Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

serious problems

Options
  • 10-03-2005 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm starting to mess around a bit with my website and im deciding to 'Uodate' it a little bit..
    Im using photoshop and dreamweaver with an iframe..
    So when I do this one page, i have to move the iframe from the centre where i want it to a bad skew.. see attatch1... but then when i preview in iexplorer it comes out perfect[see attatch2]..
    My resolution is 1400 x 1050, but I shouldnt see how this matters...

When I preview in firefox i get this[attatch3].. notice how there is minor imperfections e.g the photos are slghtly to the left...

To preview this yourself, please go to http://www.esatclear.ie/~idcrisis/temp/mainPICVIEW2.html

does anyone know why this is happening? or a solution...
    Also when I view the site at 1024 x 768 it comes out with the iframe in the place I had to move it to to make it work for 1400x1050..
    please help..
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

uhm change your iframe tag to this?
    <iframe src="mainPICVIEW2_files/house.htm" name="contentFrame" id="contentFrame" target="_self" width="434" height="400" frameborder="0">

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Ph3n0m wrote:
    uhm change your iframe tag to this?
    <iframe src="mainPICVIEW2_files/house.htm" name="contentFrame" id="contentFrame" target="_self" width="434" height="400" frameborder="0">

there is no house.htm file.. its just a picture being displayed in the iframe..

dawballz wrote:
    there is no house.htm file.. its just a picture being displayed in the iframe..
    ok i think i got it.. i created a layer and put the iframe on top of that.. seems ok now..

edit: ok no it didnt make it work..

I have sliced the image up in photoshop i think thats whats putting it off...?

the update to the iframe tag that I posted - just change the reference to your pic instead of that html file

Ph3n0m wrote:
    the update to the iframe tag that I posted - just change the reference to your pic instead of that html file

Ok I nearly have it.. now the frame is staying in the right place alright..but see where i have highlighted in attatch4
    there is that big block covering the rest of the content

any ideas?

• Advertisement

could you not update your previous link as its very difficult to judge things from an image

Ph3n0m wrote:
    could you not update your previous link as its very difficult to judge things from an image

ok sorry...here it is..
    http://www.esatclear.ie/~idcrisis/temp/mainPICVIEW3w.html

Advertisement