Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips?

Options
  • 10-03-2005 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

So simlpe and to the point: how much should you tip your tatooist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

How much do you tip in a restaurant? 10-20% is the norm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Ali Cat

Cool. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

A tip for a tattooist? Never even crossed my mind tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

tipping tattoo artists??
    you're joking me right?
    Its like €70+ an hour and you're supposed to tip them afterwards?
    Not bloody likely!
    This reminds me of a certain Mr. Pink..........

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Tip them--I usually try get a cheaper deal from them for repeat business.

• Advertisement

Well i'm not sure about the general etiquite (sp?) but my question was in relation to my tattooist who's done all my work so far and just cut me a huge break on my newest piece so I really think that tipping him is appropriate.

Em, paying 40 quid for a haircut is obscene money but you still tip your hairdresser, don't you. Why not your tattooist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

...who tips a hairdresser????

Luckily I have long hair. Phew. ¬_¬ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I dont tip my hairdresser....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I normally tip the artist, they dont get all of the 80/hour, it helps to keep them onside as they call the price for each job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

i thought tipping for tattoos was purely an american thing. i don't think it goes on much in europe at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

i can understand y u would tip them, one thing i would never do is tip my peircer them bastards make 30yoyos in 3mins, where as the tattoo artist spends are great deal of time and effort on the art where as with a pericer ure paying for piece of mind so id prob just round off to the nearest even sum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I usually tip mine with beer, since myself & Gav usually go grab beers before, during & after he tattoos - lol.... I buy the beers for during the tattooing & spot him one or two after, hence the decent price he gives me for the work he does on me - LOL....

::: ven0mous :::

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

eth0_ wrote:
    Em, paying 40 quid for a haircut is obscene money but you still tip your hairdresser, don't you. Why not your tattooist?

Who tips their F*ckin hairdresser?!?!?!

i would have assumed that if you were getting a once off then never mind tipping the guy but if you intend to get a lot of stuff then it makes sense to stay in his good books...just my two very valuable and egotistical cents :D

Well as it turned out I did tip him quite decently but then he bought me a rake of drinks, so I think I may of gotten the long end of the stick. That said, after many hours of staring at my boobs, he ended up wanting a different kind of tip. Unproffessional imho.

Me-ow! :)

Who tips their F*ckin hairdresser?!?!?!

I take it you're a bloke?
    I always tip my hairdresser 10% if he/she is sound and does a good job.
    I usually tip 10% in a restaurant too, for example.

Perhaps you're just a tight wad? :P

Advertisement