get a ticket with my stack. Fun night.

You were blessed to get that ticket with your final table stack, podgeen! Well done!

I was going to ask you at one stage were you on boards.ie because i heard you talking about online poker sites etc :)

On the final table I checked AK and so did you. Yer man 2 to my right, bet big and i folded. I think you called him and eventually folded but you showed your cards and you had AK as well :)

I was unsure about checking AK, but if i was to bet I'd have to all-in and I figured i could hold out until the tickets, or if i made something on the flop then all-in.

It was a good night, felt great driving home, good buzz.

I think my favorite hand of the night was at the very beginning when everyone kept checking and I got a card on the river to put me on a straight draw and then made the straight on the turn. Everyone continues to check, I had position so i push all-in. Everyone laughs thinking I'm buying the pot but the guy who was to your left called me and i double up.

sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

well done podgeen...
    do you have to use that ticket or can you sell it?
    how many players played altogether?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

well done....you did great for your first time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭OhPinchy

good man podgeen - with a success story like that another newbie like myself might just have to show the face in there some night soon! Which is better - the Fitz or Merrion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

OhPinchy wrote:
    Which is better - the Fitz or Merrion?

Don't even go there !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

OhPinchy wrote:
    Which is better - the Fitz or Merrion?
    I think it just comes down to personal preference. I would say that the Fitz is probably more popular amongst most of the people on this board.

I would certainly say (from personal experience) that the Fitz is a touch more newbie friendly. It's up to yourself though, give them both a go. It's not like you have to pick one. :)

I've never been to the merrion but i enjoyed the fitz. Everyone was friendly and helpful and there was a bit of chat at the tables. Its all very well run as well, no arsing about. The blinds etc are on the big screen and the time remaining so you know whats happening all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Everyone is very friendly USUALLY - last night a couple of arguments broke out on table 8 and 5 at different times. Nothing serious of course, though the fellow I sat beside on table 6 claimed that he left his topup chips on his stack during the break and they were gone afterwards. He got them replaced and nothing more was said about it, no-one was caught, if there was anyone to catch that is (he could have left them on the wrong table or in a jacket pocket).

Podgeen, are you going to play the ticket? I am looking forward to it. BTW the €50 'scalps' tournie tonight is great fun, now that you've lost your virginity!

yeah I plan to play the ticket. I learnt quite a bit playing there last night, I didnt win too many hands but the few I won were big. Probably won't make the freeroll next week it being paddies day and all that.

How many entrants are they're for the end of month game? Can people buy-in to it as well? Whats the prize fund?

I've got non-poker plans for tonight so won't make that game. Some other friday hopefully.

I was on table6, then table2, then table1. No arguments and everyone was very friendly. There always seemed to be someone who was "a regular" i suppose, who delt and kinda controlled the game etc.. I don't know the guys name but he was doing a good job on table 6 and did it on table2 for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh that was me who ended up dealing for everyone. was pretty happy with myself after winning a ticket two weeks in a row. think im gonna sell one of the tickets to oscar for 200 euros and 10% of his winnings.will definitely be playing in the end of the month game so ill see you there. fair play to you for winning a ticket

Advertisement