Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Isle. Worth seeing?

• 10-03-2005 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

The Isle is out on DVD towards the end of the month, and I know that it was indeed censored, but is it worth seeing reguardless?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

simply put no.

get it on uncut r3/r1 if you can(there might be a legit r0 version out there somewhere too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I don't know if the version I saw was censored but I don't think so because I saw it in France where they are much less strict. I don't remember it being all that violent, though.

It would annoy me seeing a censored film - I want to see what the director was trying to show, not what some censor thinks I should see so I suppose you have to weigh that against the hassle of getting the uncut version.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The censored version we saw here? No. Definetely not. Maybe it's better uncut but I was very underwhelmed by this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The uncut version (if it is indeed the uncut version I have) is quite dull. I found this film rather boring tbh. It's been a while since I watched it but it really didn't do anything for me. Only cost €5 from cdwow so I don't feel hard done by, that's less than the price of a cinema ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm... That's not an encouraging response. I think I'll give it a miss so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

get this
    instead, its by the same director and its brilliant(plus you have the added bonus thats its in stock right now) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

herobear wrote:
    get this
    instead, its by the same director and its brilliant(plus you have the added bonus thats its in stock right now) :D

Aye, I liked that. Better than the Isle.

(No violence though, violence fans!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I would also like to state that The Isle isn't all that good.

There was a nice enough idea in there and it might have worked better with a director like Lars Von Tier. But as it stands it's a very dull film with some pretty gross stuff going on with fish hooks.

I got it on Cd-Wow for €5 too, by the way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

herobear wrote:
    get this

Oh, I have indeed seen it, and I might get around to nabbing it on DVD when I've some spare change again. Great film altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

The Isle is out on DVD towards the end of the month, and I know that it was indeed censored, but is it worth seeing reguardless?

After seeing this not long after Old Boy,I came to the conclusion
    that the Koreans were the most mentally disturbed people in the world.
    Its not up to much but you can't go wrong for €4.80 which is all it
    costs on cd wow HK.And you never know,you liked Gozu so you might
    like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

have to agree with you there pwei, the koreans seem to be a bit in the head!
    saw oldboy and a tale of two sisters in the space of a week which gave me this impression!
    not to hijack this thread, but A Tale of Two Sisters is great film aswell. Good performances, very creepy and storyline that will keep enthralled and confused at the same time

Advertisement