Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish cars on Barryboys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Those cars - and the owners - are just sad !!
    What a waste of time and money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The 206 looks like the 5 year old orange 1.1 for sale here a few weeks ago for €16.5k :eek: :rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha Lambo doors on a 206 a few pics down - sad...

Mike, get that subforum organised pronto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

unkel wrote:

Mike, get that subforum organised pronto :)

rofl! Its everything I abhore! I'd never Mod it, never I tell ya!

Picture449.jpg12411500.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

OMG is that a Sierra?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

all very tasteful :)
    I wonder how many of the owners have declared these mods to their insurance company!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

Know most of the cars from the shows and cruises, I love the pink punto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

Ilove the cool "L" on the cinq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I wonder how many of the owners have declared these mods to their insurance company!

Exactly. If I was a cop I'd spend many happy hours busting every knacker with so much as a modified exhaust for not having insurance, after pointing out their insurance is only valid for a 'non-modified' car.

Where do they steal all the money to do these mods anyway? Does the scratcher offer a '206' allowance these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tell me the owner of the Pink Punto is a girl?

most insurance companies tell you that t doesnt make a difference if you have modifications unless its changing the performance of the car etc, like a body kit doesnt make any difference, if you want to pay more to insure it you do but its not voiding your insurance if you dont, you just wont get the money back for it if anything did happen.

• Advertisement

Yeop the pink punto is owned by a girl lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The boyfriend must be thrilled getting a lift in that thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

clairey wrote:
    most insurance companies tell you that t doesnt make a difference if you have modifications unless its changing the performance of the car etc, like a body kit doesnt make any difference, if you want to pay more to insure it you do but its not voiding your insurance if you dont, you just wont get the money back for it if anything did happen.

Not necessarily true. Particularly with the addition of spoilers & the new trend of sporting the hidious touring car spoilers, these are likely to affect the handling & balance of the vehicle...therefore affect safety & therefore insurance.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Modifying the car also can affect the risk of theft. Even the addition of alloys can alter its insurance risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

De Hipster wrote:
    Particularly with the addition of spoilers & the new trend of sporting the hidious touring car spoilers, these are likely to affect the handling & balance of the vehicle...therefore affect safety & therefore insurance.

If you were a garda you'd be a right pri€k :rolleyes: In effect, you are right in what you say but the chances of a spoiler causing a car to get out of control is miniscule, unless some idiot put the wing on upside down (aircraft wing, Lift effect). If the spoiler they put on is anywhere near a real functional spoiler, it would increase downforce and increase safety, but the spoiler only makes any difference above 60 or 70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

ando wrote:
    If you were a garda you'd be a right pri€k :rolleyes: In effect, you are right in what you say but the chances of a spoiler causing a car to get out of control is miniscule, unless some idiot put the wing on upside down (aircraft wing, Lift effect). If the spoiler they put on is anywhere near a real functional spoiler, it would increase downforce and increase safety, but the spoiler only makes any difference above 60 or 70

The conversation was in relation to insurance, I was merely pointing out that it was incorrect to suggest that modding (tosser-dressing) your motor would not affect insurance cover.

Not a guard, not a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ando wrote:
    If you were a garda you'd be a right pri€k :rolleyes:

Enough! No personal abuse just general heckling thankyou.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

that poor young man in the fiat was at the cruise in carlow recently (thats where the pics came from)

from all accounts, he wasnt greeted very well :D

and i am sure i have seen this in carlow the other nite

50.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

who owns that,where in the country :eek:

camarobill wrote:
    who owns that,where in the country :eek:

well you can just make the irish reg on it.

i am 90% sure i saw it in Carlow some night this week, and lets face it, dont think i could mistake something else for it...

• Advertisement

Wanton wrote:
    well you can just make the irish reg on it.

i am 90% sure i saw it in Carlow some night this week, and lets face it, dont think i could mistake something else for it...
    :D:D shes one of a kind for sure :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I dunno why people go off so much about boy racers. some of the cars whilst not to my taste have had a lot of effort put into them. I agree some are hideous put you can't blame a guy for tryin' probably on a shoe string. some of them are very nice very clean lines tastefull. I wish we had all thos accessories available when i was that age. in my day you customised your capri with a plastic boot lid spoiler ordered from england it cost the same price as the car which probably had died from rust before you got it in the irish post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah that guy with the orange truck... with no rear end (??) is from Carlow. I've seen it around Carlow town a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Also:

82.jpg

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

ouch

apparently the fella in the fiat is from Kilkenny, he was at the cruise in Carlow there a few weeks ago, and as i said a few post up, i dont think he got the best of welcomes... :rolleyes:

Stephen wrote:
    Also:

82.jpg

lol
    :eek: thats the madest c..t,iv ever seen :D:D ,fair play it takes some balls mad mad mad looper :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mike65 wrote:
    rofl! Its everything I abhore! I'd never Mod it, never I tell ya!

Picture449.jpg12411500.jpg

Mike.
    I would mod it mike! Let me at it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Stephen wrote:
    Also:

82.jpg

lol

yeah that child. someone give him a slap. WTF is with the red fake brake disc?

and that sierra is probably a cosworth... I hope it is, if its not, give him a slap to :D

• Advertisement

fake red disc brake :D what a sap,same color as his L plate,and face,roll them blacked windows up fast and move on fast,or slow as only a ****ttenco can go :D:D :eek:

Advertisement