Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millennium Clock..........

Options
  • 10-03-2005 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

It seemed like a good idea at the time but it just wasn't visible throught the murky waters of the Liffey.

Can anyone think of anything else 'that seemed a good idea at the time'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Ballymun (kidding)
    Cherry Coke

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The 'Millennium Clock' thread, i bet that sounded great at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

Oh Yeah Cherry Coke! Apparently you can get it in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

delly wrote:
    The 'Millennium Clock' thread, i bet that sounded great at the time.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Bookstalls on Grattan Bridge?

OK, imo they ARE a good idea but it seems not too appealing to potential sellers?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

dr pepper tastes nearly the same as cherry coke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

also, u can get cherry coke here. boots sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

What happened to that clock anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I think they just hauled it out of the river and put it somewhere for safe keeping - prob where they put the floozy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

yeah some genius forgot to make it waterproof so it had to be removed coz all the green algae shoite was gettin in it and it got fuxored up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Guinness Light

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Guinness Light
    Lies!

Guinness Light NEVER sounded like a good idea!

(Neither did Breo by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Tubridy Tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

where they put the floozy!

Where did they put the floozy??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

MadsL wrote:

I think some mad scientist brought her to life and she became Samantha Mumba. Westlife used to be shop dummies. They're much less lifelike now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I have a millennium clock postcard with 31,100,717 seconds left on it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

purdee wrote:
    dr pepper tastes nearly the same as cherry coke. :D
    As in they both taste like p1ss?

I'd forgotten the Millennium clock existed... I have a postcard SOMEWHERE with the seconds on it. It was a bit of a flop though, wasn't it? It never even made it to the Millennium

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MadsL wrote:
    They were going to put it next to Pearse Street Garda station, but they put the Styne Stone there instead

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

MadsL wrote:

She's down near Hueston Station now I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I could go on and on, but here's some of my favourites:

Breo... the white beer from Guinness

Micky Harte / Chris Doran (who were both supposed to do really well in Eurovision)

So many RTE programmes of recent times... Proof, The Big Bow Wow, The Dinner Party... etc.. etc..

The Dunphy Show on Tv3

The Dublin Daily newspaper (finished after 90 issues in 2003)

And the big one.....

Royston Brady going for Europe!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

What ever hapened to Breo? I never even got to taste it. Was it like the real white beers for Belgium and Germany or just a crap imitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

whiskeyman wrote:
    And the big one.....

Royston Brady going for Europe!!!!

Didn't he do something bold like saying one of his relatives was kidnapped or sumting?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

cheery coke = p155

royston brady, lol

i have one of those cardy thingys with the reading of "the time in the slime" on it.

i miss the floozy so i does. i think they're gonna put her back on o connell street when its FINALLY finished and that its just in storage for the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

the fooking boardwalk ....

you cant hang out on it cos its full of knick-knacks,
    you cant have a beer on it because the guards need to harass someone so they dont have to approach the knick-knacks.

waste of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The new Croke Park.

It was a breathtaking concept when it was blueprinted around 15 or so years ago. But due to it's 10 year construction period it already looks out of date and will only manage to look even more archaic as more and more of the new breed ofindoor 'superstadia' are unveiled over the coming years eg New Wembley in May 2006..

........ And don't get me started on the fact that leaving the hill as a terrace does (and always will) make it look like a hackneyed project that ran out of cash 3/4s of the way thru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 qotsaman

remember a while ago they had those lights all over o connell street whch looked deadly! think you could make your own design online on make them move n stuff-know it cost a packet but made the bus stop wait little less boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

On that note... the new O'Connell St. redesign!

How **** does it look? whoever thought pale grey as a dominant city colour was attractive obviously hasn't looked at any of our dire architechture!

Also most of the trees were dumped and the line between most of the road and footpath is pretty indistinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

exiting from a dublin bus via the middle door, they spent thousands pushing it in media, it never took off, after they abandoned it, they continued up until recent times to buy busses with redundant doors in the middle, and now they just order new busses without the middle door, i guess they would say they don't do things by half.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It seemed like a good idea at the time but it just wasn't visible throught the murky waters of the Liffey.

Can anyone think of anything else 'that seemed a good idea at the time'?

This thread . . . for a ms.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement