Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recording a Real Audio feed

• 10-03-2005 9:00pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but here's hoping...
    I want to record (a section of) a Real Audio feed to an mp3 file. I don't have a clue what I'm doing so I need the dummy's guide.
    I assume I'll need some recording and ripping software, so links would be appreciated (all I have at the moment is RealOne Player and Windows Media Player).

What I want to do is record a section of RTE's Rattlebag program, link here:
    http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2030713.smil
    Obviously not the copyrighted parts, purely for academic purposes blah, blah, blah.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

Firstly to download the show , its a 6mb real audio file , use flashget . Its a download manager and will download from http servers no problem .

Then to convert the file to mp3 there is 2 ways

1) you can use RM to MP3 Converter . its a straight forward file converter and does a good job.

2) You can also use a program called total recorder . This program records anything played through your soundcard , captures it and lets you save it in any format.

Lastly , to get the bit you want use , get Mp3 CutterJoiner to edit out the bit you want to save .

This is just the basic's as to write a detailed account would take along time . There is a few tutorials around on all of those programmes . Good luck

Advertisement